• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
To be fair, that was his only TO all season, on tone of touches.

I honestly wasn't considering that at all. Just that they gave him a ton of touches, he got a ton of yards but with only a modest YPC. And yet it didn't really fix their running game. I mean ffs Freeman and Murray and Tyson Williams all had higher YPC and we couldn't run for fuck all. I'm mostly saying 1st round running back is USUALLY a bad idea and they'll probably think there was higher value because there likely was

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I honestly wasn't considering that at all. Just that they gave him a ton of touches, he got a ton of yards but with only a modest YPC. And yet it didn't really fix their running game. I mean ffs Freeman and Murray and Tyson Williams all had higher YPC and we couldn't run for fuck all. I'm mostly saying 1st round running back is USUALLY a bad idea and they'll probably think there was higher value because there likely was
Agree with all of that. I just feel I need to show him a bit of support, considering he's a Bama boy.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Speaking of the Chiefs, I find it interesting that:

-2018 - lose to them, make the playoffs
-2019 - lose to them, make the playoffs
-2020 - lose to them, make the playoffs
-2021 - beat them, miss playoffs

Beating the Chiefs was our Infinity Stone. Convince me otherwise.
hmmm, what happens next year when we don't play them.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The fact that trevon diggs made 1st team all pro is laughable. Most likely didnt watch his games and only saw highlights of his ints lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The fact that trevon diggs made 1st team all pro is laughable. Most likely didnt watch his games and only saw highlights of his ints lol
outside of allowing over 1k yards in coverage he had 11 interceptions and 5TDs, there were definitely better options for 1st team All Pro, but I'm sure it was the interceptions that put him over the top.

He had a very similar year to Marcus Peters rookie year (2015) where he allowed over 1k yards, but had 8TDs and 9 Int. The difference is Peters wasn't 1st team all pro in 2015.

Last edited:

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

outside of allowing over 1k yards in coverage he had 11 interceptions and 5TDs, there were definitely better options for 1st team All Pro, but I'm sure it was the interceptions that put him over the top.

He had a very similar year to Marcus Peters rookie year (2015) where he allowed over 1k yards, but had 8TDs and 9 Int. The difference is Peters wasn't 1st team all pro in 2015.
He plays for the Cowboys.
#Answered

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Pitt is gonna look back on the Najee Harris pick and think, we really could have done a lot better. Not that he's bad, but I really don't think he's that good

idk he's been pretty good in one of the worst possible situations - no OL, and a QB who doesnt threaten deep - he's consistently swamped and a featured part of their running game

but it's also just more proof that there's literally no reason to pick a RB in round 1 - their success is so dependent on the rest of the team around them

tbf to the steelers there werent really any value offensive linemen - the next one was Teven Jenkins who had some injury issues that the public didnt know about and was taken 15 picks after they took Najee (and Jenkins hasnt been able to play this year and has also still apparently not fully recovered his strength from pre-injury)

but no reason they couldnt have added Greg Newsome at corner or one of the large number of EDGEs who went towards the end of round 1 (who've all contributed in year 1)

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it's one of those where it's understandable - it's not like he lead the league in picks with 5 or 6 and got in just because he was the pick leader
he was on track at various points for historic levels of playmaking - it feels acceptable to give him that berth even with all the yards given up because he managed to score more points and create more turnovers than some entire teams defences/special teams and also scored more TDs than a decent number of receivers

like it probably should have been AJ Terrell instead of him but i cant be mad that they gave it to diggs

Simba

Staff Member
I think Pitt is gonna look back on the Najee Harris pick and think, we really could have done a lot better. Not that he's bad, but I really don't think he's that good

I think they're gonna regret the pick, but not because of Harris himself. I think they completely disregarded where they were as an organization and they're going to get no value out of him unless by some miracle the Rodgers rumors come true. By time they're competitive again, Harris will have been run into the ground with how much work they're giving him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think they're gonna regret the pick, but not because of Harris himself. I think they completely disregarded where they were as an organization and they're going to get no value out of him unless by some miracle the Rodgers rumors come true. By time they're competitive again, Harris will have been run into the ground with how much work they're giving him.

exactly - Harris is going to be the workhorse and by the time they’ve put an OL and QB around him they’ll either have to pay him or let him go

especially poor foresight given the way the 2022 qb class looked too

It’s honestly wild that they were never in play for a young QB... a few years ago they gave up a future 1st to move up 10 spots for Devin Bush - feels like they’ll regret not making a similar trade to get to 11 for Justin Fields - still taken freiermuth and green in day 2 and even dan Moore in day 3

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

I would be pissed if Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson ends up there. They’ve had 18 years of solid QB play. They need to enter QB purgatory for a few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I would be pissed if Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson ends up there. They’ve had 18 years of solid QB play. They need to enter QB purgatory for a few years

with Colbert leaving after the draft, i feel like he's going to try and leave his successor with the next QB a bit like Ozzie with Lamar (albeit EDC had been running the draft room for a while by that point)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
it's one of those where it's understandable - it's not like he lead the league in picks with 5 or 6 and got in just because he was the pick leader
he was on track at various points for historic levels of playmaking - it feels acceptable to give him that berth even with all the yards given up because he managed to score more points and create more turnovers than some entire teams defences/special teams and also scored more TDs than a decent number of receivers

like it probably should have been AJ Terrell instead of him but i cant be mad that they gave it to diggs
I mean terrell, slay, jc jackson and like atleast 1cb outta every division had a better season but yea those ints got him there. Not mad at it but that usually leads people into thinking he actually is the best cb in nfl

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
The narrative has always been Roman’s inability to expand our limited passing game. All the amazing running accolades we have accomplished comes at a cost. In order for Ricard to be on the field, you have to take a receiver off. In order to run that receiver on a jet motion before the snap, you have to accept that it eliminates him as a a legitimate receiving or vertical threat. This offense is holding back Lamar’s true potential. It’s time to move on from Roman and the run heavy/condensed formation schemes.

pretty much this

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
exactly - Harris is going to be the workhorse and by the time they’ve put an OL and QB around him they’ll either have to pay him or let him go

especially poor foresight given the way the 2022 qb class looked too

It’s honestly wild that they were never in play for a young QB... a few years ago they gave up a future 1st to move up 10 spots for Devin Bush - feels like they’ll regret not making a similar trade to get to 11 for Justin Fields - still taken freiermuth and green in day 2 and even dan Moore in day 3
Meh, I doubt they’ll lose sleep about Fields

Tank

Hall of Famer
pretty much this

I think this tweet inadvertently points out a big issue with parts of our squad. While team speed is important, at it's most basic level success in football boils down to making tackles and breaking tackles, not winning races.