• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just a completely drunk guy putting out random thoughts 2021 out there… Andrews is built up by Lamar… Andrews is not what he is without him. Lamar for all his faults is an elite in the numbers passer and opens up lanes in the middle for Andrews with his (Lamar’s) running ability… I don’t think Andrews is but 70% of what he is on another team. His targets would definitely go down if Lamar ever got an elite WR and he started passing better to his outside.
Who knew being completely drunk can transform some into analytic savants?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Andrews would likely not be his full self with any other qb, because he and Lamar are on some telepathic shit, but andrews was on some telepathic shit with baker too.

one would think that Andrews is just an elite route runner who is smarter than most of the guys trying to cover him. He is one of the sneakiest TEs when it comes to uncovering.
He always reminded me a little of Jason Witten coming out with his route running.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Just a completely drunk guy putting out random thoughts 2021 out there… Andrews is built up by Lamar… Andrews is not what he is without him. Lamar for all his faults is an elite in the numbers passer and opens up lanes in the middle for Andrews with his (Lamar’s) running ability… I don’t think Andrews is but 70% of what he is on another team. His targets would definitely go down if Lamar ever got an elite WR and he started passing better to his outside.

You drunk drunk

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good thing preseason doesn’t really matter, isn’t it? I have no concerns with Oweh. He will be fine. Anyone expecting him to be a star in his rookie season, heck even in a preseason, is setting themselves up for disappointment

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Good thing preseason doesn’t really matter, isn’t it? I have no concerns with Oweh. He will be fine. Anyone expecting him to be a star in his rookie season, heck even in a preseason, is setting themselves up for disappointment
Yea but if he wouldve done great people wouldve saying he gonna be a stud.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea but if he wouldve done great people wouldve saying he gonna be a stud.

I mean if he was gonna be ready day 1, don’t ya think we never would’ve been able to get him in the 1st place? I’m willing to bet he would’ve been a top 5 pick easy if he was a finished product

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I mean if he was gonna be ready day 1, don’t ya think we never would’ve been able to get him in the 1st place? I’m willing to bet he would’ve been a top 5 pick easy if he was a finished product
Its not really about being a finished product to me, because nobody is ever really a finished product. Mans showed no flashes in preseason and had 0 sacks last year.. he gonna have to prove to me that he can ball before i give him props. With 0 sacks i cant even be optimistic about your pass rushing ability..

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Its not really about being a finished product to me, because nobody is ever really a finished product. Mans showed no flashes in preseason and had 0 sacks last year.. he gonna have to prove to me that he can ball before i give him props. With 0 sacks i cant even be optimistic about your pass rushing ability..

I just feel a lot of people here are on the verge of giving up on a guy and calling him a bust after three preseason games :D:D:D

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I just feel a lot of people here are on the verge of giving up on a guy and calling him a bust after three preseason games :D:D:D
If 3 preseason games were a good evaluation of a player, than Ja'Marr Chase is a complete bust.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
If 3 preseason games were a good evaluation of a player, than Ja'Marr Chase is a complete bust.

Exactly. Not all players do, but there are many who get better over the course of the rookie season, and a shit ton get better in their 2nd/3rd seasons if a team doesn’t give up on said player

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hope we can turn him into something but him and that shaun wade pick, i didnt like at all. I hope worst case is that he becomes a great run stopper and great tackler.. a little clowney like is fine by me
What I dont understand is I read this article but the Ravens coaches were praising Oweh during camp, not necessarily during the preseason games though.
I have no idea what we will see from him against the Raiders.