• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Murphy's Law and The Ravens

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
We should’ve just put Gus as the starter and ran it way more. But we also should’ve not turned the ball over and converted on 4th and 1.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Defense needs a major facelift. Can’t give up >200 yards rushing to nobody, don’t care who they are. Give me Chris Jones and all the free agency pass rushers

Nothing is guaranteed, nothing is promised. Except that this team is going to go to work. Going to grind to get better like they are a young team that is 0-2 in the playoffs. Hungry dogs run faster.
I sure hope so. When I'm hungry, I am downright sluggish.
i absolutely hate how much the titans players are trolling right now - so fucking glad we get to play them in the regular season next year
Meh, remember in 2013 when Manning put up 6 or 7 tds against the Ravens? Did it make up for the Mile High Miracle?

You can't get revenge for the post season in the regular season...unless maybe you keep a team out of the playoffs, but maybe not even then.

You know what is weird: every Titans Ravens postseason game has been won by the road dogs.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
except that the titans were loading up and playing the run well and leaving us with opportunities in the passing game - we just didnt take them for various reasons

and lamar has been great in empty - lethal in fact
So, serious question, was it the o-line not holding up or the receivers not getting open out of the empty backfield?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
except that the titans were loading up and playing the run well and leaving us with opportunities in the passing game - we just didnt take them for various reasons

and lamar has been great in empty - lethal in fact
He wasn’t great in empty today, he also wasn’t great in empty in our 2 losses, which was my point.

those 2 losses though, the run game worked
and we still got away from it, the run game didn’t work today, but we also we didn’t make an effort enough to even see if it would have worked.

Empty backfield wasn’t working tonight, put stress on the defense, take pressure off of Lamar, he was missing throws left and right, slow the game down for him.

So, serious question, was it the o-line not holding up or the receivers not getting open out of the empty backfield?
How about both? But I think the receivers were way worse, way more often. The online, to me felt more like it just had some bad moments, not necessarily an abysmal game.

The two Marks being shells of themselves spelled death. Maybe we could have dealt with one, but not both
It just drives me nuts that they both missed the Pitt game and Baltimore did fine without them. I know Tenn is a higher quality team, but this game wasn't even sort of close, you know.

Hurst and Roberts, penalties, playcalling. Everything went wrong.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
Lamar Jackson’s season masked the complete dearth of talent around him. If both Marks are hurt and we are playing from behind, we got two TEs who don’t catch much, Hollywood, and LJ. That equals hero ball, which is not a fundamentally sound way to win a football game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar Jackson’s season masked the complete dearth of talent around him. If both Marks are hurt and we are playing from behind, we got two TEs who don’t catch much, Hollywood, and LJ. That equals hero ball, which is not a fundamentally sound way to win a football game.

the thing is the OL was basically another weapon in the regular season - they and the TEs got beat up in the running game

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
you keep saying this - and yet you get no more correct the more times you assert it
Because no one else is talking about it and it's frickin hilarious.

Everyone is just like oh well! MVP QB, let's go to the Pro Bowl! type attitudes.

Excuse me for being extra salty at one of the CLEAR CUT BONAFIDE x factors as to why we lost this game in John Harbaugh. As someone who does not have expertise on offense or defense, the least he could do is call a damn timeout or kick a FG in a situation that desperately warrants it.

2 plays after the 2nd 4th down try of the day? 66yd Henry run and TD pass.

A clear momentum shift on a drive we desperately needed something after an icecold first half.

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
The fact that we were counting on... Seth Roberts and Miles Boykin? To save our season? Don’t get me wrong, I think Boykin could become really good, but that’s just embarrassing

Believe Dat

Practice Squad
People say that the Ravens are not built to come from behind as an indictment against Lamar, but it’s not Lamar. The guy put up over 500 yards. We just didn’t get TDs and we turned the ball over. We need to give him weapons in the passing games. Having a deadly rushing attack like we did in the regular season does not mean we can’t also have a passing “come from behind” counter punch