• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, I don't wanna hear all the dumb shit from the athletes who "have their reasons". I can have a reason to kill somebody. Doesn't mean it's morally fine to do so or that its not a reflection of poor character.

He's a piece of shit. Everybody that knows him knows he's a piece of shit. The public thinks he's a piece of shit. His only real goal in life seems to be to just fuck over people.

And he can be him. When he ends up piss broke and holding "will do tricks for money" signs on South Beach in a decade, it'll all come full circle. Darwin always wins in the long run...

Haha Jeez brother tell us how you really feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, I don't wanna hear all the dumb shit from the athletes who "have their reasons". I can have a reason to kill somebody. Doesn't mean it's morally fine to do so or that its not a reflection of poor character.

He's a piece of shit. Everybody that knows him knows he's a piece of shit. The public thinks he's a piece of shit. His only real goal in life seems to be to just fuck over people.

And he can be him. When he ends up piss broke and holding "will do tricks for money" signs on South Beach in a decade, it'll all come full circle. Darwin always wins in the long run...
I’m still trying to figure out where you stand on the issue.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m still trying to figure out where you stand on the issue.
Goes without saying... I don't have much respect for the character of people who also support these clowns. People think its a vax vs unvax issue. Couldn't care less what his choice is. If he doesn't want to follow the protocols that his employer puts in place to protect his stupidity from spreading to others, he has 3 choices... a) get vaxxed b) follow the protocols c) get a job elsewhere with an employer who doesn't care (you can imagine why this might be hard for a guy like AB).
Faking a vax card like an ignorant moron because he's so narcissistic that he thinks he shouldn't have to do either is a classic trait of those that are pieces of shit. And I think people that support that decision reflect similar low moral values.

From certain people on this board, this is not even a little surprising to me either.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So why don't you just not get vaccinated then? Why commit a crime and fake a vaccination card?
There isn't any road of this that doesn't lead to him being a piece of shit human being.

The only thing that I love is how it cost him more money to fake a vaccination card (had to pay for the card and now loses about $200K in salary from the suspension) than it did to pay him the debt he owed to his personal chef, who would have kept his mouth shut if he did and allowed AB to continue to be a private piece of shit instead of a public piece of shit (though I guess he already was one).

Like that's so "on brand" for AB. He fucks up a simple cost/benefit analysis.
Yea he fucked up but hey shit happens.. he did it for his own reasons in which we dnt know

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
What's it going to do? Exacerbate the CTE he already has? This guys a mortal lock for a Chris Benoit-type episode in the next decade or two. You can bookmark this quote right now for when it happens.

These guys are terrified of a vaccine that millions of people have taken, but somehow, getting blown up in the head on a weekly basis for a decade is "a risk they're willing to take". Riiiiiiight...
yea its not really close tbh.. atleast he knows what could potentially happen to him after his career is over..

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea he fucked up but hey shit happens.. he did it for his own reasons in which we dnt know
I don't think its hard to figure out what the reason is. There's only one reason to do it, quite frankly. You get a fake vax card because you don't want to get vaccinated and you don't want to follow whatever protocols are required for those that don't get vaccinated. There's no other reason on Earth to get a fake vax card.

I would actually respect him more if he were creating and selling fake vax cards. At least he could claim he just wanted to make money, capitalism, etc.

The buyer has one and only one reason.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
yea its not really close tbh.. atleast he knows what could potentially happen to him after his career is over..
Yes, he knows he can turn into a psychopath who kills himself or others. What exactly does anybody think would happen to you after taking a vaccine that would be worse than that?

Like in anybody conspiracy theorists head of the absolute worst thing that a vaccine could do to you, what would be worse than turning into a murderous psychopath? I'm not sure there's anything worse that could happen to him than some of the things he's done in his own life already.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

He probably is a piece of shit but i dnt care about any of that lol. Even if he did kill someone i honestly wouldnt even care long as the reason was valid. We cant get mad at someone because they have their reasons of not getting vaccinated…

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I don't think its hard to figure out what the reason is. There's only one reason to do it, quite frankly. You get a fake vax card because you don't want to get vaccinated and you don't want to follow whatever protocols are required for those that don't get vaccinated. There's no other reason on Earth to get a fake vax card.

I would actually respect him more if he were creating and selling fake vax cards. At least he could claim he just wanted to make money, capitalism, etc.

The buyer has one and only one reason.
Ok that is the reason but hey he did what he did. He didnt wanna get vaccinated nor follow the rules so he went a different route. Its ab, he been in and out of the lg for past few seasons.. it is what it is, people acting like he pulled a joe mixon and knocked a lady slap out

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yes, he knows he can turn into a psychopath who kills himself or others. What exactly does anybody think would happen to you after taking a vaccine that would be worse than that?

