• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I kinda like that Jax is 1, where they should be at the moment, but I think a few other teams in the top 10 are getting by on weak opponents.

Other weird note is how insane passing is this year. Flacco is on pace for 5k yards and yet that is only 8th in the NFL. Now granted he would be top 3 this year if they hadn't eased off the gas in that Buffalo game but the passing numbers this year are insane.
They are crazy as shit, like the league has done exactly what goodell wanted, and I like it, because the teams that will stand tall at the end are the ones who can get more stops than the other, as “duh” as that sounds, it’s the truth. That’s why I like us and Jax vs the rest of the afc, any of the high powered afc offenses, basically just the Chiefs, Steelers, and bengals to a degree, can be slowed down by an elite defense. I will not only predict, but GUARANTEE the jags beat the Chiefs next week, I think the chiefs will be shellshocked and beat the fuck up by the end of the game, and their defense is so bad that bortles will look good like he always does vs the patriots.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I kinda like that Jax is 1, where they should be at the moment, but I think a few other teams in the top 10 are getting by on weak opponents.

Other weird note is how insane passing is this year. Flacco is on pace for 5k yards and yet that is only 8th in the NFL. Now granted he would be top 3 this year if they hadn't eased off the gas in that Buffalo game but the passing numbers this year are insane.
Also crazy: 228 TD passes new ATH compared to 205 TD (in 2013). Teams are adapting. There is always this talk about establishing the run and aiming for a 50/50 ratio. Quick or LoS passes substitute the run and teams are more willing to spread the ball. Teams are looking for plays to get everyone the ball and not just the RB and #1 WR. They want to equally spread it and of course there are also the rules

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hate R1 RB but if you are going to take a RB rounds 1 or 2 you better be REALLY set on 4/5 of the OLine at least preferably all 5 because that is the best way to upgrade the running game.

Now without any names in my head, if the Ravens grab a C/G Round 1 then MAYBE you could argue a R2 RB but really you probably still would rather double dip to secure Yandas replacement as well.

it's all on players not positions - if there's a playmaking RB in round 2 and the OL is yet another weak class then you take the playmaker - especially given that this is purely hypothetical

it would be funny though if eric decosta's first official draft pick as GM is a bama kid though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I hate R1 RB but if you are going to take a RB rounds 1 or 2 you better be REALLY set on 4/5 of the OLine at least preferably all 5 because that is the best way to upgrade the running game.

Now without any names in my head, if the Ravens grab a C/G Round 1 then MAYBE you could argue a R2 RB but really you probably still would rather double dip to secure Yandas replacement as well.
Michael Jordan from OSU and elgton Jenkins from MsSt. Jordan has played G and C and Jenkins is a career C. Both are long, strong, athletic, and Uber physical, with Jordan being a pretty supreme athlete and Jenkins being clearly the more refined and powerful of the 2. Jordan doesn’t lack power though, and moves really well and nails moving blocks in space very frequently.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's all on players not positions - if there's a playmaking RB in round 2 and the OL is yet another weak class then you take the playmaker - especially given that this is purely hypothetical

it would be funny though if eric decosta's first official draft pick as GM is a bama kid though

A playmaking RB without a solid Oline just will not be one though. The biggest problem is that a LOT of teams should be going all in on the OLine though

Edit: If there is no OLine pick, then safety, DL, or even WR is acceptable

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yeah gmfb has a full blown love affair with the ravens. Nate, schrager, and the other guy all have loved the ravens for years, Kay Adams doesn’t seem to hype them nearly as much. And yeah i thought gmfb was GARBAGE it’s first year but they’ve gotten a lot better since they started focusing more on football than social media lol
I believe Kay Adams is a Patriots fan though I'm not 100% sure. Regardless, she's hot so it's a plus.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Honestly our best bet would be trading back, again. Looking for multiple OL prospects, but if we nabbed Damien Harris in the first I’d be fucking ecstatic.

I kinda like the OL class so far, too bad that downtime wiped away my OL writeups, I had like 7 players done in detail

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly our best bet would be trading back, again. Looking for multiple OL prospects, but if we nabbed Damien Harris in the first I’d be fucking ecstatic.

I kinda like the OL class so far, too bad that downtime wiped away my OL writeups, I had like 7 players done in detail
I honestly dont see damien harris as a 1st round prospect in my eyes. Sure he does a lot of things well but but hes not great at any one thing. Jack of all traits kinda guy. We already have that in Buck

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A playmaking RB without a solid Oline just will not be one though. The biggest problem is that a LOT of teams should be going all in on the OLine though

Edit: If there is no OLine pick, then safety, DL, or even WR is acceptable
This is true, you just can’t take one of a good one isn’t available.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I honestly dont see damien harris as a 1st round prospect in my eyes. Sure he does a lot of things well but but hes not great at any one thing. Jack of all traits kinda guy. We already have that in Buck
I’m gonna have to strongly disagree there. Harris is like somewhere between ray rice and Kareem hunt, like he’s built like Kareem and has that same powerful, tree trunk legged style, but he’s got a way of exploding upfield and forcing missed tackles with hard cuts like ray rice. Harris looks special to me.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m gonna have to strongly disagree there. Harris is like somewhere between ray rice and Kareem hunt, like he’s built like Kareem and has that same powerful, tree trunk legged style, but he’s got a way of exploding upfield and forcing missed tackles with hard cuts like ray rice. Harris looks special to me.
I just dont know if id take Harris in the first. Id much rather wait for Singletary in the 2nd or 3rd which is where i think Harris will end up anyways. Not sure if there are any 1st round running backs this year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just dont know if id take Harris in the first. Id much rather wait for Singletary in the 2nd or 3rd which is where i think Harris will end up anyways. Not sure if there are any 1st round running backs this year.
Harris will almost certainly go in the first barring injury, off field, or a horrific combine(which seems impossible because he is twice the athlete in 2018 compared to 2017). If he doesn’t go in the first he’s gonna be top 10 in the 2nd

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Harris will almost certainly go in the first barring injury, off field, or a horrific combine(which seems impossible because he is twice the athlete in 2018 compared to 2017). If he doesn’t go in the first he’s gonna be top 10 in the 2nd
off field is out of the question with that dude