• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Black Monday - 2019

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m so glad we dodged the bullet on Garrett. I can’t imagine us with him here as the HC. He may be a fine coordinator but he’s just not a HC. It could be a Dallas thing too but he’s just not effective.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh, I thought POC is a term used by NFL officially, which ticked me off because there wouldn't be NFL without people of colour, mostly black people. Or there would be but extremely boring.

yeah it's not an nfl term - it's been in general parlance and was popularized in the '80s and '90s by racial justice activists etc. - is just a term that provides a larger collective solidarity between different minority ethnic groups etc.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m so glad we dodged the bullet on Garrett. I can’t imagine us with him here as the HC. He may be a fine coordinator but he’s just not a HC. It could be a Dallas thing too but he’s just not effective.
yeah, definitely dodged a bullet, but I do wonder if he would be better on a team without Jerry Jones.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Redskins won't officially make Rivera their HC hire until around tomorrow. That being said, this has been done since Sunday afternoon.

RON RIVERAC, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Redskins hired ex-Panthers coach Ron Rivera as head coach.
Rapoport adds that it's a five-year deal that will be announced Wednesday. Washington wasted little time in securing Rivera, who has a career .546 winning percentage despite coming off two consecutive losing seasons. The hottest coaching candidate in the market, it's genuinely surprising Rivera chose Washington in short order. While it's unconfirmed, the soon-to-be 58-year-old is likely to retain OC Kevin O'Connell and lure one of Steve Wilks, John Pagano, or Al Holcomb as his defensive coordinator.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone else find it odd that the Jason Garrett's contract is up on January 14th. If Jerry Jones thought they were talented enough to reach the super bowl, shouldn't the contract end after the first Sunday in February?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Pencil in Chase Young number two to Washington. This is the best hire Snyder has made in years, should be a very interesting game between us and them depending on their offensive coaches and how Haskins develops.
we will beat the shit out of them

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pencil in Chase Young number two to Washington. This is the best hire Snyder has made in years, should be a very interesting game between us and them depending on their offensive coaches and how Haskins develops.

Wasn't Chase Young going back to school?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Dolphins brininging Chan Gailey out of retirement to be the new Offensive Coordinator for 2020. Chan worked with Fitzpatrick in Buffalo so that tells FitzMagic isn't going anywhere next season.

Perhaps keeping Fitz the starter until Tua is healthy?