• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we had him you wouldnt be able to call him “ randy moss” tbh. Just give borrow his credit that man looks like a great qb
We’ve never had a guy that caliber. The point is Burrows had him all of college and now his second season in the NFL.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
We’ve never had a guy that caliber. The point is Burrows had him all of college and now his second season in the NFL.

No point in having a guy that caliber in this offense. Wouldn’t be used appropriately, forced to block more than run routes, limited route tree, Lamar doesn’t throw back shoulder to the sideline, and 50/50 balls are non existent in this offense. #FireRoman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The Rams fucking suck. At this point it's hard not to root for Tampa Brady. Don't love that I have to root for him, but Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow are off limits. I guess SF is an option, but I think I'd rather see history made

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
No point in having a guy that caliber in this offense. Wouldn’t be used appropriately, forced to block more than run routes, limited route tree, Lamar doesn’t throw back shoulder to the sideline, and 50/50 balls are non existent in this offense. #FireRoman

sad but true. But I think it’s Harbs doing as well. It just feels like Harb is old school enough to prefer this condensed / risk-averse run offense philosophy over opening it up and adapting to this pass happy league.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

Sadly I agree. I only recall one 50/50 ball all year and it was Huntley to Bateman. It just annoys me seeing chase pull off these jump balls and 80 yard YAC plays for Burrow, people act like Burrow is god here and they don’t realize how fortunate he is

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Jeez, the games have been good but the teams in the playoffs have been rough to watch if you're a Ravens fan. Gotta root NFC, but something tells me no one is goon beat KC in the next 2 games.

Simba

Staff Member
Jeez, the games have been good but the teams in the playoffs have been rough to watch if you're a Ravens fan. Gotta root NFC, but something tells me no one is goon beat KC in the next 2 games.

KC is such a good team. I want to hate Mahomes so much but he’s such a good guy and he’s so fun to watch.

If only he had better choice in women and would disown his brother.

Tank

Hall of Famer
KC is such a good team. I want to hate Mahomes so much but he’s such a good guy and he’s so fun to watch.

If only he had better choice in women and would disown his brother.
Just a little niggly thing, but the way he flicks his fingers waiting for the play call gets on my nerves. lol

Dude has the clutch gene though, no doubt.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Okay ravens you had your weekend at Steve’s, lets hear something god dammit
Same here - I need news. Harbaugh has always done a end of season presser and there were state of the ravens pressers with the upper brass a couple of years ago.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Same here - I need news. Harbaugh has always done a end of season presser and there were state of the ravens pressers with the upper brass a couple of years ago.

it is worth pointing out that the ravens normally conduct their business on radio silent - it's certainly possible or even probable that they've made interview requests with other candidates and are interviewing guys this week - the only reason we knew about joe whitt jr is because of steve wyche

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yesterday was an amazing day for football.

the AFC has so many young bright QBs. Herbert, Lamar, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, and Pat. Just amazing to think that when healthy we should be able to see all these guys battle it out in the playoffs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
But all year the talk was “the AFC is weak they just can’t match the powerhouses in Tampa and GB and LA”

my ass

the AFC was weird, but it clearly had the strongest teams in the league - they just kept taking lumps out of each other every week and occasionally some random team would upset someone

but just look at the AFC where Lamar Jackson (albeit with an injury so he couldnt play for 6 games and a devastated roster) and Justin Herbert both didn't make it into the playoffs nor did the Browns with their loaded roster - like the steelers getting in dilutes it somewhat but still...

whereas the NFC had the eagles and saints vying for playoff spots and in fact the eagles managed to lock down a playoff spot before the final week of the season lol