• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Steelers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Potentially meaningless game even for the steelers if the Titans beat the Texans.

How many starters even suit up...
already Earl Thomas has said to Josina Anderson he doesn't expect to play, likewise as much as lamar wants to you've got to imagine he's not going to play - some players are going to have to play because of pure numbers but i reckon we're gonna see a fair few stood down:

Lamar, Ingram, Stanley, Yanda, Earl Thomas at least
but we could see andrews, hollywood, brandon williams, judon, jimmy smith all sat down too - even marcus peters if he's even close to not being 100%

we're probably going to see the first activation and game time for ben powers and jaleel scott etc.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Finally a stress free Week 17!

shutterstock_47968372.jpg

IDK, I think y’all might be surprised at what Harbs does. 3 weeks down could be a recipe for disaster. I’m thinking Ingram is a no brainer, but healthy bodies may see at least some playing time.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was all for going into this game and giving it out all, until guys started dropping like flies. That reality set in today, it’s not worth it.

But god damn I hate the idea of so much rest before the playoffs... harbaugh needs to keep everyone LASER focused, that first round bye should have like one day off and the rest should be about mental prep and practice reps. I don’t want any rust in the divisional round

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
You can rest Thomas, Andrews, and Ingram but I wouldn’t rest anyone else. I’d play Lamar for sure and even Hollywood just to get them reps. Definitely bring Trace into the game as well. Let Jackson play a quarter or two and then put him to rest.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was all for going into this game and giving it out all, until guys started dropping like flies. That reality set in today, it’s not worth it.

But god damn I hate the idea of so much rest before the playoffs... harbaugh needs to keep everyone LASER focused, that first round bye should have like one day off and the rest should be about mental prep and practice reps. I don’t want any rust in the divisional round

Yeah, even though I also hate the idea of so much rest, we just need to keep our players healthy heading into the playoffs. Also, Harbs has done a great job over the years of having this team ready to play coming off byes so I'm hoping this also translates to the playoffs with added time due to week 17 being effectively a "pre-season" game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

one of the beat guys during today's game said the arguments for each side kind of played out in the game today:

we started off really rusty but ultimately shook it off by half-time - but you dont even have the opportunity to shake off injuries in the same way - it doesnt mean we arent trying to win but we're probably gonna see a lot of guys not playing - anyone who had any sort of injury worry or niggle is going to get pulled

Tank

Hall of Famer
You can rest Thomas, Andrews, and Ingram but I wouldn’t rest anyone else. I’d play Lamar for sure and even Hollywood just to get them reps. Definitely bring Trace into the game as well. Let Jackson play a quarter or two and then put him to rest.
I think Mcsorley has been inactive all season. Right? Unless Lamar is inactive I doubt we see Trace.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Mcsorley has been inactive all season. Right? Unless Lamar is inactive I doubt we see Trace.
If you start resting players, Lamar or not, you’ll need to activate other players you normally make inactive.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This will be the least stressful Ravens/Steelers game I've ever watched in my life. Additionally, this will be a stress-free week 17 for me in which this is something we haven't had since the 2012 season. 2015 doesn't count for me because I was living extremely vicariously as a Jets fan for obvious reasons.

FWIW regarding resting our starters, the Eagles were in a damn near identical situation in 2017. They basically rested all of their starters and well....you know.

I think Harbs is gonna play this game like a game 3 preseason. All healthy starters will play at least into the 2nd qtr., maybe til halftime. I would be shocked though if he plays anyone who is dinged up at all.

You know, even though this game has zero meaning it’s still gonna suck if we lose to those yinzer MOFOs. They will be able to say they ended our 11 game winning streak (tied franchise record by the way). SMH.