• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Murphy's Law and The Ravens

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I know I did not hardly sleep a wink. I dosed off twice for about an hour, but that was it. I don’t feel much better today. Those may be some good games later, so I will have to see if my mood improves, but right now I am not ready to watch any football.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I just did not think in my wildest dreams we would play that bad at home in the playoffs. I really thought this team could stop the run and the Titans would be the team abandoning the run, Boy was I fooled.
Them going up by 2 TDS early really flipped the script and we just couldn’t flip it back. I hate to say it but many talking heads said we haven’t had to play from behind at all at that surely helped to cause the overall continuous collapse. They just weren’t playing loose, looked tight and afraid to lose.

As bad as we played you gotta hand it to the Titans to be able to put us in that position. Sure the first pick started the ball rolling, but the throw and catch on that first TD were pretty spectacular. Then the brilliant play call to smoke Marlon and go up by 14 was top notch.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
for me the complete gamebreaker was henrys run after we gave them possession after going for it on 4th and 1. Judon had him and it would have been 4th down.

That was where it was game over for me

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really hope Lamar doesn’t become the regular season champ and playoff choke artist .

on another day, the WRS make plays.

500 yards between running and passing?

this was basically a everything that could go wrong did go wrong game. This is not like the chargers game.
Call me blind, but I can’t put this loss on Jackson. Sure, he had some bad throws here and there but he was mostly solid and played spectacular at times. His receivers dropped balls, his OL let him down at times (interior at LG & C from initial impression & guess), and the defense just couldn’t get off the field.

It all boils down to what we knew were our problems this year: no pass rushing edge defender, lack of receiving weapons outside Brown, and weakness at the interior OL spot. I’ve been banging the table for a WR, Edge, IOL and I’ll continue to bang for these guys. I’m good with a RB as well but I think it’ll be hard. I’d even go ILB. Just take the best player regardless of position

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
Call me blind, but I can’t put this loss on Jackson. Sure, he had some bad throws here and there but he was mostly solid and played spectacular at times. His receivers dropped balls, his OL let him down at times (interior at LG & C from initial impression & guess), and the defense just couldn’t get off the field.

It all boils down to what we knew were our problems this year: no pass rushing edge defender, lack of receiving weapons outside Brown, and weakness at the interior OL spot. I’ve been banging the table for a WR, Edge, IOL and I’ll continue to bang for these guys. I’m good with a RB as well but I think it’ll be hard. I’d even go ILB. Just take the best player regardless of position

Mistakes. Turnovers by our team and being outplayed and failure on 2 4th and ones where momentum could have been affected had we succeeded. ...Damn.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Man I feel depressed as fuck. It’s clear I take football way too seriously, I feel empty. Losing a football game shouldn’t make a person feel like they have nothing... anyone have any advice on maybe rooting for your team like a normal person?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Man I feel depressed as fuck. It’s clear I take football way too seriously, I feel empty. Losing a football game shouldn’t make a person feel like they have nothing... anyone have any advice on maybe rooting for your team like a normal person?
If you find the answer, could you please let me know.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I feel the same, just really empty and kinda sad about knowing that this won't be our year even though this may have been our best shot at being a generation-defining team (which makes it all even worse).

But with that said though, I stopped feeling anything at all during Joe's last years. Close win, big win, tough loss, none of it moved the dial for me. Now that Lamar's our guy I actually feel things again, and I remember talking about this with @Simba back when he was drafted (Lamar, not Simba lol). The losses feeling like a massive dick punch comes with the territory of being excited about close wins and blissful about the blowouts, and I haven't felt that way about the Ravens for years.

All things considered I prefer the emotional roller coaster to the emotional vacuum I've had for a while. It makes me feel more alive - and my Premier League team is Newcastle who are back to being mid-tier every year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I feel the same, just really empty and kinda sad about knowing that this won't be our year even though this may have been our best shot at being a generation-defining team (which makes it all even worse).

