• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Murphy's Law and The Ravens

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't you see it though? Doesn't this Titans team remind you of another team, circa 2012?
Average during the season.
Stumbled into the playoffs.
Went on to slaughter all of the favorites in the playoffs?
Nope, they don't remind me at all of the 2012 Ravens.

The 2012 Ravens won their division pretty easily (they rested starters in week 17), and started the year 9-2. They hosted and won a home playoff game against the Colts that everybody very much expected them to win. They also won in the postseason primarily on the back of great QB and offensive line play.

The 2019 Titans started the year 2-4 and were 4-5 after 9 games. They played their best football in middle-late in the year (7-3 in their last 10, won 4 straight in Nov/Dec). Their only losses in their last 7 games were against the Saints and a game they didn't care about (vs Texans).

I can't even say the Titans beating the Patriots was a surprise, because I don't think anybody that watched either of those teams play this year were surprised by it. I had a hard time finding a way that the Titans could actually lose that game, and they came pretty close to doing it.

They've also won in the playoffs with practically no output from their QB, leaning on great defense and running the ball.

Frankly, they're polar opposites to me.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Nope, they don't remind me at all of the 2012 Ravens.

The 2012 Ravens won their division pretty easily (they rested starters in week 17), and started the year 9-2. They hosted and won a home playoff game against the Colts that everybody very much expected them to win. They also won in the postseason primarily on the back of great QB and offensive line play.

The 2019 Titans started the year 2-4 and were 4-5 after 9 games. They played their best football in middle-late in the year (7-3 in their last 10, won 4 straight in Nov/Dec). Their only losses in their last 7 games were against the Saints and a game they didn't care about (vs Texans).

I can't even say the Titans beating the Patriots was a surprise, because I don't think anybody that watched either of those teams play this year were surprised by it. I had a hard time finding a way that the Titans could actually lose that game, and they came pretty close to doing it.

They've also won in the playoffs with practically no output from their QB, leaning on great defense and running the ball.

Frankly, they're polar opposites to me.

over 2 playoff games their qb has only just got over 150 total passing yards

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why is that every crucial game we play nowadays ends up with WRs dropping passes and our OL getting dominated in the interior? We need to focus on WR, IOL, and pass-rusher in the draft. We wasted a memorable season with the same bullshit that we saw last year.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
What world do you live in that a 14-2 team is a "laughing stock", when everyone and their grandmother were praying to god that they did not have to meet us in the postseason?

When Ray Lewis was past his prime, he was still worth every penny we paid him. Why? Because of his leadership, his ability to keep everyone focused and pumped up, even when his performance on the field declined. Mark Ingram has become that leader for us. And he can still play, regardless of whether you choose to ignore his importance to our offense. We will be Big Trussing louder than ever next year; may as well get used to it.
I live in a world where the most dominant team in football, a team with more wins than any other team, a proven team that beat nearly every tough playoff caliber team in the regular season. A team that set league records for team rushing stats, and numerous other records from their MVP QB.

When that team given 2 long weeks to rest and prepare to play one of the worst teams in the AFC all things considered, and then lose the way we did? After all the smack talk and swagger we had during the regular season?

That sir, makes you a laughing stock. And its been a painful week with a lot of players mocking us, throwing that "Big Truss!!!" right in our face.

And how DARE YOU compare Mark Ingrams so called "Leadership" to Ray Lewis'. Mark Ingram had a calf strain in his prime and couldn't tough it out and was seen getting treatment on the sidelines more often than he was on the field.

Ray Lewis may have declined pushing 40 years old down the line, but make no mistake...he lead by example. After he tore his tricep off the bone and was facing a career ending injury, he returned and helped fuel a miraculous Ravens post season run.

And he didn't just run his mouth and clown around like Mark Ingram, we are talking about maybe the most legendary motivator in sports history...and he backed it up on the field.

You say he declined or whatever, but the stats don't lie bro. Ray was a tackle machine in that post season run posting double digit tackles in 3 of 4 games as an older declining MLB with a messed up arm and multiple other nagging injuries.

Ray Lewis backed up his speeches every single game, and players knew that 110%. I do appreciate the long lost swagger we got this year from guys like Ingram, Peters, L.J. and others. But when you lose. The way you do to a team like Tennessee you become an absolute laughing stock. Hense why there have been a hundred, thousand jokes about our team around social media.

