• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watch them start playing the "wrap it up" music 3 minutes into Bens speech.

"Ok, well that guy was pretty good but up next, the GOAT"

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watch them start playing the "wrap it up" music 3 minutes into Bens speech.

"Ok, well that guy was pretty good but up next, the GOAT"

The year is 2027, the world is on covid Omega Delta Phi..

NFL: “Hey Benny Ben, I know this your first year and all.. congrats by the way.. but due to this pandemic, we’re only allowed certain number of seats. Unfortunately, your ceremony must be done through a zoom call.”

Ben: “what?! Why?”

NFL: “it’s mother father Tom Brady bro.”

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well, realistically, I don't see many paths to the Bucs getting back into SB contention in the next year or two. I'm sure they think they could, but they basically spend all their money to keep the "band together" and it was pretty clear it wasn't going to work out this year.

just seen this

nfc south is a mess
saints are in cap hell and dont have a qb
bucs are going to have to rebuild and dont have a qb
panthers suck and dont have a qb
falcons are in cap hell

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
just seen this

nfc south is a mess
saints are in cap hell and dont have a qb
bucs are going to have to rebuild and dont have a qb
panthers suck and dont have a qb
falcons are in cap hell

Jensen could be in ply for the Ravens now. Said publicly he would be back in Tampa if Brady came back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
if we are going to pay a C, he would be THE option for me

Would love to have ole red back in Baltimore. Pricing would be and issue though

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can’t believe my boy Brady is retiring…. He will be missed. Looked up to him so much as a kid

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Would love to have ole red back in Baltimore. Pricing would be and issue though

ill put it this way - if we're trying to keep bozeman and he wants top 5 money, id rather pay a bit extra and bring jensen back
if we're paying top dollar for a C, might as well make it slightly more expensive and get maybe the best guy in the league

Tank

Hall of Famer
Just heard a disturbing factoid; The Ravens were the only team in the NFL this year that didn’t have a play from scrimmage over 50 yards.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just heard a disturbing factoid; The Ravens were the only team in the NFL this year that didn’t have a play from scrimmage over 50 yards.

it's a little arbitrary given that we had multiple 40+ yard plays...
we had the highest average depth of target and yards per attempt early in the year - explosive plays in the passing game wasnt really our issue at all this year - just happened to be that the deepest bomb we hit came from the 49 yard line...

the other issue is that all those bombs happened with lamar at QB and he didnt play for the basically 6 games which limits opportunities

through 5 or 6 weeks hollywood was leading the league in 20+ yard plays iirc (which is what most of the NFL use as their explosive plays measure)

for reference:
our ranking in explosive runs per sharpfootball was pretty unchanged with and without lamar but
our ranking in explosive pass plays was massively impacted also - without lamar in those 6 games we had only 13 total big pass plays at a rate of 5% which put us bottom 5 in the NFL...
our ranking with lamar as the passer... 10th in the NFL and that's even including "the slump" with a 10% rate
and just because i wanted to see - i looked at our ranking with lamar before the dolphins game... 3rd in the NFL at 12% (and again because i was curious - if you take out the chargers game where we just ran the ball then we're 1st - now obviously that's just me massaging stats but it's an indcator of just how explosive this passing game was before it broke)

TL;DR - dont worry about not having 50 yard plays... we were among the top 3 most explosive offences for the first half of the season - just so happened that none of our long bombs went 50 yards (mostly because the ball was snapped inside the opposing half)

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
This reads like you just found out Chancellor Palpatine is the Sith lord we've been looking for

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

lots of people saying it's not a decision that's been made - my guess is brady had a plan for how he wanted to announce it and having it get leaked has screwed with that slightly

I'd imagine it's exactly that. It's incredibly shitty to not be able to announce your own retirement yourself, let alone when you're viewed the way Brady is.

At my job, a supervisor told the team I was working with that a coworker had gotten a promotion and the girl who got the promotion looked really pissed.

Later, a different girl on the same team made sure at her first opportunity to announce she was moving on so that her supervisor couldn't announce it.

People like to share their own personal news and victories. Brady is absolutely pissed.

Tank

Hall of Famer
it's a little arbitrary given that we had multiple 40+ yard plays...
we had the highest average depth of target and yards per attempt early in the year - explosive plays in the passing game wasnt really our issue at all this year - just happened to be that the deepest bomb we hit came from the 49 yard line...

the other issue is that all those bombs happened with lamar at QB and he didnt play for the basically 6 games which limits opportunities

through 5 or 6 weeks hollywood was leading the league in 20+ yard plays iirc (which is what most of the NFL use as their explosive plays measure)

for reference:
our ranking in explosive runs per sharpfootball was pretty unchanged with and without lamar but
our ranking in explosive pass plays was massively impacted also - without lamar in those 6 games we had only 13 total big pass plays at a rate of 5% which put us bottom 5 in the NFL...
our ranking with lamar as the passer... 10th in the NFL and that's even including "the slump" with a 10% rate
and just because i wanted to see - i looked at our ranking with lamar before the dolphins game... 3rd in the NFL at 12% (and again because i was curious - if you take out the chargers game where we just ran the ball then we're 1st - now obviously that's just me massaging stats but it's an indcator of just how explosive this passing game was before it broke)

TL;DR - dont worry about not having 50 yard plays... we were among the top 3 most explosive offences for the first half of the season - just so happened that none of our long bombs went 50 yards (mostly because the ball was snapped inside the opposing half)

too bad they don’t play the tournament during the first half of the season. lol

It’s not just about the QB, it’s also about not getting YAC turning those 20 -30 yard passes into big plays. Also no explosive RB last year.

More good news on that same show;
Save the Chiefs, all of our wins came against teams that failed to make the playoffs. Those teams had a combined record of 42 - 59.

I think it was cool that we were at least in the game for most of the late season losses, but the better teams hold on to those late game leads. Of course we had a huge number of injuries, stating the obvious we have a lot of work to do on defense too.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
Calais a member of the Game Day Morning crew today. He looks even huger in a 3 piece. lol

Last edited: