• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Selling out hard tonight . Go Bucs
5eea52b8dd5bb797653d32d9392be307.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
More importantly, didn't the league say that they weren't gonna reschedule games and if an outbreak happened, a team would forfeit?
Yes, though one could argue none of these teams are actually having an outbreak at all. They've just got a bunch of asymptomatic, vaccinated people who tested positive. They're capable and willing to play, but the NFL's rules, which aren't that practical to begin with, won't allow them.

Its not even a health and safety risk.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
What is the Lamar, Ricard, and Mekari situation? If we got AV, Cleveland, Bozeman, Zeitler, and Mekari as the line with Ricard and obviously Lamar back next week, I'm predicting we take down the big bad Bengals.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yes, though one could argue none of these teams are actually having an outbreak at all. They've just got a bunch of asymptomatic, vaccinated people who tested positive. They're capable and willing to play, but the NFL's rules, which aren't that practical to begin with, won't allow them.

Its not even a health and safety risk.

for sure most of them are - worth pointing out though that there are still a non-insignificant number of players who have been getting symptoms and some struggling - cant remember who but there was one player this season who took about a month to get cleared to play again after having a covid bout

i think it's clear though that the NFL is basically getting to the point of considering covid endemic which would justify these kinds of procedures

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What is the Lamar, Ricard, and Mekari situation? If we got AV, Cleveland, Bozeman, Zeitler, and Mekari as the line with Ricard and obviously Lamar back next week, I'm predicting we take down the big bad Bengals.

mekari practiced a bit this week on a limited basis - zrebiec said something about his left hand still being in a cast and during the walkthroughs on friday he was basically a glorified spectator

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think there were times this year where Wink really showed some big flaws. However recall Harbs kind of calling him out after the Steelers game. For the most part the defense has been better given its decimated status. There have also been good game plans like against the Chiefs and Chargers.

Obviously the talent will be next year, but I think Wink will have learned a lot and will actually be a better DC going forward.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
for sure most of them are - worth pointing out though that there are still a non-insignificant number of players who have been getting symptoms and some struggling - cant remember who but there was one player this season who took about a month to get cleared to play again after having a covid bout

i think it's clear though that the NFL is basically getting to the point of considering covid endemic which would justify these kinds of procedures
Right, not designed to cover everybody. Symptomatic players shouldn't be out there. Its just by and large the bulk of the "outbreak" is for players that are vaccinated and asymptomatic.

I look at it this way... if the bulk of the players worked "real jobs", where testing is essentially self-identified, these people would be freely walking our society, doing day-to-day things, interacting with people, etc, because a vaccinated person (or even an unvaccinated person) who doesn't have symptoms literally has no reason to believe he should get tested or would have Covid.

The NFL is just finally realizing that there's no further risk to allow these players to come back quicker. Plus they're also realizing that, if they left the protocols as is, this could easily happen during the playoffs.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think there were times this year where Wink really showed some big flaws. However recall Harbs kind of calling him out after the Steelers game. For the most part the defense has been better given its decimated status. There have also been good game plans like against the Chiefs and Chargers.

Obviously the talent will be next year, but I think Wink will have learned a lot and will actually be a better DC going forward.
Outside of the issue with still periodically giving up "big plays", there hasn't been a ton to complain about the defense about for I'd say about the last 5-6 games.

The defense was great against the Dolphins, Bears and Browns, and it was pretty good against Pittsburgh. Good enough to win all four of those games easily (basically held all those opponents to 20 points or less).

They struggled in the first half against Browns #2, but really played well in the second half and kept us in the game.

They get a bit of a pass from me from yesterday for obvious reasons. Still, they were pretty good situationally in certain spots, and they didn't really give up the big play.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Outside of the issue with still periodically giving up "big plays", there hasn't been a ton to complain about the defense about for I'd say about the last 5-6 games.

The defense was great against the Dolphins, Bears and Browns, and it was pretty good against Pittsburgh. Good enough to win all four of those games easily (basically held all those opponents to 20 points or less).

They struggled in the first half against Browns #2, but really played well in the second half and kept us in the game.

They get a bit of a pass from me from yesterday for obvious reasons. Still, they were pretty good situationally in certain spots, and they didn't really give up the big play.

100% agree.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

and worth mentioning also that despite having none of the offseason starting 5 in the secondary and losing 2 more presumptive replacement starters last minute at corner as well as (most importantly) the defensive signal caller... they only had 1 big coverage bust the whole game

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
and worth mentioning also that despite having none of the offseason starting 5 in the secondary and losing 2 more presumptive replacement starters last minute at corner as well as (most importantly) the defensive signal caller... they only had 1 big coverage bust the whole game

I think Geno Stone is a quality rotation player. Really wasn't expecting that given he couldn't make the team last year, but I think he's been quite OK given the circumstances. We'll add to the room next year, but between Chuck and Stephens and Stone and whoever else we add we should have at least an average group with depth.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone care to tell me how Julio Jones is faring these days? Believe there was a group of y’all who desperately wanted him, yet I was strictly against it…

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Anyone care to tell me how Julio Jones is faring these days? Believe there was a group of y’all who desperately wanted him, yet I was strictly against it…
I wanted us to trade for him BADLY. Glad we didn’t though. I can’t even see him on the Titans next season. I’ll eat my crow!

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wanted us to trade for him BADLY. Glad we didn’t though. I can’t even see him on the Titans next season. I’ll eat my crow!

Maybe you’ll get your wish and get him on a 1 year vet contract lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Maybe you’ll get your wish and get him on a 1 year vet contract lol
I’d take him over Sammy and with Sammy’s contract, no questions asked lol