• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was on my knees at the bar crying when we won in 2012. I'll do it again, pinky promise.
this board will crash when it happens. Count on it. Of course it will be up and running soon after for the best Forum Mock ever @Truth

I even think @lost would come back for a visit if this happened.

His first words would be to fire Roman

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
NFL may reevaluate the taunting rule in the offseason, via the competition committee, per Ron Rivera on the Rich Eisen show.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
9024B44F-3A0D-4B96-A9DB-2513DA50F904.jpeg

the peoples quarterback!

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
NFL may reevaluate the taunting rule in the offseason, via the competition committee, per Ron Rivera on the Rich Eisen show.
I think its really funny that the league doubles down on every fine. They are so stubborn even when they are proven wrong, they say it is taunting.

Clyde got fined for taunting a cowboys player, but cam piece of shit Hayward didnt get fined for clearly punching herbert.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You say this but when I watch him which is basically every snap he’s on the field, he’s constantly bringing the half-spy half-delayed-rush bullshit that winks had him doing

i mean he wasnt asked to do that stuff much against the bears

i saw a couple of really nice rushes - but i also saw a few where he seemed a little bit without a plan - and also some where it was play-action or he got chipped (or both)

he's still got more pressures than basically every other rookie except barmore (and parsons is doing it at a much higher rate just lower volume rush snaps)

EDIT: so i take back the stuff about him hitting the wall - his pressures have decreased but i think that there are some legit reasons that im noticing in some of the stats - only 5 EDGE guys in the league have been doubled more...

redrum52

Hall of Famer
i mean he wasnt asked to do that stuff much against the bears

i saw a couple of really nice rushes - but i also saw a few where he seemed a little bit without a plan - and also some where it was play-action or he got chipped (or both)

he's still got more pressures than basically every other rookie except barmore (and parsons is doing it at a much higher rate just lower volume rush snaps)

EDIT: so i take back the stuff about him hitting the wall - his pressures have decreased but i think that there are some legit reasons that im noticing in some of the stats - only 5 EDGE guys in the league have been doubled more...

Damn... imagine the terror he causes for his next team when we don't re-sign him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is interesting. Probably mentioned before. We were grooming Mike McDonald to be the next DC after wink supposedly. He gave him to his brother tho.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...o-be-ravens-dc-before-michigan-hired-him/amp/

wasn’t really a secret that McDonald was next and if wink had been hired away then I think he’d 100% currently be our DC

we’ve had no confirmations of this but pretty sure Chris Hewitt’s now the next in line albeit it’s harder to say for sure now that we’ve brought in 2 guys in Ryan and weaver who’ve been DCs before

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Observing the Bengals and Browns offseason moves on defense, it was clear that slowing down Lamar was priorities number 1, 2, 3, AND 4. It doesn't help that our team has had a number of injuries, but both of them have done a nice job so far.

For us, it's going to come down to hoping (sighs) that Dobbins and Gus come back and return to their normal selves. Also, let's make this OL a top 5 line in the league, but I think that might take more than one offseason. I guess I'm looking at this division big picture for the next few years, but that's just me.