• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I really wanna know who came up with that nickname. Like how do you get "Dick" from that? Some asshole back in the prehistoric days was named Richard and was being a complete dick and fucked it up for all of us.
Growing up we had a friend of the family named Richard bender

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've got a customer named Harry Sach for what its worth, lol. Dont think his parents thought that one through either.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
“Muscle type issues…” first off Hollywood does his own stuff and does a great job getting in shape. Bateman has zero excuse for missing, especially after going out early two weeks ago because of “muscle issues”

dude - its hot and its camp - and he's spent the last few months becoming a track athlete before transitioning back into a WR - literally no issues at all - he's not a guy who needs to be out there everyday unlike some WRs we've drafted in the past and id rather they be cautious than risk an actual injury

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And Flacco was 10 times the better passer than Lamar at outside and outlet passes too… so all equals out there

ironically, lamar's a much more aggressive passer on 3rd down that joe was - routinely joe took the checkdown or the dump off short of the sticks and lived to fight another day

lamar's often holding onto the ball longer to allow for that receiver to come open at the sticks

but id love to see us start designing early down passes to RBs in the passing game - designed checkdowns/dump-offs or even some screens

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s what all this is for, getting from off-season/rehab shape to football shape, by ramping up gradually to avoid injuries. When you practice through muscle soreness, first obviously you’re gonna injure that muscle worse, but second you overcompensate elsewhere to protect it and that’s when those serious injuries occur.

and not to mention that none of these guys need to do the conditioning test until the start of training camp - before which they'll have had a month off anyway...

and if the coaches thought they werent in enough football shape to be practicing then they wouldnt be practicing just like michael pierce 2 or 3 years ago

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
ironically, lamar's a much more aggressive passer on 3rd down that joe was - routinely joe took the checkdown or the dump off short of the sticks and lived to fight another day

lamar's often holding onto the ball longer to allow for that receiver to come open at the sticks

but id love to see us start designing early down passes to RBs in the passing game - designed checkdowns/dump-offs or even some screens
A screen pass? What the F is that? I thought they banned it?

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Fitz look like he genuinely loves that cicada being there lmfao

He won't be so happy when they burst out of his feet after sucking the blood-sap out of his capillaries for 17 years. My kids won't leave the house. Can u tell?! lol.

Dad, do they bite. No, they burrow! hahahaha Burrow where?! WHEREVER THEY LAND!!! hahahaha

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well Dick Van Dykes real name was Penis Von
Fitzmagic letting a Cicada just sit on his beard....

you just joined a team that is just like cicadas. The Washington Football Team play well once every 17 years, then go into hibernation.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
So hoping the Ravens get rid of their man crush for McSorely and keep Huntley

McSorely is a solid back up. He played well vs Pitt and Cleveland. Made some big time throws to keep our playoff hopes alive vs Cleveland. Still think we win that game vs Pitt if we had started him over RG3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
McSorely is a solid back up. He played well vs Pitt and Cleveland. Made some big time throws to keep our playoff hopes alive vs Cleveland. Still think we win that game vs Pitt if we had started him over RG3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntley is better. McSorely is sorely limited by the weak arm