• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

redrum52

Hall of Famer
To be fair, Baker is better than Darnold which makes them better at the QB position immediately. If Baker is fully recovered from his injury and can return to 2020 form, he can definitely change Carolina. Dude got Cleveland their first playoff win since 2002, Baker must be doing something right. I'm rooting for him, hope he makes the Browns look like fools.

look at that 2020 schedule
Browns roster is a LOT better than Carolina's. I don't think Baker is a material upgrade over Darnold at this stage. Realistically, they both have about the same pedigree at this point.

he's better but don't not enough to see a signicant improvement at the position
Did I hear right, all Cleveland is getting is a fifth round pick in 2024 in return?

Inflation...

@Sizzle he's worked with much better rosters too

Biff Tannen

Practice Squad
To be fair, Baker is better than Darnold which makes them better at the QB position immediately. If Baker is fully recovered from his injury and can return to 2020 form, he can definitely change Carolina. Dude got Cleveland their first playoff win since 2002, Baker must be doing something right. I'm rooting for him, hope he makes the Browns look like fools.
Fair enough pal. Baker should be better than Darnold, but with that offense its gonna be a struggle and that's why I started laughing when they started talking about how he will make them a 12 plus win team etc etc.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Did I hear right, all Cleveland is getting is a fifth round pick in 2024 in return?

Yep and last year they gave up three picks for Darnold, a 2021 6th Round Pick, 2nd & 4th Round Picks in 2022. They gave up 4 picks in the past two years to acquire the first overall pick in 2018 and the third overall pick in 2018. I will say that the Bills and us won the 2018 Draft by taking Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson while both the Browns & Jets are already on to new quarterbacks.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Fair enough pal. Baker should be better than Darnold, but with that offense its gonna be a struggle and that's why I started laughing when they started talking about how he will make them a 12 plus win team etc etc.
That offense isnt bad at all though… i like panthers roster.. defense probably the most talented and athletic but them mfs not winning no 12 games

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That offense isnt bad at all though… i like panthers roster.. defense probably the most talented and athletic but them mfs not winning no 12 games

They put a lot of offseason work into revamping their OL - they’ve got a decent looking set of personnel on offence - nothing I’d mark as particularly special but a solid group

Which is miles better than last year’s version

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
They put a lot of offseason work into revamping their OL - they’ve got a decent looking set of personnel on offence - nothing I’d mark as particularly special but a solid group

Which is miles better than last year’s version

Don't sleep on DJ