• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Murphy's Law and The Ravens

I just did not think in my wildest dreams we would play that bad at home in the playoffs. I really thought this team could stop the run and the Titans would be the team abandoning the run, Boy was I fooled.

I knew we could get embarrassed if we were off our game, any team can win on their day. I just didnt expect our boys to drop so many passes.

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
Look what happened to my boys. We stunk up the field.

My big question: What was Harbaugh doing sending Lamar Jackson up the middle on 2 4th down plays with one yard to go?

...My friend from Baltimore said terrible coaching.

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jaylon Fergusons rookie season wasn't great at all. He really needs to become a better athelete ( if thats realistic) in the offseason because all my fears about him have come to fruition.

the titans fanbase has me rooting against them big time. They are appalling.

Theyre all bad, the Chargers fans were bad too but thata the nature of rhe game. Being top seeds just makes everyone hate you.

Jaylon Fergusons rookie season wasn't great at all. He really needs to become a better athelete ( if thats realistic) in the offseason because all my fears about him have come to fruition.

Hes a bust.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really hope Lamar doesn’t become the regular season champ and playoff choke artist .

on another day, the WRS make plays.

500 yards between running and passing?

this was basically a everything that could go wrong did go wrong game. This is not like the chargers game.

Ravensfan86

Practice Squad
I agree with that assessment Sami84. We also were exposed as a team that isn’t good at playing from behind. We are a rush first smashmouth in your face offense. We get behind, we become one dimensional. We really only have one legit WR in Brown. Can’t win that way.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with that assessment Sami84. We also were exposed as a team that isn’t good at playing from behind. We are a rush first smashmouth in your face offense. We get behind, we become one dimensional. We really only have one legit WR in Brown. Can’t win that way.

Dedicate the draft and FO to the O line interior and D line pass rush.

we'll not have to panic so much then

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Going for it on 4th twice doesn’t bother me too much considering it’s what got us here in the first place.. the titans just bullied us. We need a better guard, pass rusher, maybe mlb.. we have pierce and Judon both as fa and I hate that. Upset this team got blasted like that it wasn’t even close. I’m really grossed out by what we saw today.

I don’t care how good we ever do again, the success and dominance we had this season will literally never be recreated, I can promise you we won’t touch 14-2 again. Much rather go 10-6 and win a fucking playoff game. And we threw it away.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
After sleeping on it I'm still so deflated you could mistake me for one of Tom Brady's footballs. We managed to create a genuine juggernaut and it feels like it all went wrong through an unfortunate mix of badly timed injuries, inexperience and running into one of the hottest teams in the league.

With that said, I do think our success can be sustained long-term, especially if we keep Greg Roman. And I think the worst thing we could do is throw the baby out with the bathwater (this is your regular reminder that I'm glad the fans don't run the team).

The Seahawks, Falcons and 49ers all had multiple playoff disappointments before reaching the Super Bowl, and as long as we can keep the core together there's no reason to think we won't get better at playing in the postseason.

As fans I think we've been spoiled by Joe winning playoff games in his first eight or so seasons to the point where it's easy to forget how rare it is for a team with a young core to win as frequently as we did with those teams (not to mention those teams being battle-hardened by pre-2008 disappointments).

Yanda has one more year on his contract so hopefully we can send him out with another ring next year. But I still don't see any reason to think we won't come back next year or the year after and be better for it.

I’m still in shock this morning. I had a bad feeling early in the game when we failed on 4th down and then Tannehill beat us deep for 6. We are not a good come from behind team. The last time we were held scoreless in the first quarter was against the Browns, which was the last game we lost.

Ugliness - Too many dropped passes, too many turnovers, our run D got owned by Henry, and Lamar was way to hyper. 3 weeks off is not good for him. Two of our star players (Ingram and Andrews) not at 100.

Where do we go from here? IMO we need another pass rusher. We need to fix this run D. We had trouble all year on the edges, and I’m still not sold on BWill. He gets allot of hype because of his size but I’m telling you he is soft. Those guys were getting pushed off the ball last night and that has to change. We also need help at WR. Brown had moments this year but then disappeared at times.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Tannehill barely threw the ball so I wouldnt hang this on the defense or lack of pass rush, but not being able to tackle a running back is just embarrassing for a Ravens D.
Henry is a beast and two passing TDs put them on a lead and in position to rely on him. It was a total team failure at every position on both sides of the ball at one point or another. Just poor execution all around.

The only bright spot was Brown’s route running and catches. But his diminutive stature is a big worry for me. Not sure if he’ll be able to stay healthy enough to be what we need in a WR.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Henry is a beast and two passing TDs put them on a lead and in position to rely on him. It was a total team failure at every position on both sides of the ball at one point or another. Just poor execution all around.

The only bright spot was Brown’s route running and catches. But his diminutive stature is a big worry for me. Not sure if he’ll be able to stay healthy enough to be what we need in a WR.

Boykin has one issue. He's too soft. That's a big issue and it's a shame because he has good hands .

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

I agree about Brown. The guy is speedy and has good hands but it seems like almost every hit he is shaken up and has to come out.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I’m still in shock this morning. I had a bad feeling early in the game when we failed on 4th down and then Tannehill beat us deep for 6. We are not a good come from behind team. The last time we were held scoreless in the first quarter was against the Browns, which was the last game we lost.

Ugliness - Too many dropped passes, too many turnovers, our run D got owned by Henry, and Lamar was way to hyper. 3 weeks off is not good for him. Two of our star players (Ingram and Andrews) not at 100.

Where do we go from here? IMO we need another pass rusher. We need to fix this run D. We had trouble all year on the edges, and I’m still not sold on BWill. He gets allot of hype because of his size but I’m telling you he is soft. Those guys were getting pushed off the ball last night and that has to change. We also need help at WR. Brown had moments this year but then disappeared at times.
That was the point I went into panic mode. I had a sinking feeling after that happened.