• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
OK so now we're at the point where we're using social media to judge celebrities based on our arbitrary thought process of "well I would have done this in that moment".

And this is where the public loses me at so many levels...
The fk are you talking about .. you always going the extra mile with shyt.. got dam relax sometimes.. i know you dislike human beings but dam just take it easy. Nobody here trying to hurt your ass

D1City55

Pro Bowler
weve been pretty consistently great with 1st rounders and especially since 2016... the only misstep since then was Hayden hurst

and we’ve probably only missed on 3 total 1st rounders since like 2005... that’s pretty good

we’ve sucked at 2nd rounders for sure - but we’ve also only had 1 of those since we picked Correa in 2017 and that was JK Dobbins (the easiest way not to suck at 2nd rounders is not to have any lol)

what we need to do is find value after round 3 which we’ve been struggling with since the crazy 2018 draft (there’s still a chance we find more significant contributions from the 2020 and 2021 groups but no obvious starters like we’ve found in the past on day 3)
Prior to 2016 we really haven't been all that great, I was really counting those years but after 2015 the team has done well. I personally feel that our 2010-2015 Draft bombs contributed a great deal to our down 2015-2017 alongside some poor contracts.

But tell you what, everyone talks about the 2018 draft, but not enough people talk about the 2016 draft, that's when the team really started to hit on the draft because we got so many studs there.

That said, I really like our 2021 draft, that class has a lot of potential.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I KNOW THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, but it was a little funny to think about. Imagine if American football was like regular football and there were teams that actually got relegated at the end of the season for being bad and teams from a secondary league would get promoted.

I won't even begin to go on about why that's ridiculous, but it would certainly be an anti tanking strategy lol

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stafford really watched a photographer fall and then told his wife to help her as he walked away... wtf. Apparently she fractured her spine when she fell.

OOF. That is not a good look. He was like "not my fucking problem...OH LOOK A SQUIRREL!"

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Prior to 2016 we really haven't been all that great, I was really counting those years but after 2015 the team has done well. I personally feel that our 2010-2015 Draft bombs contributed a great deal to our down 2015-2017 alongside some poor contracts.

But tell you what, everyone talks about the 2018 draft, but not enough people talk about the 2016 draft, that's when the team really started to hit on the draft because we got so many studs there.

i mean... 2016 was ok - we got 3 starters - albeit high-level starters and some rotational players but i wouldnt exactly say they started anything... we were consistently finding 2-4 starters in most draft classes before that - we just happened to have had 2 (maybe 3) poor drafting years in a row with a couple of high-profile missed 1st rounders

2018 was franchise altering - and not just because of lamar... 6 starters + 3 starters for other teams all in 1 class is outrageous - there's a reason everyone talks about the 2018 class - it's one of the best draft classes in recent NFL history regardless of organisation

D1City55

Pro Bowler
i mean... 2016 was ok - we got 3 starters - albeit high-level starters and some rotational players but i wouldnt exactly say they started anything... we were consistently finding 2-4 starters in most draft classes before that - we just happened to have had 2 (maybe 3) poor drafting years in a row with a couple of high-profile missed 1st rounders

2018 was franchise altering - and not just because of lamar... 6 starters + 3 starters for other teams all in 1 class is outrageous - there's a reason everyone talks about the 2018 class - it's one of the best draft classes in recent NFL history regardless of organisation
Any draft where you can get an All Pro LT is a massive W to me. Tavon Young in 2018 was one of the best slot CBs in the league and Judon was a hit also. Stanley and Judon were definitely massive contributors to that 2019 Ravens team and we would not be as good without them.

2018 was franchise-altering, I agree, but 2016 IMO is where the team began the turnaround, it dominates a draft like 2019 for example which is looking to be a pretty mediocre class.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

many of those poor contracts were in direct relationship to those draft bombs that you mentioned

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Def not wrong at all.. good cb for sure though.he gets killed alot but you guys dnt see that because we are all biased when it comes to our team players.. not consistent enough for the elite status imo.
You do the same but opposite though. You’re overly critical on ravens players because you watch them every week, the more hype a player gets, the worse you shit on them for their bad plays.

like we all have seen it lol. You have a particular disdain for Humphrey, Elliott, and Clark, and it’s likely because secondary failures just look particularly bad on screen, they stand out more, guys are on and island and when they fail they give up six.

players all over the field fail at a way higher rate than Humphrey does, they just aren’t put in a position where their failures jump off the screen for everyone to see

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
too bad cancel culture is at a all time high. Bet the basement dwellers gonna come out for this one.

I doubt he gets cancelled but c'mon. A young lady takes a spill in front of you and you just "I never saw anything" it? I bet you in hindsight he feels like an asshole lol. I have no real feeling in this other than I would have certainly tried to show concern.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Def not wrong at all.. good cb for sure though.he gets killed alot but you guys dnt see that because we are all biased when it comes to our team players.. not consistent enough for the elite status imo.

he doesnt get killed a lot - he had like 1 bad half of 1 game against the bengals and like 75 of the 200 yards attributed to him in coverage that game came because of 1 missed tackle in the short area...

and if your bar for an elite corner is that they never get killed even when left 1v1 vs the best WRs in the league then im not sure there's a single elite corner in the league... just look at the supposed best corner in the league and how he got killed by chase in the superbowl only last weekend lol...

im fairly confident there's only maybe 4 or 5 corners even in the same conversation as marlon...
ramsey
alexander
howard
terrell
white

cant think of any others who might be in the same league as marlon

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I doubt he gets cancelled but c'mon. A young lady takes a spill in front of you and you just "I never saw anything" it? I bet you in hindsight he feels like an asshole lol. I have no real feeling in this other than I would have certainly tried to show concern.
Ain’t nobody worried about that hoe

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Any decent human would be worried if someone fell like that. But shoot, if I was him and I finally won a Super Bowl.. I’m so freakin faded, I’m probably using all my concentration and energy on trying to keep myself from throwing up or blacking out. I won’t be in the right state of mind to help anyone else out. That’s why the wifey is there. Go handle it

Simba

Staff Member
he doesnt get killed a lot - he had like 1 bad half of 1 game against the bengals and like 75 of the 200 yards attributed to him in coverage that game came because of 1 missed tackle in the short area...

and if your bar for an elite corner is that they never get killed even when left 1v1 vs the best WRs in the league then im not sure there's a single elite corner in the league... just look at the supposed best corner in the league and how he got killed by chase in the superbowl only last weekend lol...

im fairly confident there's only maybe 4 or 5 corners even in the same conversation as marlon...
ramsey
alexander
howard
terrell
white

cant think of any others who might be in the same league as marlon

And Ramsey had a really rough postseason and no one is out here pretending he isn't still elite.