• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Black Monday - 2019

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Zero Stability in 20 years.....

I can see why they fired him. He blew it. He had everything a GM wants if he has to start from scratch, but without going to live through the painful tank/rebuild itself. He had 100m in cap space and a plethora of high draft picks. Drafted the QB of his choice. He wanted to improve the culture, but what did he do? Traded and signed players with character concerns. He got his star wr (again same mistake) and last but not least he chose his HC. Massively underachieving i.e. 6-10 is one thing, but the culture is still unstable and toxic. Fired Kitchens (his choice and they got a headstart because they fired Hue halfway through the 2018 season) massive mistake again.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not happening, Roman will be new Carolina coach.
Where did you hear this or is this a joke/projection? I don’t recall hearing anything about Roman to CAR. I thought someone else was leading there? I’ve heard others are leading candidates there and it’s between Eric and McDaniels as the Panthers allegedly want a younger HC.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Where did you hear this or is this a joke? I don’t recall hearing anything about Roman to CAR. I thought someone else was leading there?

I've heard McDaniels, Bieniemy, McCarthy and Rhule as the only coaches being linked to the job in Carolina. I even checked the Panthers forum and there is nothing about Roman.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Where did you hear this or is this a joke/projection? I don’t recall hearing anything about Roman to CAR. I thought someone else was leading there? I’ve heard others are leading candidates there and it’s between Eric and McDaniels as the Panthers allegedly want a younger HC.
Haven't heard anything, just repeating my prediction from couple months back.

I've heard McDaniels, Bieniemy, McCarthy and Rhule as the only coaches being linked to the job in Carolina. I even checked the Panthers forum and there is nothing about Roman.
@allblackraven has been predicting Roman to Carolina for some time now. I’ve heard nothing linking him to Carolina. I’ve heard some analysts say that could be a possible fit and an article in the Charlotte paper suggested they bring him in but nothing requested as of yet. Given who they have already decided to bring in he’s apparently not high on their list.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy will be a busy man this week.

I hope he's not being used as a Rooney rule candidate. He deserves an HC job on his own resume. The Panthers job would be perfect for him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
According to The Cleveland Plain Dealer, The Browns are considering promoting assistant GM Eliot Wolf and pairing him with Mike McCarthy who both worked together in Green Bay for 12 seasons. Like I said, we may escape the coach hiring with both Roman & Wink in tact.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...pairing-with-eliot-wolf-being-considered.html
I was starting to think this yesterday, since I believe Rhule is the top choice in NY and I don't think Roman is a top candidate in Carolina.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You could be on to to something as a ESPN report thinks the same thing could happen. Zimmer's contract is up next year so they could choose to fire him, and they also speculated on GM Rick Spielman who has been their GM since 2006.

https://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota...or-kirk-cousins-vikings-in-playoffs-vs-saints

Zimmer is apparently someone who Jerry Jones is interested in - not sure that's the kind of big name i thought he would want but those were the rumours starting earlier this week

so we've got 4 vacancies still - Rhule is the favourite with the Giants, Browns are interviewing everyone, Cowboys have only just started the process and the Panthers have been taking their time

is there anywhere other than new york where there's a clear favourite yet?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Zimmer is apparently someone who Jerry Jones is interested in - not sure that's the kind of big name i thought he would want but those were the rumours starting earlier this week

so we've got 4 vacancies still - Rhule is the favourite with the Giants, Browns are interviewing everyone, Cowboys have only just started the process and the Panthers have been taking their time

is there anywhere other than new york where there's a clear favourite yet?
This doesn't surprise me at all, considering he was the defensive coordinator under Bill Parcells. Scary actually as Sean Payton was the offensive coordinator. Surprised they didn't win more with that coaching staff. Only the Giants have a clear favorite, haven't heard of any clear favorites out of Carolina or Cleveland, although I think they end up hiring McCarthy. My guess would be that Carolina hires Bieniemy.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It's now down to three openings, Giants, Panthers and Browns and only the Giants (Wink) and Browns (Roman) have interviewed with them. Rhule is the 1st choice of the Giants and I believe Stefanski could be the top choice of the Browns.