• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Taylor Lewan arguing with a Steelers fan that Myles > TJ Watt. Around the 4 minute mark, he calls out PFF for accepting money to boost scores.

this would make me so frustrated, and you can see Lewan literally say out loud how annoying it is that this discussion was happening - your job is literally to study these guys, prepare for them and play against them and you're giving all these well-thought-out points about why one player is better than another using nuanced points about style, traits and scheme and this guy is just shouting at you about sacks and TFLs and PFF grades

it both does and doesnt surprise me that guys would pay 50k to boost their scores

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
advanced stats are a great tool but they're not the be-all-end-all

and ints and tfls arent advanced stats anyway lol
Yea i know its not but those guys are pff correct? im just assuming thats all they do is use adv stats to back up arguments cause i read pff in the reply

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I like Harbs but I feel like loyalty to his coordinators is his biggest flaw. I just don't think our offense and Lamar can evolve under Roman. Same shit happened in SF. Niner fans around here hated Roman too for the same reasons. Fuck "continuity". I want Lamar to grow and be best version of himself. That's not gonna be with Roman

Has Lamar Jackson truly mastered Greg Roman offense from a passing stand point? We all saw this guy play hero ball so much that he would totally ignore easy plays that were available to him,we all know that he didn't seem to get better at making those throws outside of the numbers until last year, we all saw his throwing mechanics go from hot during the early part of the season to cold as the season went on, and etc. We love to talk about Roman's situation with The 49ers which wasn't just his first 3 season ever as a coordinator at The NFL but honestly I think Colin Kaepernick was probably little further along as a passer than Lamar Jackson at the time.

Kaepernick was more willing to make those outside the numbers type throws than Jackson. Honestly how can we all know that Lamar Jackson needs to get better as a passer and be more consistent with his throwing mechanics which he hasn't been since 2019 but feel like Roman offense is holding him back?. Honestly I think we just need to be more offense with ourselves. We want The Raven offense to be like a Tesla instead maybe a Toyota. Y'all want it to be flashier or should I saw more passing oriented because a smash mouth or run first offense is boring

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Has Lamar Jackson truly mastered Greg Roman offense from a passing stand point? We all saw this guy play hero ball so much that he would totally ignore easy plays that were available to him,we all know that he didn't seem to get better at making those throws outside of the numbers until last year, we all saw his throwing mechanics go from hot during the early part of the season to cold as the season went on, and etc. We love to talk about Roman's situation with The 49ers which wasn't just his first 3 season ever as a coordinator at The NFL but honestly I think Colin Kaepernick was probably little further along as a passer than Lamar Jackson at the time.

Kaepernick was more willing to make those outside the numbers type throws than Jackson. Honestly how can we all know that Lamar Jackson needs to get better as a passer and be more consistent with his throwing mechanics which he hasn't been since 2019 but feel like Roman offense is holding him back?. Honestly I think we just need to be more offense with ourselves. We want The Raven offense to be like a Tesla instead maybe a Toyota. Y'all want it to be flashier or should I saw more passing oriented because a smash mouth or run first offense is boring
im cool for smash mouth football… its just when the time comes, which it always does… will we be able to pass ourselves out of situations when its time..even in 2019 though jackson mechanics were off some imo.right now, he is a much better passer than 2019, the mf just ignores dump offs or the easy yards for some reason