• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I missed this and honestly haven’t wanted to listen to them lately lol what did he say?

dont bother listening lol - not worth it ever

just back-handedly criticised lamar as not being worthy of top money which was ill-advised 1) because it was dumb and not based in reality and the way the market works 2) because you're in-house and disparaging lamar for getting injured and being sick while he's in contract talks 3) said he's not worth giving top of the league money - shouldnt get allen or mahomes (or even dak money)

just an idiot again and again

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

just back-handedly criticised lamar as not being worthy of top money which was ill-advised 1) because it was dumb and not based in reality and the way the market works 2) because you're in-house and disparaging lamar for getting injured and being sick while he's in contract talks 3) said he's not worth giving top of the league money - shouldnt get allen or mahomes (or even dak money)

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing when I played that episode. I get you work for the Ravens, but waaaay to burn bridges with Lamar and players. Nobody wants to hear your corny drafts about “best thanksgiving food.” We just like when players come on.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

That's big yikes

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I couldn’t believe what I was hearing when I played that episode. I get you work for the Ravens, but waaaay to burn bridges with Lamar and players. Nobody wants to hear your corny drafts about “best thanksgiving food.” We just like when players come on.

only time ive really ever listened has been when they've had draft guys on (both internal and external) - mel kiper, DJ normally do an episode because of their links to the ravens and then when they get Hortiz on (who you dont get to hear from much elsewhere) and sometimes even EDC comes on

Simba

Staff Member
It's pretty cool to see the amount of respect Levine is getting not only from people inside of the organization, but from players and coaches across the league as well. Not often a STer gets as much love as he is right now.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
So, I saw the discussion yesterday where a member was calling out posters because he thinks everyone is just dumb.

I will say, I see that poster engage far more often with less nuanced or well thought out posts than the ones from posters who are known to be knowledgeable and have spoken heavily on the subject.

Anyway... at no point in time should people feel discouraged from posting or sharing their thoughts. Some of you have ideas and beliefs that I could never get behind, but as long as you're not outright trolling, post away. You shouldn't be attacked for it. It is especially asinine to blindly defend any decision the team makes because they're in that position and we're not; they're not infallible or beyond making mistakes. Teams will make mistakes ALL the time.

And, again- there are A LOT of really smart people in this forum and who are very active- if you really want nuanced, well thought out football discussion about the X's and O's of the team, they will readily make themselves available for you.

Just really kinda peeves me when people try to shut down discussion... on a discussion forum. Remember, be respectful with others and if you cannot be, just don't engage.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

That's a great recipe to lose your job pretty quickly with the Ravens.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
You know, this isn't a bad idea for fixing OT rules, but I don't care what they do as long as the solution is basically what MLB does. First team gets a chance to score then the other team gets to score. You could even follow it down to exactly what MLB does, Road Team gets the ball first then the home team gets the chance to match or better in order to win the game.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know, this isn't a bad idea for fixing OT rules, but I don't care what they do as long as the solution is basically what MLB does. First team gets a chance to score then the other team gets to score. You could even follow it down to exactly what MLB does, Road Team gets the ball first then the home team gets the chance to match or better in order to win the game.

It seems pretty simple right. Just play until one team scores and the other can not match that score. Playoffs only , keep the normal format with ties for regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems pretty simple right. Just play until one team scores and the other can not match that score. Playoffs only , keep the normal format with ties for regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the concept but it may not be as practical in football. Baseball games sometimes go on until the wee hours of the morning, or until curfews are reached. The one big issue with football is the potential for increased injuries, and just fatigue. They have to end the the game as quickly as possibly, and as fairly as possible. IMO the Bills defense blew that game. With 13 left on the clock they should have been in press coverage and in attack mode. Reminded of Pees shit when he was here.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

If you change it to where you have to match scores you get an obvious advantage to the team getting the ball 2nd. Watch on coin they will choose to kick. I mean why not. A three and out will give you field advantage. Turnover. Knowing if you need to go for it on 4th regardless where you're on the field. Having the option to go for 2. It's fine as it is. You know you gotta stop a team from going usually 75 yds. Maybe get rid of the coin flip somehow. Have a danceoff and let the crowd decide. j/k

If you change it to where you have to match scores you get an obvious advantage to the team getting the ball 2nd. Watch on coin they will choose to kick. I mean why not. A three and out will give you field advantage. Turnover. Knowing if you need to go for it on 4th regardless where you're on the field. Having the option to go for 2. It's fine as it is. You know you gotta stop a team from going usually 75 yds. Maybe get rid of the coin flip somehow. Have a danceoff and let the crowd decide. j/k
Yeah I was thinking maybe the 2 HC’s could arm wrestle.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
"Tell him about the dance off to win the Super Bowl"