• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Given the circumstances I’m not sure how anyone could form an objective opinion concerning effectiveness of coaches this year. I will say though it was pretty amazing they did as well as they did, lesser teams would have folded and given up. We were competitive in pretty much every game to the end with what eventually amounted to a practice squad defense.
Definitely agree. With Roman it’s more about Lamar’s development and whether he is making progress, or is he regressing. But then I always come back to the injury situation and Covid. I mean you can almost say with certainty, if we had Dobbins, Edwards, and Stanley (healthy O line) for most of the season we wouldn’t be talking about firing Roman. I mean there were many who thought this team was a serious SB contender before the season started.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Awful coaching and terrible attempt to blame shift after a poor performance. Calling that play is dumb and the ref is probably just as shocked at what he's witnessed at the moment.

Side note would love to have Mayock brought in to our scouting/draft department in some role. Nothing to back it except what how I've seen him grade talent that makes me believe Gruden was pulling the trigger on these picks.

he's been good with later guys - not drafted great up top for the raiders though
but it was always great having him on broadcast for the draft

for me the dream would be for him to come back to nfl network and have him and DJ on the coverage together

Tank

Hall of Famer
Definitely agree. With Roman it’s more about Lamar’s development and whether he is making progress, or is he regressing. But then I always come back to the injury situation and Covid. I mean you can almost say with certainty, if we had Dobbins, Edwards, and Stanley (healthy O line) for most of the season we wouldn’t be talking about firing Roman. I mean there were many who thought this team was a serious SB contender before the season started.
Agreed, they were dealt a shitty hand from the get go.
I'm not sure how we can hold Roman accountable for any regression in Lamar's passing abilities.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Agreed, they were dealt a shitty hand from the get go.
I'm not sure how we can hold Roman accountable for any regression in Lamar's passing abilities.
Lamar’s regression is from playing hero ball with a shitty ass o-line and an OC that has no fucking clue how to beat Cover 0 and stacks routes on top of each other. Stop

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Awful coaching and terrible attempt to blame shift after a poor performance. Calling that play is dumb and the ref is probably just as shocked at what he's witnessed at the moment.

Side note would love to have Mayock brought in to our scouting/draft department in some role. Nothing to back it except what how I've seen him grade talent that makes me believe Gruden was pulling the trigger on these picks.
I'm going to be selfish on this. I'd rather have him on the NFL Network again for my favorite weekend in sports and the leadup...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He had more around longer, I’ll admit losing Peters right off the bat and never having Wolfe was big, I just think the fact that our pass defense was dead last wire to wire should be concerning injuries aside.
yet we kept all the games close outside of the Bengals game from weeks 11-18 and 5 of the 6 games we lost were a combined score of 8 points, none of them being by more than 3 points. These were good teams we were playing, yet we kept it close. We were keeping it close inspite of our offense and if they could move the ball with any regularity we would of won the division or atleast made the playoffs.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
yet we kept all the games close outside of the Bengals game from weeks 11-18 and 5 of the 6 games we lost were a combined score of 8 points, none of them being by more than 3 points. These were good teams we were playing, yet we kept it close. We were keeping it close inspite of our offense and if they could move the ball with any regularity we would of won the division or at least made the playoffs.

The Packers and Bengals scored a lot on us, it’s not saying much to shut down the Browns, the Rams were in a rut with Stafford playing bad, and we gave up the points when it mattered

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Packers and Bengals scored a lot on us, it’s not saying much to shut down the Browns, the Rams were in a rut with Stafford playing bad, and we gave up the points when it mattered
I said 5 of 6. The Bengals game was the outlier. The Packers score a lot on everyone. This happened to be the game where the offense performed well.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar’s regression is from playing hero ball with a shitty ass o-line and an OC that has no fucking clue how to beat Cover 0 and stacks routes on top of each other. Stop
I’m sure Roman has to know in theory how you beat cover 0