• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
In regards to Wolfe I really have no problem with his situation. Bro got a wife and kids and may have sustained a injury that could possibly have him retiring sooner than he ever expected. Him trying to secure some form of payment throughout this makes sense to me. When he played for the team he didn't seem like nothing but a hard worker. We living in times where prices of food, gas, and etc keep going up. Man Wolfe get your money and I don't any of the players feel differently.

Hell no. He’s a freaking ass.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Well that's your opinion but I don't question a man trying to secure the bag . It's not like he faked his injury
Are we sure? His bitch ass was holding a gd bear over his head

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Are we sure? His bitch ass was holding a gd bear over his head

It's quite possible that he could have reinjured his hip again after that post or even before the post was even made .Dennis Pitta is a perfect example in regards to reoccurring hip injuries.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
You know there was a lot of talk about how good Likely looked in minicamp. We didn't hear much about Kolar , the other rookie TE.

Anyone have some info on his performance?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
My guess is they would've gone to arbitration where Wolfe would have been penalized even more than his guaranteed money (guessing here). In either case, with the evidence against Wolfe in terms of the timing of his surgeries, him carrying a 300 lb bear on his back just a couple of weeks before his second surgery was stacked against him. He'd have lost. So, I guess he was eager to settle for an injury settlement. My honest guess is perhaps 100K to 200K from the Ravens.
Yeah I think that's way, way, way too low. I believe his base salary was $2M if I recall. Don't see why the injury settlement wouldn't be at least like 50% of that.
I'd be its closer to like $1-1.5M. Wolfe had all the leverage. An arbitrator would rule for him, because he'd just trot out like a half dozen doctors who would say he's not cleared to play football right now, and the Ravens can't contractually cut him if he's injured unless he agrees to it.

And I seriously doubt Wolfe took 10 cents on the dollar to not play.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
In regards to Wolfe I really have no problem with his situation. Bro got a wife and kids and may have sustained a injury that could possibly have him retiring sooner than he ever expected. Him trying to secure some form of payment throughout this makes sense to me. When he played for the team he didn't seem like nothing but a hard worker. We living in times where prices of food, gas, and etc keep going up. Man Wolfe get your money and I don't any of the players feel differently.
LOL, he's got $51M in career earnings. Food, gas isn't a concern. His family has generational wealth, i.e. his kids probably never have to work a day in their lives if he manages his money right.
It's not a cost issue. It's that everybody is out for themselves. Ravens want max production for the least amount of money possible, players want min production for the most amount of money possible.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
They're playing the 17 Ravens Steelers game. Fuck Jeremy Maclin.

Also, both coordinators seemed to get scared when we got a decent lead.
yeah I saw that last week. I believe this is the game we all started really hating Maclin.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
LOL, he's got $51M in career earnings. Food, gas isn't a concern. His family has generational wealth, i.e. his kids probably never have to work a day in their lives if he manages his money right.
It's not a cost issue. It's that everybody is out for themselves. Ravens want max production for the least amount of money possible, players want min production for the most amount of money possible.
Not all players want it like that but i get what youre trying to say

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Those career earnings are bs and people always leave out taxes and agents. Yes, it's still more than normal people will ever see, but we don't know his cost of living due to the wear and tear of the league. I've never been a fan of pocket watching. Never understood how people would judge players for trying to maximize their value while also never trying to hold owners and the FO to the same standard.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Those career earnings are bs and people always leave out taxes and agents. Yes, it's still more than normal people will ever see, but we don't know his cost of living due to the wear and tear of the league. I've never been a fan of pocket watching. Never understood how people would judge players for trying to maximize their value while also never trying to hold owners and the FO to the same standard.
AMEN!!