• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean nothing that happened today so far has actually changed anything about the ravens offseason...

oh yeah.. but at least there’ll be more interesting questions being asked with your divisional rival making it to the big dance

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ravens and Bengals will be fun next year. Could be a couple terrific games.

I give the Bengals credit, nobody thought they'd make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. Let's see how they adjust next year though. Look at the other Ohio team, the Browns didn't handle the success of 20 very well at all in 21. How do the Bengals handle a target on their backs?

Idk about fun… if they sure up that O line they’ll be damn near unbeatable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
oh yeah.. but at least there’ll be more interesting questions being asked with your divisional rival making it to the big dance

More than just making it to the dance. How about Burrow going 2/2 Vs KC in comeback fashion? Something the Ravens really struggled with in Lamar’s tenure. Obviously not all on Lamar, it’s a team game, but tough to watch a Division rival pull that off.

Simba

Staff Member
I know I'm not supposed to want the Bengals to win as a division rival, but it was hard to root against them today. I really respect how they built that team. They're going to be a pain in the ass for a long time because as good as they are, they still have a lot of room to improve. It also helps they sucked their way into Burrow, who has the cleanest eval I've ever done. But they nailed it both with him and putting pieces around him. Get him some protection and they're going to be dangerous.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
he looked like mahomes from the beginning of the year when he made needless mistakes

bengals did a good job taking away the deep stuff and dropping 7 and 8 while keeping contain in the pocket with a rusher spy - the same philosophy as what we did to the chiefs in week 2

give him as much time as he wants because you've got 7 vs 5 in coverage + a spy/layered blitzer who can disrupt second phase (post-scramble) plays

Completely agree

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
More than just making it to the dance. How about Burrow going 2/2 Vs KC in comeback fashion? Something the Ravens really struggled with in Lamar’s tenure. Obviously not all on Lamar, it’s a team game, but tough to watch a Division rival pull that off.

To be fair, the Ravens were pretty abysmal at coming from behind with Joe in the later years prior to Lamar and Lamar had plenty of comeback wins this year.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
To be fair, the Ravens were pretty abysmal at coming from behind with Joe in the later years prior to Lamar and Lamar had plenty of comeback wins this year.

For sure , but that won’t make fans feel better. I don’t think Lamar is the problem either , it’s this shitty played out offense we run. Burrow is so good, but i didn’t see him make plays today or last week that Lamar couldn’t pull off.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know I'm not supposed to want the Bengals to win as a division rival, but it was hard to root against them today. I really respect how they built that team. They're going to be a pain in the ass for a long time because as good as they are, they still have a lot of room to improve. It also helps they sucked their way into Burrow, who has the cleanest eval I've ever done. But they nailed it both with him and putting pieces around him. Get him some protection and they're going to be dangerous.

I’m all for it. Fresh blood in the championship and they can have the target on their back next year.

The thing that worries me the most is they will undoubtedly be better next year with and obnoxious amount of cap space.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
For sure , but that won’t make fans feel better. I don’t think Lamar is the problem either , it’s this shitty played out offense we run. Burrow is so good, but i didn’t see him make plays today or last week that Lamar couldn’t pull off.

Absolutely.

I think Lamar is the driving force in why the Ravens had the capability to come back at all.

I'm no Roman defender.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

literally feels like media analysts talk about "generational" talents at QB every few years and yet the 1 year where there genuinely was one you heard nothing because he was only a 1 year wonder

Burrow is literally the definition of a generational prospect - there's a reason the bengals hung up the phone when offered 3 1st rounders + more for the number 1 pick by miami that year

Simba

Staff Member
literally feels like media analysts talk about "generational" talents at QB every few years and yet the 1 year where there genuinely was one you heard nothing because he was only a 1 year wonder

Burrow is literally the definition of a generational prospect - there's a reason the bengals hung up the phone when offered 3 1st rounders + more for the number 1 pick by miami that year

There was legitimately nothing overly negative in his tape. I had to nitpick to find anything there.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Broken record here, but the QB talent in the AFC is ridiculous.
Lamar, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow. Then you have Tua, Lawrence and Zach Wilson, they should all improve.

It's going to be so hard for any one team to be truly dominant in the AFC the next 5 seasons. I don't see anyone hosting 4 straight title games like KC has just done.

The NFC on the other hand is wide open.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Broken record here, but the QB talent in the AFC is ridiculous.
Lamar, Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow. Then you have Tua, Lawrence and Zach Wilson, they should all improve.

It's going to be so hard for any one team to be truly dominant in the AFC the next 5 seasons. I don't see anyone hosting 4 straight title games like KC has just done.

The NFC on the other hand is wide open.

the fact that in the best case scenario - 2 of those 5 AFC QB stars you've talked about will not win their division is wild - someone in the afc south needs to find a quarterback or they will just disappear (again) as a relevant division (i guess the jags hope it's them but lawrence showed in year 1 a lot of the issues that i saw in his college film that made me categorically not think he was a generational talent)

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
the fact that in the best case scenario - 2 of those 5 AFC QB stars you've talked about will not win their division is wild - someone in the afc south needs to find a quarterback or they will just disappear (again) as a relevant division (i guess the jags hope it's them but lawrence showed in year 1 a lot of the issues that i saw in his college film that made me categorically not think he was a generational talent)
I think Lawrence showed the most highs and highest flashes of any of the rookie quarterbacks and will end up the best still.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Lawrence showed the most highs and highest flashes of any of the rookie quarterbacks and will end up the best still.

idk the end of the season for TLaw was pretty bleak - obviously poor circumstances but he showed very little in the 2nd half of the season even after Urban was gone

Wilson was a trainwreck early and flashed a bit at the end of the year but still sucked

Fields was i think the flashiest tbh but never found any sort of consistency with being in and out of the starting lineup for various reasons

Lance has hardly played

Jones has showed off all his strengths but also his limitations showed up in a big way too