• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Not at all. Loads of potential here though. A healthy Watkins can also be trusted provided he’s healthy. Plus all the young guns who hopefully develop well.

I just don’t trust Hollywood in a contested catch situation whatsoever. Against the Patriots he was given a chance in a similar situation and he blew it, getting out muscled for the ball and it resulted in an INT.
AZ game, in 2019, he came down with a contested catch to basically end the game. He wouldn't be my first choice though.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agreed. I still don’t trust Andrews too well in the playoffs though
He definitely hasn't had his best games in the playoffs, but he probably shouldn't have even been playing in the 2019 playoffs vs the Titans.
He was still injured and he could barely jump and it showed on the 1st quarter interception that bounced off his hands.

That being said, Hollywood has shown to be quite clutch in the playoffs, but I agree with everyone else that he isn't your contested catch choice. The question was who we trust right now and that imo is Andrews. That could change and become Bateman and Wallace, but it's too soon to come to that conclusion.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
AZ game, in 2019, he came down with a contested catch to basically end the game. He wouldn't be my first choice though.

I mean against the Titans in 19 he had a hell of a catch at the end of the 1st half. Sad we didn’t use that to get a TD and shift momentum around

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I mean against the Titans in 19 he had a hell of a catch at the end of the 1st half. Sad we didn’t use that to get a TD and shift momentum around
I remember the playoff weekend in 2019. I was watching the Patriot game and was hoping that they won the game so we could play that Patriots again. The Titans were just as hot if not hotter than we were and weren't a good matchup for us do to our run defense being pathetic that year. If the Patriots won that game, things could have been very different that postseason.

If If If

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember the playoff weekend in 2019. I was watching the Patriot game and was hoping that they won the game so we could play that Patriots again. The Titans were just as hot if not hotter than we were and weren't a good matchup for us do to our run defense being pathetic that year. If the Patriots won that game, things could have been very different that postseason.

If If If

Nah idk, I believe we would’ve ran into a buzzsaw against the Chiefs. We would’ve beat the Titans if we weren’t full of ourselves going into it

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Nah idk, I believe we would’ve ran into a buzzsaw against the Chiefs. We would’ve beat the Titans if we weren’t full of ourselves going into it
probably, but the Chiefs haven't played well in any of their postseason games, including the SB win.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
probably, but the Chiefs haven't played well in any of their postseason games, including the SB win.

I wouldn’t say “any”... they beat the Bills by 2 TDs and came back down 24-0 in a half a quarter and had the lead before the second half against the Texans... yes the Texans are pathetic but that’s tough to do against ANY team. If you want to call them slow starters, sure. But it’s not like they’re completely getting demolished the entire game, the Bucs Super Bowl being the exception

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I know it sounds hilarious, but this would be something Boykin would do. Make a contested catch on 4th and 10 and the eventual game winner and this thread would implode into oblivion.
Jacoby was public enemy #1 in Baltimore immediately before the mile high miracle happened. Always tends to be the one you least expect making those super clutch plays

Happy Memorial Day from the US, ya c u nt

Lol I’ve created a monster. There was a tourism marketing campaign that you would have liked for the Northern Territory.

00FECF28-E6F1-4118-B0A9-295F6931C6D0.jpeg