• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Partly because of who he is. I didn't see Amari Cooper get dragged, even though we just learned that he's not vaccinated.
He gets dragged a little by the media, but that's just because sports media tends to lean extremely liberal.
But by all accounts, everybody knew Cooper wasn't vaccinated, he followed protocols for an unvaccinated person, and he didn't try to commit fraud in the process.
So yes, it's not that big of a deal.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Vaccinated, unvaccinated… who gives a damn. Move on and realize life is way too short to fill it up with these conversations for the rest of our lives

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Vaccinated, unvaccinated… who gives a damn. Move on and realize life is way too short to fill it up with these conversations for the rest of our lives
Well most of these conversations are sparked because Lamar being unvaccinated can impact whether or not one of my biggest forms of entertainment (watching football) is impacted heavily or not. Again, it circles back to "do your choices impact my life".

I obviously can't control what they do, but I think everybody in here would agree that Monday's tend to be just a little bit better after your team wins. And when your team loses, at least mainly, because crucial players are on the sidelines for being unvaccinated, it's certainly worth at least talking about in my eyes.

Lamar hasn't done this to us, but more in the line of like what Packers fans may think about Rodgers, etc.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yea he fucked up but hey shit happens.. he did it for his own reasons in which we dnt know

but there isnt a good reason to do this
like not one good reason

it cost more money
it's a shittier thing to do
it's worse for public health
it's worse for his health
it's worse for his employer (which i normally wouldnt care about but im just adding it onto the end of the list)
and has now broken the trust he had with the bucs (who i think thought they were 100% vaccinated before this)

the only reason he can have is 'im a selfish prick and i dont feel like doing it' which is not a good reason

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Well most of these conversations are sparked because Lamar being unvaccinated can impact whether or not one of my biggest forms of entertainment (watching football) is impacted heavily or not. Again, it circles back to "do your choices impact my life".

I obviously can't control what they do, but I think everybody in here would agree that Monday's tend to be just a little bit better after your team wins. And when your team loses, at least mainly, because crucial players are on the sidelines for being unvaccinated, it's certainly worth at least talking about in my eyes.

Lamar hasn't done this to us, but more in the line of like what Packers fans may think about Rodgers, etc.
If lamar had to sit out for rest of year because he didnt wanna get vaccinated, he would be the greatest to walk to this earth, same for arod.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I respect Ray Rice 10x more than I respect AB. I could make that case from this instance alone.

AB didn't just knock the woman out. He knocked her out and then buried her in the back yard and pretended like nothing happened. And then he wasn't smart enough to pay off the person who watched him do it.
wait brown did that forreal? but i dnt fuck with ray rice. Mans would be dead if that lady was related to me

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
This is just straight up trolling xD
it has nothing to do with the shot or not, its more about them standing up for themselves and not letting media or whoever force them to do something they dont wanna.. like when cam had to apologize because the “ media” misinterpreted his words about that lady and the sports thing.. i wish cam never apologized!!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
it has nothing to do with the shot or not, its more about them standing up for themselves and not letting media or whoever force them to do something they dont wanna.. like when cam had to apologize because the “ media” misinterpreted his words about that lady and the sports thing.. i wish cam never apologized!!
Only about 1% of the population would think he would be "the greatest on Earth". More likely is he would get destroyed by the liberal media (which would be ironic, considering they're the "pro Black people" party), and he would probably be cast off by the NFL and then nobody would care about him anymore, because he'd have to get a real job and live like regular people (which by the way would be hard to do, since most large employers in this Country are going to very soon have vaccine mandates, if they don't already).

The guy isn't going to be a martyr because he publicly refused to get vaccinated and quit his job over it. Thousands and thousands of people have already done that, and nobody cares about them.

And for what its worth... the people deciding to do that aren't in the class of Lamar. They're not risking millions of dollars to avoid a vaccine. It's honestly not that difficult for a guy making $50K to quit his job over his "principles", because either he'll find another job at an employer who doesn't care, or he'll mooch off government welfare and not be that much worse off. It's an entirely different animal all together for a guy making a couple million a year (especially a young guy like Lamar) to just say "I'm out" and give up all that money (especially the future earnings he's got coming).

Why do you think the idiots over at Fox News get criticized so much? They spew anti-vaccine stuff online, and then the world finds out that most of them are, of course, vaccinated, because their employer makes them get vaccinated and they ain't willing to give up the cash for their "principles".

