• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I can not wait to hear all of you guys analyses on these upcoming draft prospects. Looking forward to see which candidates I want to #SIIE.

Apparently there’s a big senior bowl announcement today which is probably gonna get me hyped to get started - I’ve got my documents set up to start profiling, grading and stacking

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's always fun to look ahead to see who is on our schedule for next season. We play the AFC East & NFC South, more Lamar Jackson vs Josh Allen debate, Lamar vs Mac Jones, and a revenge game against Miami. The NFC South brings us our first game against the Saints in the post Brees era, Is Matt Ryan still going to be in Atlanta? Is Matt Rhule still going to be in Carolina? Our first game against Tom Brady not in a Patriots uniform.

Based on standings, we play a AFC West team at The Bank and a AFC South team on the road. The 17th game next year is against a NFC East team. We can finish between second to last in the division depending on how everything plays out Sunday. So based on Cincy winning the division, they face the Chiefs at home, travel to Tennessee and play Dallas as their 17th game.

Home Opponents
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Miami Dolphins
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • AFC West TBD (Raiders, Chargers, Broncos)
Away Opponents
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • New England Patriots
  • New York Jets
  • New Orleans Saints
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • AFC South TBD (Colts, Texans, Jaguars)
  • NFC East TBD (Eagles, Giants or Washington)

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hell yeah, Ravens in Tampa. Ill be there making noise!

Same, hopefully it’s a Nov/Dec game so it’s a bit cooler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'd like us to become more like some of the other more conservative coaches with respect to playing guys in the preseason.

I just don't think the risk reward is there at all.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
A first. I don't even understand why we're trading him to begin with.

Yea id feel much better keeping him. As an ERFA , I’d imagine we can retain him for a low price again. Wouldn’t we have to resign him before trading anyways?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Dam henry coming back… yes its best if we just let them people be. We dnt need to be in offs. We come back stronger next year

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im 100% gonna be there. Unless the tickets, like the city gets inflated by 5000%

Tom Brady effect. I only go when my work throws me some free tickets. I’d much rather go to a Lighting or Rays game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd like us to become more like some of the other more conservative coaches with respect to playing guys in the preseason.

I just don't think the risk reward is there at all.

i mean sure - that probably helps somewhat and we know harbs is close to being in that place anyway with most of the starters - was only gonna give starters 1 full drive together anyway (just so happened to be the drive where JK ended his season)

also worth pointing out that in terms of injuries we had 1 season ender in preseason but many many more in training camp and preseason practices... only 1 really came from playing in the preseason games

i wonder though if maybe harbs will try and replace that 1 series of starter reps with maybe doing 2 joint practices rather than just 1 (and maybe doing it with a less amateurish coach than Rhule)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i mean sure - that probably helps somewhat and we know harbs is close to being in that place anyway with most of the starters - was only gonna give starters 1 full drive together anyway (just so happened to be the drive where JK ended his season)

also worth pointing out that in terms of injuries we had 1 season ender in preseason but many many more in training camp and preseason practices... only 1 really came from playing in the preseason games

i wonder though if maybe harbs will try and replace that 1 series of starter reps with maybe doing 2 joint practices rather than just 1 (and maybe doing it with a less amateurish coach than Rhule)

I hear you. We gotta look to do something to keep our guys healthy before game action.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's always fun to look ahead to see who is on our schedule for next season. We play the AFC East & NFC South, more Lamar Jackson vs Josh Allen debate, Lamar vs Mac Jones, and a revenge game against Miami. The NFC South brings us our first game against the Saints in the post Brees era, Is Matt Ryan still going to be in Atlanta? Is Matt Rhule still going to be in Carolina? Our first game against Tom Brady not in a Patriots uniform.

Based on standings, we play a AFC West team at The Bank and a AFC South team on the road. The 17th game next year is against a NFC East team. We can finish between second to last in the division depending on how everything plays out Sunday. So based on Cincy winning the division, they face the Chiefs at home, travel to Tennessee and play Dallas as their 17th game.

Home Opponents
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Miami Dolphins
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • AFC West TBD (Raiders, Chargers, Broncos)
Away Opponents
  • Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • New England Patriots
  • New York Jets
  • New Orleans Saints
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • AFC South TBD (Colts, Texans, Jaguars)
  • NFC East TBD (Eagles, Giants or Washington)
I’d like to avoid the chargers and colts, honestly 4th place would be pretty funny

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I noticed that Matthew Judon had 11 snaps vs the Jags when I thought he was going to be out due to covid.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Talks of how we should do something good for Big Ben… lol I say we should show clips of him being knocked out by Bart Scott and having his big ass nose broken by Ngata… fuck him