• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Division Round vs Titans

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
2017: Titans beat the Ravens (key loss to our missed-playoffs season)
2018: Ravens beat the Titans (key loss to their missed-playoffs season)
2019: ???

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty confident in this one. We will score more than 13 points and we are built better than the Pats to stop the run which is their strength. If we play well, we will win.
They have much bigger line backers than us. We are stronger on the dline though so hopefully that helps.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I could be wrong, but I feel confidently that our secondary players will show up and perform similarly to have New England's did last night. I don't see them throwing for more than 200 yards on us. I do unfortunately think they will run on us similarly early. I think we win however because as long as we strike early and often as well, they're going to have to abandon the run game a little and that's where we'll feast.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
2017: Titans beat the Ravens (key loss to our missed-playoffs season)
2018: Ravens beat the Titans (key loss to their missed-playoffs season)
2019: ???
Titans Ravens used to be a huge rivalry with Ray Lewis and Eddie George. Looks like we could start rekindling a rivalry.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
The more I think about it, maybe it was a blessing that we play the Titans. The Titans had no pass rush yesterday and Brady was not pressured in the pocket. Tannehill and the Titans passing game was not that impressive. On the other hand, the Texans pass rush was looking good in the second half against the Bills. Cody Ford was struggling mightily with Watt. If Will Fuller and Jonathan Joseph are able to go next week, the Texans should be even tougher. The Texans did beat the Titans in week 15 when the game actually mattered and were not resting their starters. Hyde actually ran for more yards than Henry that game. Hyde had 104 to Henry’s 86. With that said, both teams beat Mahomes so neither team should be taken lightly. Watson beat him in Arrowhead, Tannehill was at home.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So basically they're going for the ankle

LOL. That board is pretty funny. I really just dont understand the general hatred among fans for other teams. That includes this board. I'm only 23, been a Ravens fall for as long as I can remember. I know I am not old enough to have been a part of the Browns and Colts controversy and such but I don't hate other teams. Like even the steelers. I like when we do better than steelers for obvious reasons, but they don't make me sick like how some people act. What I really don't get though is those fans on the titans board are saying I hate those fuckers and the piece of shit Ravens go for his ankle and blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, I honestly couldn't care less. This post is more of just being confused about how people can be so irrationally angry towards anoyher football team and one outside of their division at that. Idk I feel like football is supposed to be fun and about your community. Not go for his ankle.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
LOL. That board is pretty funny. I really just dont understand the general hatred among fans for other teams. That includes this board. I'm only 23, been a Ravens fall for as long as I can remember. I know I am not old enough to have been a part of the Browns and Colts controversy and such but I don't hate other teams. Like even the steelers. I like when we do better than steelers for obvious reasons, but they don't make me sick like how some people act. What I really don't get though is those fans on the titans board are saying I hate those fuckers and the piece of shit Ravens go for his ankle and blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, I honestly couldn't care less. This post is more of just being confused about how people can be so irrationally angry towards anoyher football team and one outside of their division at that. Idk I feel like football is supposed to be fun and about your community. Not go for his ankle.
going for ankles and hoping for injuries is classless. If you think your team is better than the other team, than they should be able to beat them at full strength. I understand people not liking other teams, but downright hatred does get to be ridiculous, although the Patriots hatred from our board is understandable with all the cheating the Pats have done over the years. The Steelers hatred is typical rivalry hatred. The Titans members still remember the rivalry from the early part of last decade.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Back in the day, when we were in the same division the rivalry was seriously intense. We hated each other and the games were brutal! They were a very good team back then and our defense went into their house and smacked them in mouth in the playoffs. I don’t think they ever built a rivalry like that since, like we did with the Steelers. We moved on and kind of forgot about them, they never did. Those older fans still carry around that hate and want revenge. Being around during that time, I understand. Hell, I still carry around hate for Irsay and the Indianapolis Colts!

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad
Not fearing the titans in the least. The Patriots looked pedestrian and one dimensional during the last quarter of the season. I think they knew they didn’t have it this year and started to play like it. That team last night was the same team that lost to the Dolphins last week. Consider that there wasn’t a point scored in the second half last night until the pick six. That’s enough film to devise a gameplan to limit Henry and that offense. The Patriots offense is anemic and one dimensional. Ravens will score on that Titans D. This matchup has more potential to be like the Rams or Texans game than it does the 49ers.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
going for ankles and hoping for injuries is classless. If you think your team is better than the other team, than they should be able to beat them at full strength. I understand people not liking other teams, but downright hatred does get to be ridiculous, although the Patriots hatred from our board is understandable with all the cheating the Pats have done over the years. The Steelers hatred is typical rivalry hatred. The Titans members still remember the rivalry from the early part of last decade.

The patriots I totally understand, I hate cheating. Steelers, I understand the rivalry, it's legit. Just not hatred. The repeatedetsbgo for his ankle? Not good by me.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Back in the day, when we were in the same division the rivalry was seriously intense. We hated each other and the games were brutal! They were a very good team back then and our defense went into their house and smacked them in mouth in the playoffs. I don’t think they ever built a rivalry like that since, like we did with the Steelers. We moved on and kind of forgot about them, they never did. Those older fans still carry around that hate and want revenge. Being around during that time, I understand. Hell, I still carry around hate for Irsay and the Indianapolis Colts!

Yeah I can appreciate now that there was a big time rivalry awhile ago. I just don't like ill will on Lamar. Guy is total class.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah I can appreciate now that there was a big time rivalry awhile ago. I just don't like ill will on Lamar. Guy is total class.
yep, we played the Titans 3 times in the playoffs from 2000-08 seasons, but also used to be in the same division as the Houston Oilers before the move and after the move when Tennessee was still called the Oilers.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I agree! You can root that we smack down an opponent but you don’t wish an actual injury to anyone. That is classless. That is why I hated Burfict. There is no place in the NFL for a guy like him.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
yep, we played the Titans 3 times in the playoffs from 2000-08 seasons, but also used to be in the same division as the Houston Oilers before the move and after the move when Tennessee was still called the Oilers.

Yeah I find @cobrajet comment really interesting. The fact that they remember that rivalry intensely whereas we kinda moved on and created a new rivalry.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
they never built a rivalry after our rivalry with them because they haven't been consistently good. I'd say the Skins Cowboys rivalry is the same, the Cowboys don't consider it a rivalry anymore because the Skins haven't been good for a very long time and the Cowboys have developed new rivalries with the rest of the division.