• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it would be one of the factors (along with increased snap percentage) that could bump it up to a 3 - it helps that i think the contract itself wasnt too far away from a 3

but the NFL has still never revealed the actual calculation behind the comp picks - OTC has got really good at working out most of it but there's still a few things they get slightly wrong each year
it's definitely going to be close since his snaps have increased along with the pro bowl nod.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He’s a returner and in that case, without doing any research, I would definitely think jermaine Lewis made the pro bowl as a returner at least once, he was a top 2 returner in the league for most of his time in Baltimore with Dante hall being his only competition
I knew Duvernay was going in as a returner and was joking a bit when I made the comment. That being said, I had forgotten about Lewis.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
How the hell does Cam Akers tear his Achilles in July and get designated to return in December? Yet our players get injured, and stay injured forever.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
How the hell does Cam Akers tear his Achilles in July and get designated to return in December? Yet our players get injured, and stay injured forever.
They better not rush his recovery though. This was just an unlucky year for us, man. Were we saying this in 2019? Hell, even last season wasn't THIS bad.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
You're asking why different humans recover at different rates and respond to medicine differently?

Are you being serious right now?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

JO_75

Hall of Famer
You're asking why different humans recover at different rates and respond to medicine differently?

Are you being serious right now?

I get it, different injuries, different people, etc. I know an ACL injury is different from an Achilles, I get all of that. It's just frustrating to read this news while we have not a clue why our players aren't fully recovered and continue to have to deal with these injuries. There's got to be something we are doing that has caused us to have a crazier amount of injuries than I've ever seen. It's why I said, maybe we need a new strength and conditioning coach, Saunders should have been fired for the COVID spread last year anyhow but clearly strength & conditioning is starting to be a weak point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I get it, different injuries, different people, etc. I know an ACL injury is different from an Achilles, I get all of that. It's just frustrating to read this news while we have not a clue why our players aren't fully recovered and continue to have to deal with these injuries. There's got to be something we are doing that has caused us to have a crazier amount of injuries than I've ever seen. It's why I said, maybe we need a new strength and conditioning coach, Saunders should have been fired for the COVID spread last year anyhow but clearly strength & conditioning is starting to be a weak point.

i mean it's really only stanley and wolfe with setbacks everyone else we've expected to come back has returned

i agree that saunders should probably have been fired for the protocol breach last year - but the injury recovery process and after-care etc. has very little to do with saunders and the conditioning team and much more to do with Dr Andrew Tucker, Dr Tricia Bent-Goodley, Ron Medlin and the medical and athletic training team

obviously the injuries are frustrating but it just happens that teams get hit with them in different ways at different times - in 2019 (with the same strength and conditioning and also training and medical staffs) we were basically the healthiest team in the league and this year we're probably the least healthy - there's a whole lot of luck involved

in fact saunders was the guy who came in and revolutionised the strength and conditioning department after his predecessor was still set in some pretty old dinosaur-based practices and we had a ton of flexibility and soft-tissue injuries that saunders helped massively reduce almost instantly

i dont like him for being an asshole but he's undoubtedly great at his job (if he wasnt there's no way they would have brought him back either)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Its not the coach… its the vaccine lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone else watched “man in the arena”? Gives a pretty interesting inside look at Brady’s career. I’ve really enjoyed the player/ coach interviews. Also as great as Brady has been, just how lucky he has been. He even admits so himself, a few situations or plays could have sent the patriots and his career on a different path. And As much as we hate the Titans , Mike Vrabel is hilarious and definitely going to attract free agents to Tennessee for years to come with his attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Anyone else watched “man in the arena”? Gives a pretty interesting inside look at Brady’s career. I’ve really enjoyed the player/ coach interviews. Also as great as Brady has been, just how lucky he has been. He even admits so himself, a few situations or plays could have sent the patriots and his career on a different path. And As much as we hate the Titans , Mike Vrabel is hilarious and definitely going to attract free agents to Tennessee for years to come with his attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i only dislike vrabel because the titans have been a frustrating rival and we've been assholes to each other lol - in all other respects he's a good coach and has turned that organisation around and impressively he did it without spending a pick on a majorly talented QB too

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i only dislike vrabel because the titans have been a frustrating rival and we've been assholes to each other lol - in all other respects he's a good coach and has turned that organisation around and impressively he did it without spending a pick on a majorly talented QB too
totally disrespectful organization. I've now seen them stomp on the logos of the Ravens and Steelers and they have probably done it to other teams as well.

We stomped on their logo in retaliation and after the game, not before the game.