• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Steelers

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Now we have to listen to their fans moan about us "cheating" to deflect. Whatever.

Would like to see Trace get in the game. Do we have any rbs on the ps? Can't see us giving many reps to Gus with the Ingram situation. This game might be a lot more fun than people realize. We WILL try to win this. Pretty damn sure the team wants the franchise record for wins.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

wtf Is this

Another reason to not take Barstool Sports seriously.... like ever. I seen people talk about this on Twitter, like seriously every person that is at an NFL Game whether it's players, coaches, security, refs, announcers, TV Crew, stadium employees, and whoever else I'm forgetting all have cell phones with blue tooth technology. Forgot about the fact that EVERY NFL TEAM uses Microsoft Surface Tablets that uses Bluetooth technology.

Based off this nonsense, every team would be cheating because they use a Microsoft Surface Tablet. Just like how every team uses NFL 360 but yet say it's cheating when we do it.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This will be the least stressful Ravens/Steelers game I've ever watched in my life. Additionally, this will be a stress-free week 17 for me in which this is something we haven't had since the 2012 season. 2015 doesn't count for me because I was living extremely vicariously as a Jets fan for obvious reasons.

FWIW regarding resting our starters, the Eagles were in a damn near identical situation in 2017. They basically rested all of their starters and well....you know.
when did you join br.com

Tank

Hall of Famer
If you start resting players, Lamar or not, you’ll need to activate other players you normally make inactive.
That's true, but even though you're resting players I think you still use this game to get guys reps that will/may see action in the tournament. I'd like to see Trace on the field as much as you, but would be surprised if that happens this week.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's true, but even though you're resting players I think you still use this game to get guys reps that will/may see action in the tournament. I'd like to see Trace on the field as much as you, but would be surprised if that happens this week.
Yeah but I guess we’ll see because it just depends on who we may want to rest, if anyone. That’ll really determine it for me. As far as I can tell, Andrews and Ingram are almost definite rest guys for me and then you have guys like Thomas who sound like he won’t suit up. That’s already -3 from our 53. That only leaves 4 more dudes to rest as inactives.

Outside of those 3, I would look at resting Humphrey or Smith & Peters, mainly because both of the latter were down at various points yesterday and Humphrey has been “hurt” some too as well at times. Between them I would rest Jimmy & Peters then hope Humphrey is good & match him on JuJu. If we rest both those CB & then rest Yanda or sometime else like Stanley then those are your inactives without even resting Lamar, if he does or doesn’t. I wouldn’t rule out resting Brandon Williams or Pierce either since we have Ellis whose been a regular inactive lately.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
After yesterday, I am in the not worth the injury crowd. Look how we suffered early in the season when Brandon and Jimmy got hurt. Don't want to risk that for the playoffs. I think we can still win the game playing backups at home after the way the Steelers looked yesterday. I just really want those 93 yards and I will be happy.

Tank

Hall of Famer
After yesterday, I am in the not worth the injury crowd. Look how we suffered early in the season when Brandon and Jimmy got hurt. Don't want to risk that for the playoffs. I think we can still win the game playing backups at home after the way the Steelers looked yesterday. I just really want those 93 yards and I will be happy.
You just wanna throw your wife and in laws a bone. lol

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im guessing this game is treated as a preseason game with Lamar playing a quarter along with most other starters. After that I think we will see plenty of other players. Inactives : Thomas,Ingram,Stanley,Andrews. Probably see some practice squad players active with a running back getting playing time.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
You just wanna throw your wife and in laws a bone. lol
If we give them a big advantage and they make the playoffs, I may get some that night.......LOL! I have to admit that I was laughing my ass off yesterday. They were trying to say that Lamar is only good because Harbaugh totally committed to designing the team around Lamar's skill set. I thought that was a stupid comment. They all said they would have have beat us and may have won the division if Ben did not get hurt. They want the Chiefs or the Bills in the Super Bowl (of course), but they hate the Pats and rather see us win that game. After seeing the way they looked yesterday on offense, I really think we can beat them with our backups.