• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Kings in the North, The Rushing Record and The Special Teams

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He said the truth and that’s exactly what I saw on the field. It’s like the defense bought its own hype and thought they were easily good against the Jets. Like they didn’t take them serious.

I’ve been pounding the drum for an Edge guy for years so don’t mistake me. I just think that it’s not so easy as go get Edge but get an elite and dynamic talent. I would absolutely target an edge defender heavily but I wouldn’t reach on one just to fill a need either. I especially wouldn’t with our first round pick. CB, ILB, IDL all are also great picks too and I’d even consider DB safety as well.

Man it would be great to get a Barkley or McCaffery level of talent at RB. Can you imagine this offense if we had McCaffery AND Jackson?! It would be unstoppable.
CMC is who I considered the dream fit for this offense, but Ingram is seriously looking like the best FA pickup this team has ever made

Would still not hate it whatsoever if we drafted etienne, the way he hits the hole with no hesitation and the amount of yardage he can rack up in the blink of an eye is insane, Lamar makes a good read to hand off and that LB really isn’t committing to the fill, boom you could have a TD from any yardage

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
CMC is who I considered the dream fit for this offense, but Ingram is seriously looking like the best FA pickup this team has ever made

Would still not hate it whatsoever if we drafted etienne, the way he hits the hole with no hesitation and the amount of yardage he can rack up in the blink of an eye is insane, Lamar makes a good read to hand off and that LB really isn’t committing to the fill, boom you could have a TD from any yardage
Ingram is the best FA we ever signed. Great all around back, lot of experience but low mileage, perfect fit, off the charts intangibles, all that for basically a bag of peanuts.

Oh, almost forgot - Roll Tide!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Ingram is the best FA we ever signed. Great all around back, lot of experience but low mileage, perfect fit, off the charts intangibles, all that for basically a bag of peanuts.

Oh, almost forgot - Roll Tide!
Over anquan? Anquan was easily imo. Dont forget about matt birk

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yes, Anquan was a trade and not a FA so he doesn’t count. As for best FA, Ingram is great but I don’t know about best FA ever. Corey Graham and Leach were excellent signings for us. Leach also changed our entire offense in a year as well.
Come on now, I love Vonta, Graham was solid as well but Ingram has 14 TDs on the year, about to break 1000y rushing/1200total and his influence in the locker room is immeasurable. He is a big part of what Lamar can do all year. Just look how Kamara did last year and compare it to this.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Come on now, I love Vonta, Graham was solid as well but Ingram has 14 TDs on the year, about to break 1000y rushing/1200total and his influence in the locker room is immeasurable. He is a big part of what Lamar can do all year. Just look how Kamara did last year and compare it to this.
he's coming close to his all time high rushing total as well.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah I’m just saying I’m not sure whether I can agree because we’ve had some good FA signings.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Idk about best FA signings, there's plenty of great ones out there. I have to go with Matt Birk here since he was so integral to our SB run and gave us pretty good stability at C. We've never really been able to replace him since he retired.

Steve Smith was another good FA signing. He was a big part of the 2014 playoff season.

Ingram has been a beast this year. Great mix of power, speed, and attitude. However, I’ll wait until his time in Baltimore is done before declaring the best FA signing ever, but he’s off to a great start.

Over anquan? Anquan was easily imo. Dont forget about matt birk
I for one will never forget Matt Birk who I think has been our best FA pickup ever. Ingram does have a chance to change that. Let’s see how this all plays out.

Someone mentioned Sharpe too. I can’t remember if that was trade or FA but he was a major factor.

If we win a championship during his time here and he keeps doing what he’s doing Ingram will definitely be the new #1

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I for one will never forget Matt Birk who I think has been our best FA pickup ever. Ingram does have a chance to change that. Let’s see how this all plays out.

Someone mentioned Sharpe too. I can’t remember if that was trade or FA but he was a major factor.

If we win a championship during his time here and he keeps doing what he’s doing Ingram will definitely be the new #1
If we win a ship with ingram i agree he is number 1 for sure

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I guess Thursday isn't part of week 15? I watched the whole 5 minutes and Hollywood's touchdown catch wasn't there.