The difference between Ray's legend and Mark Ingrams hype train, is that Ray backed his talk up on the field, yet Ingram couldn't do much nursing a calf strain and while our offense could get nothing going Ingram was seen getting treatment on the sideline making you wonder why they didn't just rest him for a potential championship appearance where maybe he could make a difference.

There is no getting around the fact that this team is a joke/laughing stock after being one and done for 2 straight years in winnable matchups. People used to mock Joe Flacco and those vanilla Cam Cameron offenses that had little to no talent at skill positions and obviously one of the most trash QBs in league history as the majority of people liked to tout Flacco (not my thoughts). But atleast Flacco was good enough to win games and gave us some memorable playoff pushes throughout his career.

So far the "big truss" Ravens have not been able to get a playoff push going and one more of these mediocre performances and Harbaugh will be firmly on the hot seat and we will be looking at other potential franchise changes to figure out how to get wins with all the talent we have on both sides of the ball.

Not regular season wins...we had 14 of those and they were all for naught given our first Rd bounce.

Im talking bout playoff wins, the most important wins. A loss in the AFC championship/Superbowl would have given more validation to those 14 wins and would have hurt less, but getting embarrassed by a wildcard team when you are the undisputed favorites?

Those 14 wins mean nothing other than John Harbaughs job security will be intact for atleast another year or so

Last edited:

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
This seems a little harsh, is it Ingram’s fault that Harbaugh was smokescreening his opponents game planning? We did pretty good overall in the injury department this year up until Ingram, this was really unfortunate for our offense to happen so late.
All I was saying was that for a guy who talked as much as Mark Ingram did, a guy who kind of came out of nowhere to try and become the face of our franchise...which obviously there's not much wrong with that other than him not having a lot of experience as a Raven.

He said "meet him at the bank" and the Titans did so and he made no impact nursing a calf injury. A decoy more or less when you have an electric power back in Gus Edwards on the wings.

The loss was not Ingrams I understand that, I blame horrible game planning, horrible coaching and "choke" level player execution for the loss.

But I do blame Mark Ingram for the ridiculous levels of backlash, jokes, and hate we have gotten due to all of his unnecessary"big truss" hype. Coming from a good not great RB who has missed a lot of games throughout his so-so career, and got hit by the bug at the worst possible time.

The picture of him next to Derrick Henry at the Bama game was bad enough. But to have players call you out after whooping your ass talking bout "big truss, woo woo!!!!" Right in your face, that shit hurts.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
But I do blame Mark Ingram for the ridiculous levels of backlash, jokes, and hate we have gotten due to all of his unnecessary"big truss" hype. Coming from a good not great RB who has missed a lot of games throughout his so-so career, and got hit by the bug at the worst possible time.
I'll tell Mark to get off your lawn

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I live in a world where the most dominant team in football, a team with more wins than any other team, a proven team that beat nearly every tough playoff caliber team in the regular season. A team that set league records for team rushing stats, and numerous other records from their MVP QB.

When that team given 2 long weeks to rest and prepare to play one of the worst teams in the AFC all things considered, and then lose the way we did? After all the smack talk and swagger we had during the regular season?

That sir, makes you a laughing stock. And its been a painful week with a lot of players mocking us, throwing that "Big Truss!!!" right in our face.

And how DARE YOU compare Mark Ingrams so called "Leadership" to Ray Lewis'. Mark Ingram had a calf strain in his prime and couldn't tough it out and was seen getting treatment on the sidelines more often than he was on the field.

Ray Lewis may have declined pushing 40 years old down the line, but make no mistake...he lead by example. After he tore his tricep off the bone and was facing a career ending injury, he returned and helped fuel a miraculous Ravens post season run.

And he didn't just run his mouth and clown around like Mark Ingram, we are talking about maybe the most legendary motivator in sports history...and he backed it up on the field.

You say he declined or whatever, but the stats don't lie bro. Ray was a tackle machine in that post season run posting double digit tackles in 3 of 4 games as an older declining MLB with a messed up arm and multiple other nagging injuries.

Ray Lewis backed up his speeches every single game, and players knew that 110%. I do appreciate the long lost swagger we got this year from guys like Ingram, Peters, L.J. and others. But when you lose. The way you do to a team like Tennessee you become an absolute laughing stock. Hense why there have been a hundred, thousand jokes about our team around social media.

The difference between Ray's legend and Mark Ingrams hype train, is that Ray backed his talk up on the field, yet Ingram couldn't do much nursing a calf strain and while our offense could get nothing going Ingram was seen getting treatment on the sideline making you wonder why they didn't just rest him for a potential championship appearance where maybe he could make a difference.

