• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
So sad for his family. If they had no idea, they have to be a mess.

Things are very dangerous out there now. Who knows what's in stuff that comes off the streets.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I sympathize with all of the people who became addicted to drugs. While I never did the stuff like heroin/coke/xanax/etc, I am a definite alcoholic. I can't seem to stop the stuff. I can go several days without it, but it comes right back like a flood, and I can never drink just one. I hate it. I've started hating myself for it to be completely honest. Hiding stuff from my family, lying, doing whatever I can to get a "fix"

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every institution that has attempted to educate and prevent drug abuse has failed miserably. DARE was an absolute joke, scare tactics that faded by the time these kids got to high school. Then there’s the whole incarcerating the everloving fuck out of people who have undiagnosed mental illness which fuels an addictive lifestyle, and making sure these people don’t integrate back into society by putting them through parole and giving them records which prevents employment.

Literally everything has failed, and it’s easy to see why, because their plans were fucking stupid to begin with.

War on drugs… fucking please. Yeah let’s militarize those who are paid by our tax dollars to protect and serve, and wage war on an ideology that attacks some of our most vulnerable people.
Its a complicated issue. Seems we started on one end of the spectrum with Nixon's "War on Drugs". Now were on the complete opposite end with local governments allocating resources to keep people addicted/on the streets while calling it "compassion".

Would be nice if we could apply a little common sense...... might save some lives.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am just filled with sadness and despondency after hearing the news of this young man's death. He is totally unrelated and I've never even seen him in person other than in training camp perhaps. But, his death still tugs at my heart because I have a son just a couple of years older than him. When young people die ahead of their time, it is heartbreaking because they had so much to look forward to. This man had the potential to make millions of dollars, seemed to have loved his young family, and has two little babies that'll learn to grow up without a father. It is just heartbreaking regardless of the cause of his death.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I sympathize with all of the people who became addicted to drugs. While I never did the stuff like heroin/coke/xanax/etc, I am a definite alcoholic. I can't seem to stop the stuff. I can go several days without it, but it comes right back like a flood, and I can never drink just one. I hate it. I've started hating myself for it to be completely honest. Hiding stuff from my family, lying, doing whatever I can to get a "fix"
I feel for you, my friend. You shall overcome if you believe. Just believe.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I’m here if you ever need someone to just listen bro

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am just filled with sadness and despondency after hearing the news of this young man's death. He is totally unrelated and I've never even seen him in person other than in training camp perhaps. But, his death still tugs at my heart because I have a son just a couple of years older than him. When young people die ahead of their time, it is heartbreaking because they had so much to look forward to. This man had the potential to make millions of dollars, seemed to have loved his young family, and has two little babies that'll learn to grow up without a father. It is just heartbreaking regardless of the cause of his death.
This is why I have honest conversations with my daughter about substances. I'm not perfect, I did dumb shit in high school and college, and I want her to know that. I don't want to be some overbearing parent that is above reproach. Hopefully shell talk to me before letting some D bag peer pressure into something stupid like drug use that could kill her.

JAAM

Hall of Famer