• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
First pick I'd assume is OL, wr, S or DL.

Agree on what you said about rb @rossihunter2.

But we might be picking late. I don't watch enough college ball to determine this but could someone stock rise to where they look early 2nd late first?
I dont see us going wr. S and dline for sure though or even edge rusher

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
If we make a deep run then Damien Harris will absolutely be on our short list in the late 20s, there’s no way he isn’t, he’s the closest you can get to the zeke/gurley/fournette early first RBs without spending an early first. He may end up playing himself into the early first though and this point could be moot.
I dont know where he is ranked now but trayveon williams from texas a&m is legit.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I dont see us going wr. S and dline for sure though or even edge rusher
Our wr group is far from settled. I’m convinced Scott is mentally not nfl caliber, and lasley needs to be fucking SPECIAL to make up for his hands, which he could be, but I’m not sold yet(i do think he will end up seeing a healthy snap count probably by year 3 though). And unless we extend John brown and he stays healthy and we’re able to keep Snead, then we can’t just ignore the wr group. Hell if John brown doesn’t stay were already gonna need to address it.

I’m cool with all of those groups, except that next years safety class looks like ass so far.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I’ve liked what I’ve seen, that boy is a fucking bullet, unreal speed, I’ll need to watch more though to get a grade on his vision and pro traits in general
I love his vision. They give the ball to him
Alot up the middle. Justice hill is nice too, might be the best running back ive seen in open field but idk about his vision and abilty to read holes but man in open field dude is nasty

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Our wr group is far from settled. I’m convinced Scott is mentally not nfl caliber, and lasley needs to be fucking SPECIAL to make up for his hands, which he could be, but I’m not sold yet(i do think he will end up seeing a healthy snap count probably by year 3 though). And unless we extend John brown and he stays healthy and we’re able to keep Snead, then we can’t just ignore the wr group. Hell if John brown doesn’t stay were already gonna need to address it.

I’m cool with all of those groups, except that next years safety class looks like ass so far.
We only signed snead to a one year deal also? i think flacco will convince the staff that we need john brown

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harris will almost certainly go in the first barring injury, off field, or a horrific combine(which seems impossible because he is twice the athlete in 2018 compared to 2017). If he doesn’t go in the first he’s gonna be top 10 in the 2nd
Hes a great player dont get me wrong. I just prefer Love lol. Hes more dynamic. Harris just doesnt have that break away speed. Thats really my only knock on him...hes probably in the 4.6 range and he'll be a good pro but i kinda feel like we need a scat back. Id honestly prefer to wait for Gaskin in the 3rd

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hes a great player dont get me wrong. I just prefer Love lol. Hes more dynamic. Harris just doesnt have that break away speed. Thats really my only knock on him...hes probably in the 4.6 range and he'll be a good pro but i kinda feel like we need a scat back. Id honestly prefer to wait for Gaskin in the 3rd
Harris has gotten faster this year, new conditioning im guessing, but it’s showing in a big way, and he’s part of a committee this season so despite lower stats that actually helps his cause. Mileage is one of the biggest things that will cause a late first RB to fall to the early 2nd, everyone’s seen enough of Harris to know he’s a franchise caliber rb in the nfl, so less carries may be a good thing for him in the end

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’ve never been a fan of Cowherd. It goes back about 11 yrs and I stopped listening to him.