• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Frustrating to see so many folks seemingly happy we lost so we could slide a few spots in the draft. I don’t understand that mentality and it sets a terrible precedent. Our chances of advancing this year we’re slim to none, but I’ll take that over no chance any day. Especially in a weird COVID year like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who wished for us to lose and is now excited about it? I wanted to win and I’m glad we nearly won with a practice squad team and almost beat our rivals despite it. I most certainly didn’t call for it and only a few of us here got excited when we got 14 officially, so I assume you’re referring to some other place?

Either way, the results are in and we lost and it’s over. I’m “on to Cincinnati” at this point.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Think Gronk too right? Think we were gunning for both Dez and Gronk in that draft
It was rumored but never confirmed.

in that draft gronk was a consensus top tier talent but his injury history scared every team away, ravens probably included

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Frustrating to see so many folks seemingly happy we lost so we could slide a few spots in the draft. I don’t understand that mentality and it sets a terrible precedent. Our chances of advancing this year we’re slim to none, but I’ll take that over no chance any day. Especially in a weird COVID year like this.

We already lost, might as well have those other 2 lose so we can pick 14 instead of 16… who’s actually happy we lost?

Tank

Hall of Famer
Who wished for us to lose and is now excited about it? I wanted to win and I’m glad we nearly won with a practice squad team and almost beat our rivals despite it. I most certainly didn’t call for it and only a few of us here got excited when we got 14 officially, so I assume you’re referring to some other place?

Either way, the results are in and we lost and it’s over. I’m “on to Cincinnati” at this point.

There’s always a few here that call for us to lose to get a higher pick.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
There’s always a few here that call for us to lose to get a higher pick.
Oh I’m sure, I just didn’t read those here right now. I haven’t been super active so maybe I missed it, first time I’ve posted in a while.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

I don't care about the draft pick. I don't think it's all that significant.

I'm not a big "look ahead at the schedule guy", but it's pretty clear to me that a 4th place schedule is significantly more favorable than a 2nd place one.

We now play the Broncos, Giants and Jags. A second place finish would have resulted in either the Raiders/Chargers, Eagles and Colts games, instead.

At the end of the day, I was indifferent about the day. We're not a SB contender. People can talk all they want about "well anybody who makes the playoffs has a chance" and blah blah blah, but that's not real either. Even some of the wildcard teams that won SB's, like the Giants, had much, much, much better rosters and more talent than us. We just don't have the horses to go out and win 3-4 more games.

So I really don't have much interest in squeaking into the playoffs and then going and getting drubbed by the likes of Cincinnati, Buffalo, or KC, in the first round, and I think all of those teams would easily win by double digits against this current Ravens team. I would not expect Lamar to play, I certainly wouldn't expect him to play well (hasn't played in a month and wasn't playing well before that), and I wouldn't like our secondary at all to hold up against teams that can attack you throw the air, which all three of those teams could.

So for me, squeaking into the playoffs and getting drubbed in the wildcard round isn't appealing to me. That's what's going to happen to Pittsburgh, and I think I'd rather be us.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
We already lost, might as well have those other 2 lose so we can pick 14 instead of 16… who’s actually happy we lost?

im not happy. I’m not sad.

I feel nothing.

f this cursed szn.

Simba

Staff Member
i feel relieved lol

Same. I mean, maybe it's just me... but I didn't particularly enjoy watching dudes I've never heard of play significant snaps for the Ravens. And I think we're among a small percentage that know most of the players across the league. The time that we had to watch some dude named Robert Jackson line up across from Davante Adams was when I knew I would be relieved when the season came to an end.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Same. I mean, maybe it's just me... but I didn't particularly enjoy watching dudes I've never heard of play significant snaps for the Ravens. And I think we're among a small percentage that know most of the players across the league. The time that we had to watch some dude named Robert Jackson line up across from Davante Adams was when I knew I would be relieved when the season came to an end.

basically since lamar went down and was only compounded when marlon also went down followed by the entire rest of the team going on the covid list (or the injured list)

but definitely since the packers game for sure

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Winning today was about beating Pburgh, not about getting into the playoffs.

I would say both , but definitely more so about beating pitt and avoiding a 4 game skid vs our rival. Unfortunately some fans prefer to circle jerk while role playing Mel Kiper more than winning. Same dudes pretending like they didn’t spend the whole week leading up to the game saying stuff like “ it wouldn’t be the worst things if we lost, “ I wouldnt be upset Pitt beat us”, etc etc …