• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

WR/RB Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
IR stashes never work out. I seriously hope we don't do that.

Agree. I also feel like wr is one of the worst positions for the player to miss their first year. Seems rare they do and bounce back to be successful unless they are are super talented.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
My mistake. Ment I doubt we keep 7. I really see no value in Perriman. He is straight up awful. Everyone else can offer something. He, only injuries and drops
Its up to him to save his roster spot now. If he gets cut, it's on him. But who knows...maybe he can get back on the track he was on during his first season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We now have Crabs Brown Snead + the two draft picks + Perriman & Moore. I doubt we keep six does this spell the end for Perriman ?

perriman is cuttable this year and is due a roster bonus i believe before training camp so financially its not in our interests to let him compete if we are happy with the idea that he wont make the roster

that being said i cant remember where i saw this so i could be 100% wrong

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I feel like SOMEONE would give up a 6th or 7th round conditional pick for Perriman no? Who knows maybe a change of scenery would do him good.

Braveheart

Practice Squad
perriman is cuttable this year and is due a roster bonus i believe before training camp so financially its not in our interests to let him compete if we are happy with the idea that he wont make the roster

that being said i cant remember where i saw this so i could be 100% wrong

Perriman is due a $649,485 bonus if he is still with us on the 3rd day of Training Camp. We save 1.6 million by cutting him after June 1st.

Braveheart

Practice Squad
DeCosta has said we may still add a Running Back. I know there will be camp cuts coming but who is left out there that you like?

I liked the Collins/Allen combo from last year and we have Dixon returning so it doesn't need to be an every-down back? Someone that could maybe give us a different option?

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
DeCosta has said we may still add a Running Back. I know there will be camp cuts coming but who is left out there that you like?

I liked the Collins/Allen combo from last year and we have Dixon returning so it doesn't need to be an every-down back? Someone that could maybe give us a different option?

It'll no doubt be somebody in the mold of a 3rd down back to replace Woodhead.

Braveheart

Practice Squad
It'll no doubt be somebody in the mold of a 3rd down back to replace Woodhead.

Looking at the options for veterans currently available it does not make for good reading, would Shane Vereen fit that mould? Cant say i would be keen on us signing him.

I am surprised Orleans Darkwa is still out there? Thought that he showed enough last year for someone to give him a shot?