• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The General Front 7 Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
He has All Pro potential with his physical profile as not many power ends have an elite weight adjusted 40, the only issue he has is durability.
All Pro would mean he's better than Miller, Houston, Kerrigan, Quinn, Ingram, Mercilus, Chandler Jones, etc... (and those are just OLB, not all pass rushers). I think Judon is gonna be great but it's asking a lot from him to be All Pro.

All Pro would mean he's better than Miller, Houston, Kerrigan, Quinn, Ingram, Mercilus, Chandler Jones, etc... (and those are just OLB, not all pass rushers). I think Judon is gonna be great but it's asking a lot from him to be All Pro.

How do you rationalize AP potential as meaning hes better than Von Miller

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Judon is gonna end up a criminally overlooked and slept on player. I think he's gonna become the next Suggs on this team, not necessarily the same spot but that player that can't leave the field because he does everything at a really high level, but lacking the kinda burst and speed rush that higher touted players get.
Between he and Suggs alone our edge pressure is formidable.
Add Tim Williams.....

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
How do you rationalize AP potential as meaning hes better than Von Miller
Well all pro is the absolute best at your position. So miller and Mack are front runners for AP every single year, to be an all pro Judon literally has to be better. To be second team all pro he's gotta beat out guys like Whitney mercilus, Vic Beasley, Justin Houston, jadeveon clowney, ziggy ansah, Everton griffen, and others. Joey bosa, Myles Garrett, Dante fowler, haason reddick, Derek Barnett are all up and comers who he may have to beat out for that title as well. Not gonna happen.

I think Judon is gonna be excellent, but he will never sniff that caliber of player. And he doesn't need to either. Tim Williams would be far more likely.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
10 edge rushers made the AP teams last year, 11 if you include Hightower
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000770458/article/three-rookies-matt-ryan-among-players-named-to-allpro-team?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=plyr%3Daqib_talib%3Bplyr%3Dmatthew_ryan%3Bplyr%3Dmatthew_slater&sr=amp

First team: 2 edge rushers
Second team: 4 edge rushers

First team: 1 linebacker who is an edge rusher
Second team: also 1 linebacker who is an edge rusher.

That's 8 edge rushers spread across multiple positions. Not sure where you got 10 from or why you would count Hightower anyway. Some linebackers CAN rush sparingly, but that doesn't make them edge rushers.

Mack
Beasley
Clowney
Wake
Vernon
Graham
Alexander
Mckinney
Miller

So its 9 if you dont count Hightower, I missed Clowney being listed twice.

Anyway I stand by my statement that if Judon stays healthy he has AP potential, Im not writing him off because of his draft position hes a specimen and has shown he can beat blocks against the run and pass. Now he just needs to continue building on what hes done so far.

The Raven

Veteran
Mack
Beasley
Clowney
Wake
Vernon
Graham
Alexander
Mckinney
Miller

Anyway I stand by my statement that if Judon stays healthy he has AP potential, Im not writing him off because of his draft position hes a specimen and has shown he can beat blocks against the run and pass. Now he just needs to continue building on what hes done so far.
The key word here is "potential." I know what it means, but when you start saying "AP potential" people get all in a tizzy.

Judon absolutely has legitimate All Pro potential, if you know what the word potential means. His combination of size, speed, strength, and hand use is pretty damn good.

Its just a slow news day

Anyway I see Orr is back from retirement and shopping around, from what Im hearing hes scheduled a visit with the Lions.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Mack
Beasley
Clowney
Wake
Vernon
Graham
Alexander
Mckinney
Miller

Looking back, that page is formatted weird, they have a list of all pros, and then out of nowhere an additional list of all pros...

Would you really consider McKinney an edge rusher though? I don't, at all.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Ok ok I got it that we're just talking potential, but we're also talking All Pro, not even Pro Bowl or three down starter.
And «potential» kinda implies you're expecting to be something close to that. I'd be extremely happy if Judon produces in his career like 2016 Suggs, which is nowhere near close to All Pro (borderline Pro Bowl is within reach though)

Looking back, that page is formatted weird, they have a list of all pros, and then out of nowhere an additional list of all pros...

Would you really consider McKinney an edge rusher though? I don't, at all.

Yeah I wrote that on my phone, its meant to be Mercilus

Ok ok I got it that we're just talking potential, but we're also talking All Pro, not even Pro Bowl or three down starter.
And «potential» kinda implies you're expecting to be something close to that. I'd be extremely happy if Judon produces in his career like 2016 Suggs, which is nowhere near close to All Pro (borderline Pro Bowl is within reach though)

Look I'm not splitting anymore hairs over your assumptions and interpretations, theres been a whole page of this and it's not that complicated. Lets move on

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I don't remember that article, but I'd love to see it. Agree losing Young sucks. We could have Young, Dixon and Judon become good to very good starters from the 2016 draft, from the 4th and 5th round. Canady and Henry would be would be icing on the cake.

Agree, teams just looked past him because he was a small school guy.

When was he injured last season?

I'll run a search after work today and find the article on henry. It was Baltimore beat down "Jernigan could find henry breathing down neck" Maybe Henry is learning the craft and management was comfy trading Jernigan??

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll run a search after work today and find the article on henry. It was Baltimore beat down "Jernigan could find henry breathing down neck" Maybe Henry is learning the craft and management was comfy trading Jernigan??
Oh I definitely agree that management was comfortable trading Jernigan, but Henry may not be the reason. I'm not saying the reason wasn't Henry.

I liked Jernigan, but thought he was a bit overrated by some Ravens fans. Thought we received fair value in return as well.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Oh I definitely agree that management was comfortable trading Jernigan, but Henry may not be the reason. I'm not saying the reason wasn't Henry.

I liked Jernigan, but thought he was a bit overrated by some Ravens fans. Thought we received fair value in return as well.
Yeah, I feel like he didn't really fit in the scheme as well, felt out of place.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jernigan will likely become a pro bowl level guy in Phillys scheme, still doesn't make it a bad trade for us. Keeping Jernigan instead of taking that deal means one thing: super bowl or bust. We weren't resigning him, no way, so if he doesn't contribute massively this one year resulting in a super bowl, and we passed on an opportunity to get a solid return, then we biffed it. I am always for getting a return on players that are on borrowed time, unless that player will help us win a super bowl, and let's face it, it's not happening this year