• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I would say both , but definitely more so about beating pitt and avoiding a 4 game skid vs our rival. Unfortunately some fans prefer to circle jerk while role playing Mel Kiper more than winning. Same dudes pretending like they didn’t spend the whole week leading up to the game saying stuff like “ it wouldn’t be the worst things if we lost, “ I wouldnt be upset Pitt beat us”, etc etc …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im in this post and i dont like it lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
im in this post and i dont like it lol

Ignore everything i say tonight. I’m sarcastic angry, gave up drinking for 30 days for my New Years resolution, and on top of all that i have a fresh tattoo so I can’t workout for a couple days.

Fuck!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Regarding Tavon, I just thought of something:

-2019 - had a season-ending injury; made the playoffs
-2020 - had a season-ending injury; made the playoffs
-2021 - was healthy for the most part; missed playoffs.

Hmmm...........just randomly thinking out loud. Carry on.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Regarding Tavon, I just thought of something:

-2019 - had a season-ending injury; made the playoffs
-2020 - had a season-ending injury; made the playoffs
-2021 - was healthy for the most part; missed playoffs.

Hmmm...........just randomly thinking out loud. Carry on.

i see why you stopped at 2019 because the 3 years before that screw it up lol

2018 - he played great and played the whole season and we made the playoffs
2017 - had a season ending injury and we missed the playoffs
2016 - he played great as a rookie and we missed the playoffs

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Was it a Superbowl LVI Champs tatt?

Yes , currently working on a cover up now. Thinking a portrait of Greg Roman

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ignore everything i say tonight. I’m sarcastic angry, gave up drinking for 30 days for my New Years resolution, and on top of all that i have a fresh tattoo so I can’t workout for a couple days.

Fuck!

interesting that you can't workout. Makes sense though. You should show the tattoo.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
interesting that you can't workout. Makes sense though. You should show the tattoo.

It’s a fairly large piece and most of my workouts are HITT oriented ,so I’m just trying to keep the excess sweat and gym grim out of it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I would say both , but definitely more so about beating pitt and avoiding a 4 game skid vs our rival. Unfortunately some fans prefer to circle jerk while role playing Mel Kiper more than winning. Same dudes pretending like they didn’t spend the whole week leading up to the game saying stuff like “ it wouldn’t be the worst things if we lost, “ I wouldnt be upset Pitt beat us”, etc etc …

Passive aggressive af because people like the draft lol

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Saw an interesting post on reddit regarding re-signing Ricard. If Derek Watt is making 3.25/year and Juice is making 5, I'm assuming Ricard can demand something close to at least 5 considering he's better than Watt. IIRC Tomlinson played some snaps at FB this year. Does anyone think it is reasonable to let Ricard walk and play Tomlinson at FB/TE4 for 4 million less per year and draft another receiving TE considering Andrews is our only one? I'm not including Josh Oliver because he's JAG imo.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Saw an interesting post on reddit regarding re-signing Ricard. If Derek Watt is making 3.25/year and Juice is making 5, I'm assuming Ricard can demand something close to at least 5 considering he's better than Watt. IIRC Tomlinson played some snaps at FB this year. Does anyone think it is reasonable to let Ricard walk and play Tomlinson at FB/TE4 for 4 million less per year and draft another receiving TE considering Andrews is our only one? I'm not including Josh Oliver because he's JAG imo.

if we let ricard walk it will only be because we're adjusting the scheme and philosophy of the offence somewhat - he has more value to us than any other team in the league and not many teams use fullbacks (but especially not fullbacks who arent at least somewhat passing game weapons like Juice and Ham)

part of the reason juice gets so much money is that he's not just a fullback

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Man I'd be sad as hell if we let go of Project Pat. Get him more involved in the passing game. He was a tank against the Vikings

Charm City

Pro Bowler
if we let ricard walk it will be because we're adjusting the scheme and philosophy of the offence somewhat - he has more value to us than any other team in the league and not many teams use fullbacks (but especially not fullbacks who arent at least somewhat passing game weapons like Juice and Ham)

part of the reason juice gets so much money is that he's not just a fullback
Right I agree that juice is more of an offensive weapon which is why I don’t think that Ricard will make more than him but if I’m Ricard’s agent I don’t see a reason why Derek watt should be making more than Ricard. I just have a tough time allocating money to both Boyle and Ricard when both offer very little in the passing game relative to the size of their contracts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Right I agree that juice is more of an offensive weapon which is why I don’t think that Ricard will make more than him but if I’m Ricard’s agent I don’t see a reason why Derek watt should be making more than Ricard. I just have a tough time allocating money to both Boyle and Ricard when both offer very little in the passing game relative to the size of their contracts

i mean ricard is already making more than watt - i dont think anyone's going to quibble about that lol - when we extended him we gave him 3.65m/yr or something like that - i dont imagine the contract value will change a ton

even juice who did a 2nd extension last offseason with the 49ers only increased his av/yr by a few hundred thousand - i dont think ricard's contract is likely going to jump much from what it was -

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why does it matter if they're making huge impacts in the passing game? If Boyle were making huge impacts in the passing game, he'd be compensated on par with Mark Andrews. They're like $7-8M a year different.

It's like the argument that we paid Brandon Williams too much because he doesn't rush the passer. OK, if he did rush the passer, he'd be $5-10M a year more expensive.

I have zero problem allocating money to two players who are critical to our ability to run the ball, and the lack of a running game may have been the #1 reason why we didn't make the playoffs this year.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Don’t think there are a ton of replacement options out there if we don’t bring him back. I could see us letting him walk if we don’t retain Roman.