Like in anybody conspiracy theorists head of the absolute worst thing that a vaccine could do to you, what would be worse than turning into a murderous psychopath? I'm not sure there's anything worse that could happen to him than some of the things he's done in his own life already.
Now i agree with this but i dnt think he will end up killing anyone. Could end up one crazier mf than he already is but i dnt think he kills anyone or himself.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
He probably is a piece of shit but i dnt care about any of that lol. Even if he did kill someone i honestly wouldnt even care long as the reason was valid. We cant get mad at someone because they have their reasons of not getting vaccinated…
You're still missing the point. His reasons for not getting vaccinated isn't what literally anybody cares about. They care about the fact that he lied to literally everybody about it, broke the law by fabricating verification that he did get vaccinated, and then went about his selfish business as if he did nothing wrong.

If you think its a vax vs not vax issue, you're totally whiffing on the temperature in the room. Millions of people are unvaccinated. Don't give a shit about any of them. I care about the one's that don't have the balls to own it and go around dodging safeguards to protect others.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok that is the reason but hey he did what he did. He didnt wanna get vaccinated nor follow the rules so he went a different route. Its ab, he been in and out of the lg for past few seasons.. it is what it is, people acting like he pulled a joe mixon and knocked a lady slap out
I respect Ray Rice 10x more than I respect AB. I could make that case from this instance alone.

AB didn't just knock the woman out. He knocked her out and then buried her in the back yard and pretended like nothing happened. And then he wasn't smart enough to pay off the person who watched him do it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You're still missing the point. His reasons for not getting vaccinated isn't what literally anybody cares about. They care about the fact that he lied to literally everybody about it, broke the law by fabricating verification that he did get vaccinated, and then went about his selfish business as if he did nothing wrong.

If you think its a vax vs not vax issue, you're totally whiffing on the temperature in the room. Millions of people are unvaccinated. Don't give a shit about any of them. I care about the one's that don't have the balls to own it and go around dodging safeguards to protect others.
While you are definitely correct about this, “isn’t what literally anybody cares about” is not accurate and the fact is that whether or not an unvaccinated player goes through proper protocols and is honest about it all, does not keep a large portion of the masses from wanting them banished from society anyway.

fuck I’m gonna stop here

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
While you are definitely correct about this, “isn’t what literally anybody cares about” is not accurate and the fact is that whether or not an unvaccinated player goes through proper protocols and is honest about it all, does not keep a large portion of the masses from wanting them banished from society anyway.

fuck I’m gonna stop here

I agree with this. I know lots of people who are completely against unvaccinated people, and I know lots of people who despise the vaccinated people. No matter the circumstances. No matter the health conditions.

But damn, this conversation again?

fuck I’m gonna stop here
I think it's more a very vocal portion of twitter than a large portion of the masses. Even as someone who's very pro-vaccine and wishes people would just get on and take it, I'm really uncomfortable with the public dragging of people over their personal medical decisions - no matter how much I disagree with those decisions. But AB isn't that - he's getting dragged because he also wants to circumvent the safety procedures that are in place to facilitate his personal decision.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it's more a very vocal portion of twitter than a large portion of the masses. Even as someone who's very pro-vaccine and wishes people would just get on and take it, I'm really uncomfortable with the public dragging of people over their personal medical decisions - no matter how much I disagree with those decisions. But AB isn't that - he's getting dragged because he also wants to circumvent the safety procedures that are in place to facilitate his personal decision.

AB would be dragged regardless of his honesty or dishonesty. He's just getting it worse because of his lie/deception.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

fuck I’m gonna stop here
Was in the context of this situation, i.e. the public isn't really upset at AB about being unvaccinated. I'm talking mostly the NFL community, not whatever CNN or Fox News wants to piss and moan about.

Quite frankly, I feel kind of fooled by it. If there was a single human being on this planet who is the absolute most likely to a) not be vaccinated and b) use a fake vax card to avoid protocols, AB is exactly that person. I feel like I should have known better to begin with.

The general public doesn't actually care about the actual health status of other people (for the most part). They'll care about friends and family.
They care about vaccination rates because vaccination rates drive protocols that businesses put on people. So when vaccinated people get forced to wear masks at their places of work because not enough people are getting vaccinated for employers to hedge their liabilities significantly, there's really only one person to get mad at...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
AB would be dragged regardless of his honesty or dishonesty. He's just getting it worse because of his lie/deception.
Eh, sort of. AB being unvaccinated wouldn't even register the needle for most people. He gets shit on because of his history of screw ups, which he's earned that right to be shit on.
Him being unvaccinated is just "on brand" and wouldn't get anything other than a chuckle from most people.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Agree. 99% of the population doesn't care about personal medical decisions. If the government or employers had zero protocols in place for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people, there would be zero discussion about the morality or personal nature of the decision. Like 48% of the population doesn't get a flu vaccine... practically nobody talks about that.

These decisions are criticized because of the impact they have on others. A vaccinated person has to wear a mask at a job because other people refuse to get vaccinated. When somebodies personal decisions impacts other people, it becomes personal to more than just the person making the decision.

And honestly, we as a society can get past that too. There's a solution for that also, which I would stand behind, but its also a lot more cruel and will never see the light of day, so here we are.

As long as there aren't effective treatments for COVID (which are coming, apparently) and we reduce the virus down to a "manageable" level that doesn't burden hospitals, that criticism will continue, and there's nothing that anybody will do to stop it. The people who don't like being criticized are just going to have to live with that criticism longer.