• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
And Ramsey had a really rough postseason and no one is out here pretending he isn't still elite.
Yea but guys have 1 good season and people automatically put them as the best lol. Ramsey has been consistent his whole career.. it dnt matter if he had 300 yards against him in one game

Simba

Staff Member
Yea but guys have 1 good season and people automatically put them as the best lol. Ramsey has been consistent his whole career.. it dnt matter if he had 300 yards against him in one game

Marlon had been plenty consistent up until last year and even his "down" year wasn't that down. But he played really well for us from day 1 and developed into the star he was in 2019 and 2020 because he consistently got better since he came into the league.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Marlon had been plenty consistent up until last year and even his "down" year wasn't that down. But he played really well for us from day 1 and developed into the star he was in 2019 and 2020 because he consistently got better since he came into the league.
Marlon is great.. just dnt think he is elite. That one year he played in slot was some of the best football he has played

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Terrell has had one good season so i cant put him up there..ramsey got “ killed” on fly routes.marlon gets routed up and gets beat by #2 wrs often. white, ramsey and jaire are the most consistent in nfl so far..havent watched howard literally at all so idk. Denzel ward is pretty good also. Marlon isnt consistent enough at all so i cant put him in that elite category.

marlon's super consistent and also plays more spots than any of the other top corners

and idk which number 2 wrs marlon gets routed up by - only 2 randos i can think of who got marlo on big plays in the last 3 years are kalif raymond in that titans divisional round loss and cj uzomah in the bengals game this year

and i think you overestimate how "consistent" the other guys are - jaire was probably the best corner in the nfl in 2020 and then got injured this year, howard's been exceptional the last 2 years but there's a reason he thought he was underpaid going into 2021 and it's because he wasnt playing at that level a couple of years ago - tre white has been great at times and probably outperformed marlon in year 1 and 2 of their careers but he's not taken the next step up since in the way marlon has

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
What’s to say he didn’t realize at the time that it was serious?
I think that's why the normal reaction is to check when someone falls in front of you. I just find his response odd (most likely explained by being drunk). I'm not really sure, but I guess the thing for me is that some people are defending his actions with reasons other than "lol drunk" and it comes off weird.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I think that's why the normal reaction is to check when someone falls in front of you. I just find his response odd (most likely explained by being drunk). I'm not really sure, but I guess the thing for me is that some people are defending his actions with reasons other than "lol drunk" and it comes off weird.
I feel like I'm not really conveying my thoughts well, so I'll just leave it as "peepoweird"

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Bro I couldn't even understand this post.
2zwdSG1d_400x400.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i get it
when im drunk or high and i see someone hurt themselves i go the complete opposite way lol - ive been blind drunk before, then someone's hurt themselves and ive instantly sobered up at the click of a finger and given medical attention lol

it's amazing what adrenaline will do to/for you in situations like that

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
tbf he was part of a pretty good revamped bengals secondary (albeit somewhat helped by that cover 2 type scheme) - i know PFF really loved him - and i imagine there'll be a few teams trying to pay him... he's certainly gonna get more than the 1.5m 1 year deal he got this year - he's only 27 and just had the best season of his career and was trusted (albeit he failed in the biggest spot) against number 1 receivers in critical situations in critical games - i'd be surprised if he got less than 8m from someone (with the bengals cap space i wouldnt be surprised if they were the team to pay him)
I'm not so sure PFF really loved him much at all, especially in coverage. I watched him a lot this year and didn't think he was that great at all. Sure he had some good games, but he's far from a good corner. I seem to remember a stretch in the middle of the season that was pretty good, but that's about it.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I'm not so sure PFF really loved him much at all, especially in coverage. I watched him a lot this year and didn't think he was that great at all. Sure he had some good games, but he's far from a good corner. I seem to remember a stretch in the middle of the season that was pretty good, but that's about it.
He never been a good cb in nfl. Im confused to why he even talks like he does

he doesnt get killed a lot - he had like 1 bad half of 1 game against the bengals and like 75 of the 200 yards attributed to him in coverage that game came because of 1 missed tackle in the short area...

and if your bar for an elite corner is that they never get killed even when left 1v1 vs the best WRs in the league then im not sure there's a single elite corner in the league... just look at the supposed best corner in the league and how he got killed by chase in the superbowl only last weekend lol...

im fairly confident there's only maybe 4 or 5 corners even in the same conversation as marlon...
ramsey
alexander
howard
terrell
white

cant think of any others who might be in the same league as marlon

How you gonna forget my man Bobby Jackson?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why such bravado and callousness for a woman photographer that was hurt badly trying to take a picture? This isn't about no fucking 'cancel culture' folks. It is about our humanity! Is being nonchalant about another's suffering somehow in vogue now? Does using the label of 'cancel culture' absolve all of us from caring about fellow human beings? This isn't about labels at all. This is about who we are as Americans and what we're choosing to be instead, just to feel like we belong to the anti-cancel culture crowd? What am I missing here? I know all forum members have good hearts, but to pretend like you don't give a shit about another American is just wrong. Let us get past this labeling nonsense and get together to at least show concern.
For me, the part you're missing is that any action he takes is purely "for show". There's nothing he can do for her. It's not like she's being gang beaten by a bunch of thugs and he has the ability to stop the abuse from continuing. She fell off a stage, there were people below that could "help" or do whatever quicker than he could, and it's probably not in his best interest to jump off like a 6 foot stage or whatever it was just to pretend to care for somebody he doesn't.

Frankly, for her, she benefited from him doing what he did. Now he's volunteering to help pay for medical bills that he was, in no way, shape, or form, obligated or liable to do, just because it boosts his PR. That doesn't happen unless a rich guy is involved.

There are instances in society where people can realistically help and choose not to, and its concerning. This isn't close to that in my opinion.