But with that said though, I stopped feeling anything at all during Joe's last years. Close win, big win, tough loss, none of it moved the dial for me. Now that Lamar's our guy I actually feel things again, and I remember talking about this with @Simba back when he was drafted (Lamar, not Simba lol). The losses feeling like a massive dick punch comes with the territory of being excited about close wins and blissful about the blowouts, and I haven't felt that way about the Ravens for years.

All things considered I prefer the emotional roller coaster to the emotional vacuum I've had for a while. It makes me feel more alive - and my Premier League team is Newcastle who are back to being mid-tier every year.
It’s more than just a fanatical thing for me, like my mental health is genuinely pretty poor and this loss is beginning to feel unhealthy lol.

Tank

Hall of Famer
At the end of the day it’s just a game. Life goes on you have a family that cares for you and depends on you. That’s the real deal.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

Good. Be mad Marlon. Don't be delusional

Marlon is right . We choked , didn’t come to play and never showed the passion we saw during the regular season .
I will say this team , while it did overachieve, is the biggest disappointment in Ravens history . At least in the Cundiff loss we played hard and with passion.
Who would have thought Dean Pees would out coach us ? Hell the whole coaching staff got embarrassed.
If we had played hard and lost I would have been disappointed but not angry . I’m damn angry .

We were the 6th best team against the pass and 3rd best for points allowed so I cant hang this loss on edge rushers, and considering Tennehill had 14 attempts another pass rusher wouldnt have done anything, put Ngakoue in our lineup and Henry probably rushes for 250. Now if youre saying we needed to set the edge then I agree with you and we need to move on from Judon, Ferg and Ward because they all got blown up last night.

Agree 100% about IOL and WR

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
We were the 6th best team against the pass and 3rd best for points allowed so I cant hang this loss on edge rushers, and considering Tennehill had 14 attempts another pass rusher wouldnt have done anything, put Ngakoue in our lineup and Henry probably rushes for 250. Now if youre saying we needed to set the edge then I agree with you and we need to move on from Judon, Ferg and Ward because they all got blown up last night.

Agree 100% about IOL and WR
Yeah, that’s what I meant. We need a more complete edge defender who is consistent and shows up in big games.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Man we have suffered a lot of devastating losses and having the knowledge of how hard the road to become the champ is can be enlightening. My best philosophy is to bandwagon and right now I'm a Packers fan whooooo!!!...…. but seriously tho you are acting normal as a serious fan. Right now I wont be able to watch the AFC game today cuz I don't give a shit. When it gets down to where the only teams that remain are teams I cant seriously stand it gets hard to watch cuz I have no rooting interest. I may have been interested in the Titans but their trolling fans have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Im really hoping for a Chiefs/Pack SB. Mahomes/Rodgers.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
What a shame the best rushing team in NFL history got thoroughly embarrassed last night .

I doubt I’ll watch football today . Can’t take it , not after yesterday’s debacle .

Inqui

Pro Bowler
It’s more than just a fanatical thing for me, like my mental health is genuinely pretty poor and this loss is beginning to feel unhealthy lol.
If your mental health is genuinely poor I'd recommend seeing someone (mental health issues tend to involve chemicals produced by the brain so getting a pro involved is like going to a doctor over blood pressure stuff).

But outside that, if we're going to get philosophical, it comes back to how life is suffering and then you die (real optimistic lol). But your experiences and how you feel are absolutely real and those things create their own meaning. Getting emotionally invested in a team (for the highs and lows) is just as much a part of the meaning of life as enjoying a sunset or feeling emotional over a movie.

I'm still genuinely bummed about last night. Life goes on and I'll get over it all in time, but it still sucks now dammit. But also, how much better did it feel to win the Lombardi in 2012 after the way we lost in 2011? If we win it all next year (or the year after or whatever) I know many of us will be on the kind of high bandwagoners could never dream of.

So yeah, feeling depressed and empty and stuff is no worse than watching a movie that sticks with you. But if you're in doubt about your mental health it's definitely worth getting that looked at as well.