• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Just got around to the Andrews studio 44. They're so tough to get through because of Marlon, but I love seeing the guests. Bateman, Odafe, Bisciotti etc.

Long story short, Andrews is such a nice guy and loves being a Raven. One of my favorite guys behind Lamar.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Why does everyone hate on Marlon?
He does it to himself lol. Marlon is unapologetically goofy, has weird takes on standard things and then sets himself up to be the butt of jokes. It's just his personality. He's a nice dude, just a little strange.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
He does it to himself lol. Marlon is unapologetically goofy, has weird takes on standard things and then sets himself up to be the butt of jokes. It's just his personality. He's a nice dude, just a little strange.

Maybe he likes being the butt of jokes lol, making people laugh at him

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i love him lol

but i think you're right that he's just a bit weird - i think he just does stuff and isn't the most self-aware - maybe a touch of "main-character syndrome"

what you cannot doubt is that he works hard - he decided he was interested in media stuff, went to the nfl network media bootcamp to learn as much as he could, made a couple of podcast appearances and some connections nationally and then like a month later had already talked the ravens into hosting his own show on their official channels and convinced the most high profile of his teammates and organisational personnel to go on it (only really lamar and MP missing so far) including bisciotti who by all accounts has shied away from media appearances the last few years

he's corny and weird and i think he misses tonally sometimes - but my word is he effective lol

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i love him lol

but i think you're right that he's just a bit weird - i think he just does stuff and isn't the most self-aware - maybe a touch of "main-character syndrome"

what you cannot doubt is that he works hard - he decided he was interested in media stuff, went to the nfl network media bootcamp to learn as much as he could, made a couple of podcast appearances and some connections nationally and then like a month later had already talked the ravens into hosting his own show on their official channels and convinced the most high profile of his teammates and organisational personnel to go on it (only really lamar and MP missing so far) including bisciotti who by all accounts has shied away from media appearances the last few years

he's corny and weird and i think he misses tonally sometimes - but my word is he effective lol
Agree with all of this!

Simba

Staff Member
Marlon is an enigma. Strange dude who oozes personality on the camera, but he's anti-social when he's away from the team and the cameras.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Just got around to the Andrews studio 44. They're so tough to get through because of Marlon, but I love seeing the guests. Bateman, Odafe, Bisciotti etc.

Long story short, Andrews is such a nice guy and loves being a Raven. One of my favorite guys behind Lamar.
Andrews is OG status by now in ravens lore. He’s already my all time favorite ravens TE by miles. He’s a nice guy but he’s an animal on the field, probably the most fiery player we have on offense.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Andrews is OG status by now in ravens lore. He’s already my all time favorite ravens TE by miles. He’s a nice guy but he’s an animal on the field, probably the most fiery player we have on offense.
Damn you like Mark even more than Todd?

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn you like Mark even more than Todd?

I’m wondering about ages here when it comes to that discussion… I’d venture to say the younger fans (between 20-25, maybe 30) would definitely go for Andrews, while the older fans would go for Heap. Obviously that could be off due to recency bias