• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

The hype Huntley has in the media is absurd! I love the kid but oh my gosh analysts are really saying we have a qb comp? what idiots!

But hey, let him get a ton of hype. Maybe he plays out and does amazing and actually becomes of trade value. Maybe trade him for 5 5th round picks?
If he’s getting hype he’s playing well, and as long as Lamar can’t go I’m fine with that.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he’s getting hype he’s playing well, and as long as Lamar can’t go I’m fine with that.

God forbid one of our players gets hyped up…. Lord, I think Huntley may the first player since Lamar took over that the media has hyped up that people keep laughing at/mocking/talking said player down. Wonder why…..

God forbid one of our players gets hyped up…. Lord, I think Huntley may the first player since Lamar took over that the media has hyped up that people keep laughing at/mocking/talking said player down. Wonder why…..
I know right? It seems a bit silly to me that we have a UDFA #2 that’s been playing way better then expected and people are critiquing him like he was a #1 draft
pick. The media do what they do. They need things to talk about. If he has a bad game the media will drop him like a bad cold, and you can expect all of the “I told you so” talk to surface.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

I can't speak for others, but from my perspective, I think just as many have that Huntley has played quite well in the situations he's been in this year. And given that, he deserves a lot of praise. If he isn't clutch as fuck at the end of the bears game we are already likely out of the playoffs.

However, when the media goes as far to say we have a QB competition, it comes off as stirring the pot and just another attempt to throw shade at Lamar. There's no comparison between the two at this point in their careers. Huntley can continue to improve for sure, but unfortunately needs tons of game experience and practice for that just as any QB does. I'm not sure he gets that until after his contract with us is up.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Merry Christmas flock! All I want for Christmas IS A HEALTHY GODDAMN ROSTER AND QUALITY ROUTE CONCEPTS AND SITUATIONAL PLAYCALLING! MAYBE NEXT YEAR!
Merry Christmas Bro! All the best to you and your family.
Hoping you get at least a piece of that Christmas present today!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The hype Huntley has in the media is absurd! I love the kid but oh my gosh analysts are really saying we have a qb comp? what idiots!

But hey, let him get a ton of hype. Maybe he plays out and does amazing and actually becomes of trade value. Maybe trade him for 5 5th round picks?

Under the circumstances that he has been placed in Huntley has played as well as could be expected from a backup. I'm cool with the hype he's receiving.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I can't speak for others, but from my perspective, I think just as many have that Huntley has played quite well in the situations he's been in this year. And given that, he deserves a lot of praise. If he isn't clutch as fuck at the end of the bears game we are already likely out of the playoffs.

However, when the media goes as far to say we have a QB competition, it comes off as stirring the pot and just another attempt to throw shade at Lamar. There's no comparison between the two at this point in their careers. Huntley can continue to improve for sure, but unfortunately needs tons of game experience and practice for that just as any QB does. I'm not sure he gets that until after his contract with us is up.
Not sure who said that we have a QB competition but they are obviously clueless. The media loves to stir the pot and create noise.

Simba

Staff Member

It's the inequity that gets me when it comes to all of this. Lamar missed a couple of the games and the backup plays decently, and suddenly we have to start thinking about whether it's smarter to move on from him according to them. But they'd never say the same thing about Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Kyler Murray, hell even Baker Mayfield. I know Lamar isn't the traditional QB that's gonna throw for 4000 yards every season but it just amazes me how much more he gets scrutinized than everyone else. I guess I'll just never understand this need for vindication from their evaluations instead of just enjoying him for what he is.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know right? It seems a bit silly to me that we have a UDFA #2 that’s been playing way better then expected and people are critiquing him like he was a #1 draft
pick. The media do what they do. They need things to talk about. If he has a bad game the media will drop him like a bad cold, and you can expect all of the “I told you so” talk to surface.

This is my biggest issue , people are going through his play with a microscope after two starts and acting like he was a high pick. They didn’t even scrutinize Lamar this much after two games… we were just happy to have some decent offensive play

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's the inequity that gets me when it comes to all of this. Lamar missed a couple of the games and the backup plays decently, and suddenly we have to start thinking about whether it's smarter to move on from him according to them. But they'd never say the same thing about Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Kyler Murray, hell even Baker Mayfield. I know Lamar isn't the traditional QB that's gonna throw for 4000 yards every season but it just amazes me how much more he gets scrutinized than everyone else. I guess I'll just never understand this need for vindication from their evaluations instead of just enjoying him for what he is.

That's foolishness. Lamar has never fit the "powers that be" narrative of what a QB is. To them, it is only being a "pocket-passer" but the game and the QB position are evolving. I'm glad that it is.

If you think it’s bad now just wait until he signs that $40 mil / year contract. Lol.

This is my biggest issue , people are going through his play with a microscope after two starts and acting like he was a high pick. They didn’t even scrutinize Lamar this much after two games… we were just happy to have some decent offensive play

To some Lamar and Huntley are mutually exclusive. If one is good the other has to be bad. It’s crazy.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I only know the current division setups. I know the history of what the divisions looked like before Houston came in but by the time I started watching Football it was 2003 ish. It's funny to me thinking Atlanta used to be in the West division despite being on the East Coast.

I think Miami & Indy should have switched, put Miami in the AFC South and Indy in the AFC East. That would have been an interesting division with Brady/Manning twice a year until Peyton's neck surgery in 2011 and signing with Denver in 2012.

If you really think about it it should have been Balt in the east, Indy in the north and the Dolphins in the south