• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 15 Discussion (Home Field Advantage?)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’d take the Steelers over the Titans in the playoffs all day.

Tennessee can absolutely abuse our defense, and they have the pieces to do what buffalo did to our offense. Tannehill hits those open passes that Allen kept missing, and those runs we have to guys like mostert and singletsry are going to house with Henry.

Logically and theoretically the Titans look like the worst matchup for the ravens. The games aren’t played on paper but when looking at our options Tennessee may be the last one I wanna see

lets be honest though - steelers would be crushed by the 3 seed - be that the chiefs or pats - the chiefs are still the only team that scares me in the playoffs too - titans would be more challenging but we'd have 2 weeks of prep for them if we do end up playing them in the playoffs

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd like to repeat this and i have 0 doubt

anyone who thinks humphrey is better than tre white is in la la land.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Lol fucking cry more

Oh and remember, while Humphrey had a little slump the past 2 weeks opening the door for you to be you, he was making plays to win us close games literally on a weekly basis, Pitt, Seattle, and NE, we certainly lose one of those games without his playmaking, quite possibly lose another, putting us out of the 1 seed.

Humphrey for a goddamn month was THE difference maker, Lamar was doing his thing, but when the defense needed a play to turn momentum or slam the door shut, Humphrey showed up. Tre white hasn’t had quite the same impact.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

they are both very good corners in their own right, but Humphrey fits our defense much better than Tre White. Hell next season, when Young comes back and plays slot, Humphrey will play more boundary corner and that really is his forte. Last season Humphrey was much better than Tre White, btw.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol fucking cry more

Oh and remember, while Humphrey had a little slump the past 2 weeks opening the door for you to be you, he was making plays to win us close games literally on a weekly basis, Pitt, Seattle, and NE, we certainly lose one of those games without his playmaking, quite possibly lose another, putting us out of the 1 seed.

Humphrey for a goddamn month was THE difference maker, Lamar was doing his thing, but when the defense needed a play to turn momentum or slam the door shut, Humphrey showed up. Tre white hasn’t had quite the same impact.

fumble pick ups are one thing, playing the ball and locking down and getting interceptions are another

humphreys other interception was from a deflected pass that went right to him

Tre White is a more fluid, superior corner. Humphrey is a versatile defensive back who can play multiple positions.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

With all that said, I can almost see you picking Humphrey over White if you owned the team. Don't say no because White isn't half as tough as Humphrey and isn't as sure a tackler. Just because he got 2 INTs and has 6 for the year makes him better? Have you forgotten how dominant Humphrey was to start the season through 8-10 games? No he isn't only not better than Humphrey he is in fact quite worse than him imo.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
With all that said, I can almost see you picking Humphrey over White if you owned the team. Don't say no because White isn't half as tough as Humphrey and isn't as sure a tackler. Just because he got 2 INTs and has 6 for the year makes him better? Have you forgotten how dominant Humphrey was to start the season through 8-10 games? No he isn't only not better than Humphrey he is in fact quite worse than him imo.

nope..

I liked tre white more than marlon in the draft and thankfully this board was open in the 2017 draft and you can see that.

Marlon gives up too many big plays still and lacks ball hawking ability. He's a physical defensive back that hasn't improved THAT much in the last few years.

Marlon is a good player and a good fit but if buffalo asked for a straight swap i'd not hesitate. White is a solid tackler, great speed, fantastic instincts, plays the ball and isn't as grabby or a PI machine like marlon.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
nope..

I liked tre white more than marlon in the draft and thankfully this board was open in the 2017 draft and you can see that.

Marlon gives up too many big plays still and lacks ball hawking ability. He's a physical defensive back that hasn't improved THAT much in the last few years.

Marlon is a good player and a good fit but if buffalo asked for a straight swap i'd not hesitate. White is a solid tackler, great speed, fantastic instincts, plays the ball and isn't as grabby or a PI machine like marlon.
great player, but Marlon Humphrey is a better player for the Ravens defense, under Wink and even when we had Pees.

Off the topic though, I liked both players a lot when I had the Seattle Seahawks in the Forum Mock and was targeting Marlon Humphrey because of how well he would fit their defense. He was taken one or two picks in front of me and I ended up with Tre White.

btw, your favorite corner in that draft wasn't White, you would have preferred to trade up and take Marshon Lattimore.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
great player, but Marlon Humphrey is a better player for the Ravens defense, under Wink and even when we had Pees.

Off the topic though, I liked both players a lot when I had the Seattle Seahawks in the Forum Mock and was targeting Marlon Humphrey because of how well he would fit their defense. He was taken one or two picks in front of me and I ended up with Tre White.

btw, your favorite corner in that draft wasn't White, you would have preferred to trade up and take Marshon Lattimore.

yup and i then liked tre white second

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yup and i then liked tre white second
Humphrey's numbers were better than both of them last season, because he played boundary corner. This year he has played a lot in the slot due to the loss of Tavon Young and now allowing Jimmy and Peters to play outside, allows all of them to be on the field at the same time.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This shit needs it’s own thread.

@Sami84 please create a “White is better than Humphrey” thread and we can have back and forth there on the topic for the next decade or so that Humphrey is a Raven.

nah, humphrey is a good corner, he's no scrub. Sure, white is a bit better but it's not worthy of a thread.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
nope..

you can say that all you like about their individual abilities - i disagree with you on that but clearly that's not going to change

what is not in doubt is their respective fits in baltimore - tredavious white makes our defence demonstrably weaker vs humphrey - humphrey's a much better fit, a physical man-to-man corner who's also effective working downhill in zone and has the mindset of a linebacker close to the LoS - he doesnt have the same ball-tracking skills as white and he doesnt take risks in coverage like white sometimes does (a lot of the time because he knows he has safety help over the top - a bit marcus peters-esque)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Drew Brees' magic number is 3 heading into the final two weeks of the season. I hope Brady retires before Brees so Brees can end up number one, would hate for Brady to end up number one.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Mate, Bengals were never going to help us
They never do with their worthless asses. BUUT they'll play us like it's their Super Bowl (not entirely as much this season) since they play like cowards against the Steelers.

Steelers forum saying they can still make playoffs with titans losing and ravens potentially starting RG3. God, I hope we hand them a FAT L in week17
Week 16 in 2016. NEVER FORGET! I want payback!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
They never do with their worthless asses. BUUT they'll play us like it's their Super Bowl (not entirely as much this season) since they play like cowards against the Steelers.

Week 16 in 2016. NEVER FORGET! I want payback!

Play Lamar, put up 40 or more points on them then sit Lamar. Let's make sure they aren't going to the playoffs. Unfortunately we need the Titans to win against the Saints & Texans to ensure us beating them in week 17 eliminates them completely. I don't have much faith in the Titans beating the Saints next week, and maybe Houston sits players if they clinch the AFC South on Saturday.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Play Lamar, put up 40 or more points on them then sit Lamar. Let's make sure they aren't going to the playoffs. Unfortunately we need the Titans to win against the Saints & Texans to ensure us beating them in week 17 eliminates them completely. I don't have much faith in the Titans beating the Saints next week, and maybe Houston sits players if they clinch the AFC South on Saturday.
We ain't putting up 40 points against that defense.