• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Terrell Suggs: Can/should we get him?

now that is a tough question
It could be interesting to see what kind of shake up might happen based on how STs struggled. Suggs cannot he added to the game day roster at the expense of ST regulars without making someone in the base rotation start playing STs.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sizzle is never going to play for NE. He'd retire first.
For that very reason and for us not to get our hands on him the evil empire of yesteryear will claim him.... that is just how they're wired. If they can't improve they won't let their competition get better. Maybe I am just wary of the Patriots and their constant cheating and bending rules for an advantage. However, I won't put it past Andy Reid to claim him either. Just me.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeh if another team claims him then he has to either play for them or sit out/retire. I just can't see him making it through waivers unclaimed given that our rivals know a reunion is likely.

What do people make of the chemistry angle? I've been mulling it over myself - the team hierarchy is set and working well, but here comes Suggs, a former face of the franchise and expecting to resume his role as top dog. Does that have the potential to derail the harmony? I don't feel like Suggs is a divisive character so I expect he'd slot right back in, but is it risky?
I've thought about that very thing and it is a valid concern that I'm sure the coaches and front office is grappling with. But, the fact that Judos the unquestioned leader of the LB corps tweeted at Suggs to come back home tells me the chemistry will be okay. But, team dynamics are a strange thing. One added ingredient however flavorful could screw up the whole recipe.

For that very reason and for us not to get our hands on him the evil empire of yesteryear will claim him.... that is just how they're wired. If they can't improve they won't let their competition get better. Maybe I am just wary of the Patriots and their constant cheating and bending rules for an advantage. However, I won't put it past Andy Reid to claim him either. Just me.
Who knows maybe Sizzle would call their bluff and eat a roster spot and do nothing and force them to cut him.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I can see Chiefs take him to actually play but he will not put the Pats uniform on.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Reportedly Suggs is strongly considering not reported to the team that claims him in hopes of signing with us.

upload_2019-12-14_19-11-37.jpeg

The post @ALI624 is likely referring to.

With that you can scratch any teams that will legitimately want his services. That leaves only those who may want to fuck with him and the Ravens. I guess we’ll see.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
With that you can scratch any teams that will legitimately want his services. That leaves only those who may want to [profanity deleted] with him and the Ravens. I guess we’ll see.

So he is 100% getting claimed by the Pats

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So he is 100% getting claimed by the Pats
That shit hole can claim him all they want. We all know Sizz does whatever the hell he wants. He’ll straight up tell their cheating asses “no thanks”. Sizz will be a Raven by Monday.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
That shit hole can claim him all they want. We all know Sizz does whatever the hell he wants. He’ll straight up tell their cheating asses “no thanks”. Sizz will be a Raven by Monday.

Or they claim him, put on the retired/exempt list when he doesnt report and get the roster spot back and he does not get to go to the Ravens.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Or they claim him, put on the retired/exempt list when he doesnt report and get the roster spot back and he does not get to go to the Ravens.
Dammit Adreme.. always hitting me with logic :(

We will kick the shit out of those basterds with or without Sizzle ... that is if the sorry shit team makes it that far.

purp

Practice Squad
Probably the bigger question will be who do we drop from the active roster in games where we would want to dress Suggs?

You IR Jaleel Scott. Hate to do that to the legend but this is Suggs we’re talking about.

How great of a “prodigal son” story would this be? Harbaugh might start reading the Bible at the parade haha.

You IR Jaleel Scott. Hate to do that to the legend but this is Suggs we’re talking about.

How great of a “prodigal son” story would this be? Harbaugh might start reading the Bible at the parade haha.

Jaleel is inactive every week