• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Isn't the FB role going to be filled by Ben Mason? We drafted for him a reason, you don't draft a FB now a days unless you have a plan and role defined for him.
Mason is likely going to be used as an extra blocker in a few ways, sometimes as a fb and sometimes as a TE. Ricard is still the actual starter though.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mason has been listed as a TE a lot so he could be here to fill that TE3 role - especially while Pat's still on the roster.
Yeah he'll likely be the 3rd TE potentially and act primarily as a run blocker in a lot of roles.

Interesting to note that Ricard is a FA after 2021, though...

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thanks for the feedback all! In regards to McClain/Gus… I shouldn’t have brought up that comparison. Gus is just a big back who could be used as an FB-lite on some downs to keep defenses guessing on who’s getting the ball. Hence the mention of the splitback formation and not a standard I-form/etc

My little guy finally grew into his gear!

I've pitched Jackson as a name for both my boys but my wife's not having it.

Attachments

• IMG20210607190607.jpg
    IMG20210607190607.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG20210607190637.jpg
    IMG20210607190637.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 151

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
My little guy finally grew into his gear!

I've pitched Jackson as a name for both my boys but my wife's not having it.

Man that little guy is a Raven!!!!

Also, Jackson is a damn good name no matter what. It’s quality. People can shorten it to Jax which also counts as a famous PS2 game as well. Better than Benjamin or Richard/William for obvious reasons…… or even Raven for girls names would be great

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Gus Edwards is what we wanted Bernard pierce to be, like I’m watching his highlights and he runs so much like he did in that very short stretch where he was playing REALLY well, better between the tackles but overall their running styles are very similar and both are RB2 but could carry the load in a pinch. Love this tandem and glad we kept it together.

dont look explosive but really smooth and decisive through the hole and sneaky build up speed into L2 and L3
i can definitely see the similarities

pierce was such an underrated change of pace back during that superbowl run - it's interesting that we've built a RB pairing not dissimilar to that super bowl one with Gus and JK

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
dont look explosive but really smooth and decisive through the hole and sneaky build up speed into L2 and L3
i can definitely see the similarities

pierce was such an underrated change of pace back during that superbowl run - it's interesting that we've built a RB pairing not dissimilar to that super bowl one with Gus and JK

We have built a tougher one. JK doesn’t go down at contact or at someone holding on to his shoelace… and Gus is much stronger than Pierce ever dreamed to be

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

“Muscle type issues…” first off Hollywood does his own stuff and does a great job getting in shape. Bateman has zero excuse for missing, especially after going out early two weeks ago because of “muscle issues”

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We have built a tougher one. JK doesn’t go down at contact or at someone holding on to his shoelace… and Gus is much stronger than Pierce ever dreamed to be
JK is also way faster than ray rice. Ray got caught from behind a lot, dobbins just doesn’t seem to and his speed has him hitting lanes on the edge that you didn’t think he’d be able to, lanes that ray rice couldn’t routinely reach. Ray was ten times the receiver dobbins looks to be so far though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
JK is also way faster than ray rice. Ray got caught from behind a lot, dobbins just doesn’t seem to and his speed has him hitting lanes on the edge that you didn’t think he’d be able to, lanes that ray rice couldn’t routinely reach. Ray was ten times the receiver dobbins looks to be so far though

And Flacco was 10 times the better passer than Lamar at outside and outlet passes too… so all equals out there

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Guys are getting in football shape and the past few days have been terrible conditions. I had practice last night and worked all day out in this humidity and I’ve had probably a gallon of water and 3 electrolyte drinks and I’m currently on the verge of cramps in my arm. Shit ain’t no joke.

They better get used to it when it comes season time

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
They better get used to it when it comes season time
That’s what all this is for, getting from off-season/rehab shape to football shape, by ramping up gradually to avoid injuries. When you practice through muscle soreness, first obviously you’re gonna injure that muscle worse, but second you overcompensate elsewhere to protect it and that’s when those serious injuries occur.