• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Man I'm really happy with how Andrews has developed. This guy is such a stud, 1200 yards and 9 TDs and he'll probably finish with 1300 yards. For a WR alone those are great numbers but for a TE that's just another level type of production, flat out elite. Hollywood I think has flashed a lot of potential elite WR play and I think next year once the run game returns he's going to take his game to another level, it will be hard to play those DBs back with 2 man under against him.

Bateman will be a stud as well, I love his game and in the offseason, he was tearing it up. Missing the pre-season/most of training camp and the first six games of the year has held him back. This guy is the X WR we've been waiting for.

I think the team will address the trenches, they'll surely get a tackle soon and the interior of the OL was solid, the Kevin Zeitler signing was spectacular. I think Bozeman will, unfortunately, be gone but the Ts is where our problem was, a Healthy Stanley and an upgrade at RT changes that.

The defense will be remodeled but if they keep Marcus Peters then I'm cool with the CB depth and we do have Chuck Clarke for another year. They'll probably need a new FS, ILB, DT, and another Edge. They got a tough job ahead of them with not only replacing starters but adding depth. They defense will get a lot of attention this offseason.

I think this team will be on a revenge tour next year. Yeah, the defense won't be elite but they haven't been all that great this year.

Given how competitive this team has been with all the losses, I think we have plenty to look forward to next year.

if the offence is firing like it should (if we can sort out the scheme and the pass pro) then the defence doesnt have to be elite - just have to be opportunistic which means finding some playmakers and enough solid pieces to not be a sieve

this offence has the potential to be a juggernaut again with the pieces already in place - we've got 3 all-pros on the offence at key spots (QB, LT, TE) as well as a receiving corps and backfield full of speed and talent (2 1st rounders, 2 3rd rounders, 2 day 3s), we've got some solid interior OL depth and as you say we've got solid RG play too - we'll see what we've got at RT but we've at least got our swing tackle under contract now too

big questions for me on offence personnel-wise are solely: 1) do we re-sign bozeman and if not where do we find his replacement 2) can we find a talented tackle to fulfil a few roles... RT of the future, Stanley insurance and potentially backup tackle (if Jawuan James works out)

everything else is more superficial (like RB/TE depth)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Weird games to put on Saturday, you would think the NFL would keep the Chiefs & Titans playing on the same day. Chargers-Raiders on SNF, again is odd given the hilarious scenario I posted where a TIE would get them both in the playoffs if the Steelers win out and Jacksonville wins against Indy.

Simba

Staff Member
An interesting note since it would have an impact on our playoff chances potentially...

If the Jags pull off a miracle and beat the Colts, the Raiders and Chargers (the Sunday night game) both make it into the playoffs with a tie. Both teams would have literally nothing to play for, as a loss for either team in this scenario could result in them not making it in at all, pending how some of the other results go of course.

I'd love to see it just to see how they play it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
An interesting note since it would have an impact on our playoff chances potentially...

If the Jags pull off a miracle and beat the Colts, the Raiders and Chargers (the Sunday night game) both make it into the playoffs with a tie. Both teams would have literally nothing to play for, as a loss for either team in this scenario could result in them not making it in at all, pending how some of the other results go of course.

mutually assured kneel downs for 60 minutes

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

mutually assured kneel downs for 60 minutes
This would totally be part of the "I Hate the Ravens/I Want to get Revenge on the Ravens" conspiracy.

Tank

Hall of Famer
There's been some very good performances from a number of our players this year. What a shame we had such misfortune with all of the injuries.

marklar

Pro Bowler

This thing with the tiebreakers is one thing i REALLY hate about the NFL. Shouldn't need to write a Ph.D. to figure that shit out every week.
Please do like all sports in the rest of the world and do head-to-head followed by points differentials. Then the silly mercy stuff also goes away so two birds with one stone

Simba

Staff Member
This thing with the tiebreakers is one thing i REALLY hate about the NFL. Shouldn't need to write a Ph.D. to figure that shit out every week.
Please do like all sports in the rest of the world and do head-to-head followed by points differentials. Then the silly mercy stuff also goes away so two birds with one stone

Head to head goes out the window when you have a bunch of teams with the same record and that haven't played against all of the other teams, which is the scenario we're in right now. Head to head is literally the first thing they look at too.

marklar

Pro Bowler
Head to head goes out the window when you have a bunch of teams with the same record and that haven't played against all of the other teams, which is the scenario we're in right now. Head to head is literally the first thing they look at too.

Yes, that was my point. Move almost all to the points differential

marklar

Pro Bowler
Basically Roman is shielding Lamar, Lamar is done if Roman is gone, Lamar is figured out, etc, etc.

I think the league has figured out Lamar... that he"s one of the best players in the league, that is
Give the internet a few more years and they will also figure him out the same way

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

That’s kinda odd, what’s the motivation there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk