• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Eli maybe a douche but his team swept us and made the Superbowl while we sat at home. Not sure were in a position to talk much trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maybe not, but we have 2 SB wins in 2 tries as the Baltimore Ravens and have only been around since 1996, so there is that.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I get what you’re saying but I don’t accept this attitude because this is a Steelers and cowboys fans attitude
Agree with this. Lifetime achievement awards isn't a strong argument. Right now, Bengals are the best team in the AFC, they owned basically everybody in the division badly this year, and nobody in the division as done anything noteworthy in recent history to be talking shit about anything.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Agree with this. Lifetime achievement awards isn't a strong argument. Right now, Bengals are the best team in the AFC, they owned basically everybody in the division badly this year, and nobody in the division as done anything noteworthy in recent history to be talking shit about anything.
Our super bowl was almost a decade ago. I won’t even mention it unless someone brings up rings in an argument and their latest ring came before 2012

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I get what you’re saying but I don’t accept this attitude because this is a Steelers and cowboys fans attitude

Our super bowl was almost a decade ago. I won’t even mention it unless someone brings up rings in an argument and their latest ring came before 2012

...so the the question turns to: why hasn't there been another SB for you guys in the last decade? And as much as I try to restraint it, John Harbaugh holds us back. There is said it. Welcome to the offseason.

btw, I argue it like Rodney and Sam. Welcome to contemporary Ravens' history... I was up to my knees and wins with no championships! ^_^

Say it! Say it!

...Harbaugh. ^_^

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Browns did sweep them which is kind of funny

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just want to see the BenGALS next year.

Can't wait

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Which included a game the Bengals weren't trying to win.
2019 we didn't play our starters in week 17 vs the Steelers and still won. Basically I'm saying, the Bengals didn't want to lose, they just didn't play many starters long. They still lost.

Not taking anything away form them. They were the best team in the AFC this year.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
...so the the question turns to: why hasn't there been another SB for you guys in the last decade? And as much as I try to restraint it, John Harbaugh holds us back. There is said it. Welcome to the offseason.

btw, I argue it like Rodney and Sam. Welcome to contemporary Ravens' history... I was up to my knees and wins with no championships! ^_^

Say it! Say it!

...Harbaugh. ^_^

Well, realistically, because it's super hard to get to these things or even win one. The best franchises in history average about one win per 10 years.

Franchises like the Patriots that win like 6 or 7 in a two decide period are extremely outliers. If you go and look at the Steelers and 49ers, who are historically two of the "gold standard" franchises for lifetime achievements, they're very "batch" heavy. They'll win a couple in a short period, then be irrelevant for decades.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
2019 we didn't play our starters in week 17 vs the Steelers and still won. Basically I'm saying, the Bengals didn't want to lose, they just didn't play many starters long. They still lost.

Not taking anything away form them. They were the best team in the AFC this year.
OK, put another way, they didn't field a roster that day that gave them the maximum chance to win. And they did that intentionally, because they didn't care if they won or not.

Our fanbase routinely credits or discredits wins/losses based on who opponents had in the game or who we didn't have in the game. It's obviously hypocritical to not point that out when it happens to other teams either.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
OK, put another way, they didn't field a roster that day that gave them the maximum chance to win. And they did that intentionally, because they didn't care if they won or not.

Our fanbase routinely credits or discredits wins/losses based on who opponents had in the game or who we didn't have in the game. It's obviously hypocritical to not point that out when it happens to other teams either.
Still got swept by the Browns

JAAM

Hall of Famer