• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It's all context though. 0% of Ravens fans think the Ravens have won that trade SO FAR, because Stanley didn't play last year, our Tackle play was a joke, and Oweh was just a rookie who was good but unspectacular.
So people that are evaluating that trade NOW would say the Chiefs obviously won it, which is correct.
Whether that holds up for the next 3-5 years, or not, remains to be seen. That's why ignoring people on social media is so great. People just want to be right NOW, because nobody will call them out for being wrong later.
that trade was a fair trade for both teams all around. IMO no one won that trade. We basically had to trade Orland Brown, Jr and received more than fair value, while the Chiefs wanted and needed to improve their OL. I placed absolutely no value on Stanley not playing last year.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day. I have discovered Pineapple High Noons. Never been a huge fan of the seltzer kick but damn those are good

redrum52

Hall of Famer
It's all context though. 0% of Ravens fans think the Ravens have won that trade SO FAR, because Stanley didn't play last year, our Tackle play was a joke, and Oweh was just a rookie who was good but unspectacular.
So people that are evaluating that trade NOW would say the Chiefs obviously won it, which is correct.
Whether that holds up for the next 3-5 years, or not, remains to be seen. That's why ignoring people on social media is so great. People just want to be right NOW, because nobody will call them out for being wrong later.

I was fine with the regardless of Stanley's situation. We weren't paying him and got ended up getting us an athletic edge. Actually been a fan of the trade especially when applying that Chiefs either have to pay up or explain giving up a 1 for a 1 year rental.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Imo the deal was even and still is.. dnt matter if oweh ends up hof or a bum, kc has no control over who we draft or how we develop players.. only way a either team could lose or win the deal is if orland brown ends up being terrible… which he likely wont. It really just comes down to on if brown was worth the pick we got for him

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I was fine with the regardless of Stanley's situation. We weren't paying him and got ended up getting us an athletic edge. Actually been a fan of the trade especially when applying that Chiefs either have to pay up or explain giving up a 1 for a 1 year rental.
Oh yea i didnt think about the 1 yr rental part

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Imo the deal was even and still is.. dnt matter if oweh ends up hof or a bum, kc has no control over who we draft or how we develop players.. only way a either team could lose or win the deal is if orland brown ends up being terrible… which he likely wont. It really just comes down to on if brown was worth the pick we got for him

The other important part of this trade and the Hollywood trade is the team realized they weren't going to be able to re-sign them OR didn't have a desire to and dealt them when they still had good value. It's something that sets EDC apart from others. Altho with the two WR trades before Hollywood, it would seem that other GM's are also moving in that direction.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Rodgers has got to be one of the greatest playoff disappointments. So many GB choke jobs

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
1654093252964.png

Lamar REALLLLLLLYYYYYY needs to play better against PIT so I don't have to have my Steelers friends constantly remind me of this shit.