• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i just dont think he'll get volume in this defence either - at least not as a pass rusher - if he gets any snaps it's most likely going to be as a base EDGE on running downs to spell whoever needs a few snaps off... basically he's got a chance to earn some of McPhee's snaps from 2022 but I also think that a lot of those missing snaps will be taken up by Hayes and I fully expect Houston to return - remember that he didnt even get snaps last year with half the team on I/R
Yeah you right lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What one game would you show someone as their introduction to Lamar Jackson?

basically any game in 2019 after the bye...

- the destruction of the Pats under the lights
- the spin and the perfect passer rating against the bengals
- the decimation of the texans
- the domination and 5 td passes against the Rams in primetime
- (probably skip the 49ers and bills games albeit he was great in those ones too and in tough conditions against the 49ers)
- the dismantling of the jets and the game he broke the rushing record
- the 2-minutes to end the 1st half against the browns with 2 TDs including an outrageous jump pass as he's being hit with perfect ball placement lol

the 2020 browns toilet game could be a good one too

or some of the 2021 comeback games:
- the chiefs
- the colts
- the vikings

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
All of 2019 was great, but my kids were just starting to get into the Ravens again after a 3-4 year lull, AND understanding the game more. That Bengals game and the spin is something they still talk about. All of that season was fun to watch... except the end. ;)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The doodoo break

The colts comeback

2019 cardinals

2019 pats

I wanna show folks how he goes shot for shot against quality competition and puts the team on his back in tight games. Complete team Blowouts just don’t quite show the real Lamar Jackson.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Has one idiotic media pundit ever considered this stat? Each of them thinks it's fashionable to say that even if Lamar isn't a great thrower of the ball, he is still a great playmaker. I'm talking about ex-player pundits too! It is blasphemous that these people just regurgitate the same tired, unresearched narrative of the NFL regarding Lamar Jackson. It is really tiresome when they undermine his passing skills but still praise him to the skies. In my mind, it doesn't absolve them of their idiotic stand. Remember in 2019, he was by far the most efficient passer in the league, I mean historically efficient, yet, not a peep about his passing but all the accolades about his 1250 yds rushing! Frustrating, especially to a father.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
wonder if he is using the same attorney that Robert Kraft used.
I wouldn't be surprised, but I think he is using one of the really famous ones from Texas who has represented and won for Rudy Tomjonavich (ex player and HC in the NBA), Warren Moon, etc. I doubt he is Kraft's lawyer too! I don't know though.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wouldn't be surprised, but I think he is using one of the really famous ones from Texas who has represented and won for Rudy Tomjonavich (ex player and HC in the NBA), Warren Moon, etc. I doubt he is Kraft's lawyer too! I don't know though.
I doubt it also, just made the comment.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lmao I knew he wouldn't like this when I saw it in the trailer