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If lamar had to sit out for rest of year because he didnt wanna get vaccinated, he would be the greatest to walk to this earth, same for arod.
Rodgers is also a whole different can of worms than Lamar. Rodgers is probably less than five years from retirement, anyway. They're 10-15 years apart in age. Rodgers has generational wealth. He's made $260M+ just from the NFL, not including him whoring himself out for many endorsements. His great grandkids would never have to work again.

Lamar isn't close to that.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Only about 1% of the population would think he would be "the greatest on Earth". More likely is he would get destroyed by the liberal media (which would be ironic, considering they're the "pro Black people" party), and he would probably be cast off by the NFL and then nobody would care about him anymore, because he'd have to get a real job and live like regular people (which by the way would be hard to do, since most large employers in this Country are going to very soon have vaccine mandates, if they don't already).

The guy isn't going to be a martyr because he publicly refused to get vaccinated and quit his job over it. Thousands and thousands of people have already done that, and nobody cares about them.

And for what its worth... the people deciding to do that aren't in the class of Lamar. They're not risking millions of dollars to avoid a vaccine. It's honestly not that difficult for a guy making $50K to quit his job over his "principles", because either he'll find another job at an employer who doesn't care, or he'll mooch off government welfare and not be that much worse off. It's an entirely different animal all together for a guy making a couple million a year (especially a young guy like Lamar) to just say "I'm out" and give up all that money (especially the future earnings he's got coming).

Why do you think the idiots over at Fox News get criticized so much? They spew anti-vaccine stuff online, and then the world finds out that most of them are, of course, vaccinated, because their employer makes them get vaccinated and they ain't willing to give up the cash for their "principles".
You think its not that difficult to quit a job over principles that pays 50k? Its much much much easier for a millionaire to find a job than someone who makes 50k. Lamar had credentials and connections that someone who makes 50k doesnt lol. Probably not on an nfl team but he def wouldnt be living a regular life

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Rodgers is also a whole different can of worms than Lamar. Rodgers is probably less than five years from retirement, anyway. They're 10-15 years apart in age. Rodgers has generational wealth. He's made $260M+ just from the NFL, not including him whoring himself out for many endorsements. His great grandkids would never have to work again.

Lamar isn't close to that.
if my great greatdad told me he fucked up 250 million cause it interfered with what he stood for…. I would consider him the greatest to ever walk the earth..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
if my great greatdad told me he fucked up 250 million cause it interfered with what he stood for…. I would consider him the greatest to ever walk the earth..

if my great grandad told me he did that i'd immediately think he was a liar
and if he told me he did it to not take a vaccine (and also didnt need to give up the money even if he didnt) id call him stupid

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
most praise Dave chappelle for this exact thing, the entire reason these athletes wouldn’t receive praise, is because it’s about covid vaccination, which to me still seems to be nothing more than “get your shot so we can all feel warm and fuzzy enough to open up and get filthy rich off of mass consumerism again”

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
most praise Dave chappelle for this exact thing, the entire reason these athletes wouldn’t receive praise, is because it’s about covid vaccination, which to me still seems to be nothing more than “get your shot so we can all feel warm and fuzzy enough to open up and get filthy rich off of mass consumerism again”

Thank you

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
You think its not that difficult to quit a job over principles that pays 50k? Its much much much easier for a millionaire to find a job than someone who makes 50k. Lamar had credentials and connections that someone who makes 50k doesnt lol. Probably not on an nfl team but he def wouldnt be living a regular life
So broadly, you're right. A person who is making $1M has a set of skills that allows him to find other employment elsewhere.
That is not even remotely true for a professional athlete, who mostly has one set of skills and basically one industry or employer who will employ him.
Credentials and connections? To what? Nobody is going to pay an ex-football player who quit in his prime on "principles" to just stand around and make public appearances. He'll have to actually be good at something. Just knowing somebody isn't going to get you in the stratosphere of that income level.
The only reason he wouldn't be living a somewhat regular life is because, if he were smart, he'd have saved some money from his rookie deal. Otherwise, he'll be living in a $300-500K house like the middle class does, and he'll be working a middle class job.
There are a gigantic number of ex-NFL players who fall into this category.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cool. You're also one person. The minority, not the majority.
Look around society today. Most people don't even have principles. You walked away from a fantasy league after a week, screwing up a lot of it for a lot of people on these boards, and you didn't have the principle to come in and tell anybody you weren't playing. And then when you got called out for it, you made a little courtesy roster move or two, and then went back on to not caring. Where does that fall into the category of "principles"?

People talk about principles. They don't walk the walk.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dave Chappelle also took the more popular stance on his topic, nationally, and he has a large platform of people who will pay him more money now, in certain parts of the country, for that stance.

They're different topics entirely.