There is no getting around the fact that this team is a joke/laughing stock after being one and done for 2 straight years in winnable matchups. People used to mock Joe Flacco and those vanilla Cam Cameron offenses that had little to no talent at skill positions and obviously one of the most trash QBs in league history as the majority of people liked to tout Flacco (not my thoughts). But atleast Flacco was good enough to win games and gave us some memorable playoff pushes throughout his career.

So far the "big truss" Ravens have not been able to get a playoff push going and one more of these mediocre performances and Harbaugh will be firmly on the hot seat and we will be looking at other potential franchise changes to figure out how to get wins with all the talent we have on both sides of the ball.

Not regular season wins...we had 14 of those and they were all for naught given our first Rd bounce.

Im talking bout playoff wins, the most important wins. A loss in the AFC championship/Superbowl would have given more validation to those 14 wins and would have hurt less, but getting embarrassed by a wildcard team when you are the undisputed favorites?

Those 14 wins mean nothing other than John Harbaughs job security will be intact for atleast another year or so

ok boomer

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
All I was saying was that for a guy who talked as much as Mark Ingram did, a guy who kind of came out of nowhere to try and become the face of our franchise...which obviously there's not much wrong with that other than him not having a lot of experience as a Raven.

He said "meet him at the bank" and the Titans did so and he made no impact nursing a calf injury. A decoy more or less when you have an electric power back in Gus Edwards on the wings.

The loss was not Ingrams I understand that, I blame horrible game planning, horrible coaching and "choke" level player execution for the loss.

The picture of him next to Derrick Henry at the Bama game was bad enough. But to have players call you out after whooping your ass talking bout "big truss, woo woo!!!!" Right in your face, that shit hurts.
410HeoiNzEL.jpg

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

You gotta shorten your posts or give a tldr. I used to write these lengthy posts but it’s rare people read them. Just being real with you.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
It
You gotta shorten your posts or give a tldr. I used to write these lengthy posts but it’s rare people read them. Just being real with you.
Don't really care bud, doubt people would reply if I didn't get my point across so IDC if they don't read it entirely. It's my therapy after horrible Ravens losses. If other people don't care welp guess it's a circle of no fucks given. I don't mind reading long posts, I went to school for journalism before going medical field so sorry for stretching my thoughts.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It

Don't really care bud, doubt people would reply if I didn't get my point across so IDC if they don't read it entirely. It's my therapy after horrible Ravens losses. If other people don't care welp guess it's a circle of no fucks given. I don't mind reading long posts, I went to school for journalism before going medical field so sorry for stretching my thoughts.
Okay, I was just giving you some advice. No harm intended, friend.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Don't you see it though? Doesn't this Titans team remind you of another team, circa 2012?
Average during the season.
Stumbled into the playoffs.
Went on to slaughter all of the favorites in the playoffs?
IDK Fly. Broncos didn't lay down and die for us the way we did for the Titans, we had to take that game. And I'm pretty sure they get killed tomorrow.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Lol that’s bullshit. Most of the designed runs were for Lamar, and when they were down in the third quarter they weren’t running the ball but they weren’t down so damn much that they needed to pass.

the gameplan was trash. They scrapped the run game entirely almost as soon as they got behind, and when they did run it was Lamar and it was telegraphed and predictable

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lol that’s bullshit. Most of the designed runs were for Lamar, and when they were down in the third quarter they weren’t running the ball but they weren’t down so damn much that they needed to pass.

the gameplan was trash. They scrapped the run game entirely almost as soon as they got behind, and when they did run it was Lamar and it was telegraphed and predictable
I think that’s a Greg a Roman-ism honestly. I think he starts to panic and then abandons the run for some reason to force passes and rely on his QB to run. I recall the Super Bowl and other games where we played him and that’s what would happen. It’s an issue of his

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think that’s a Greg a Roman-ism honestly. I think he starts to panic and then abandons the run for some reason to force passes and rely on his QB to run. I recall the Super Bowl and other games where we played him and that’s what would happen. It’s an issue of his
not until we were down 21-6 did we go to more of a passing game. Prior to that we were still playing our game. Considering how the Titans were playing we had to consider how many times we were going to have the ball. If you have time listen to filmstudyravens.com offense vs. the titans.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Andrews and Ingram could not have gotten hurt at a worse time . It’s still upsetting we aren’t playing today
for a chance to get to the Super Bowl .