• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yay, "Twatkins" is practicing again... meaning he'll be in line to happily take much deserved snaps away from Bateman. "Twatkins" is addition by subtraction material.

Simba

Staff Member
Really curious to see what the changes are after this onslaught of Covid positives across the league. Feels like it's a fight from the NFLPA side for more testing but then you have the NFL and their doctors noting that damn near all of these have been asymptomatic positives, so are you really going to keep "healthy" individuals from playing? If anything, it's proof that the vaccine is doing its job. Just really curious how this plays out. The NFL is still thinking on the business side obviously and the players are obviously on the safety side. Wouldn't be shocked if they just move everyone to the "enhanced protocols" for the rest of the year and only those with symptoms or those that are unvaccinated are forced to sit out.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Really curious to see what the changes are after this onslaught of Covid positives across the league. Feels like it's a fight from the NFLPA side for more testing but then you have the NFL and their doctors noting that damn near all of these have been asymptomatic positives, so are you really going to keep "healthy" individuals from playing? If anything, it's proof that the vaccine is doing its job. Just really curious how this plays out. The NFL is still thinking on the business side obviously and the players are obviously on the safety side. Wouldn't be shocked if they just move everyone to the "enhanced protocols" for the rest of the year and only those with symptoms or those that are unvaccinated are forced to sit out.

my guess is the NFL ironically is going to advocate for less testing - and maybe even incentivising the booster by reducing testing to basically nothing for all players who take the booster unless you have symptoms...

alternatively they reduce the 10 day window to 5 days for asymptomatic positives - part of the issue they have with some of the outbreak stuff is that it's really unlikely guys will have 2 consecutive negative tests before the 10 days are up even once they've stopped shedding

but those are the only real alternatives i can think of beyond just going into enhanced protocols for everyone

and as you say this is probably more of a challenge of negotiating with the NFLPA than it is about will power from the NFL

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
In other news today, Urban Meyer is now officially fired from the Jags. We all knew it was inevitable

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

rossihunter2

Staff Member

update:

looks like the NFLPA are advocating for daily testing...

Simba

Staff Member

so for now at least - this is just enhanced protocols-esque stuff with some 2020 protocols on top

nothing new here except the more varied options for testing out after a positive test - more avenues to get back quicker

Good news is now that the positive guys, assuming they’re asymptomatic, could possibly be back for Sunday with the new guidance. Just can’t show any symptoms basically.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We were the 1 seed for most of the year until I believe week 11 right? And we might not even make the playoffs lol.

this shit is bonkers

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
We were the 1 seed for most of the year until I believe week 11 right? And we might not even make the playoffs lol.

this shit is bonkers
Just finally ran out of steam, also teams realizing our offense is just erased with heavy blitzing.

Tank

Hall of Famer

this shit is bonkers
Yeah besides the torturous injury plague, we all knew how tough the end of the schedule looked. We still have a good chance to win 2 more, which I think will give us a pretty good shot at making the tournament.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
not unlike the steelers last year lol - albeit they just sucked the whole time but had an easy schedule rather than being a good team that's being chipped away at by injuries etc. like us this year
They made the playoffs though, there’s an honest chance that we don’t win another game and miss out

Just finally ran out of steam, also teams realizing our offense is just erased with heavy blitzing.
yup. Fucking pain.
Yeah besides the torturous injury plague, we all knew how tough the end of the schedule looked. We still have a good chance to win 2 more, which I think will give us a pretty good shot at making the tournament.
I’m not sure we win another one. I think 2 of these games we should be beaten soundly, and the other 2 I still think we lose. I just don’t see the defense continuing at a high level with these injuries against the likes of GB, LA, and cinci, and unless there are major schematic changes and Lamar gets his head out of his ass, I don’t see our offense suddenly improving with the OL playing as it is

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think if we had just a couple more healthy players. Not asking for much, we wold win more than half the games the second half of the year and waltz into the playoffs.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
think it's just the general stress of everything (injuries, omicron etc.) probably getting to people a little bit

Yeah I hear you. Everyone, I really appreciate you all for contributing here and I wish you all the best in your lives.

On the Ravens side, we've been snake bitten big time, but we were really able to persevere and you can tell Harbs creates a good culture and a strong next man up culture.

We're not gonna go as far as we'd have liked to but we gotta lot of draft capital and FA money coming in. We'll take it in stride and come back a hell of a lot stronger next year!