• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Tank

Hall of Famer
Idek what streets I was on when I was tailgating lol. Last game I went to I got a tailgate pass for bmore around town and it was awesome, buffet and all you can drink, it was pouring rain but it didn’t bother us. Me and my wife were out there drunk and stoned and dancing our asses off lol
It’s the lots NW of the stadium, back in the warehouses.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was watching Edgar's Youtube on Bozeman and Linderbaum at Center. Edgar mentioned that Bozeman looked good but damn can Linderbaum move and get to the next block level. Very impressed. I don't know who Edgar is but man he puts up some very high quality analysis of the Ravens schemes.
Edgar is a member of this board

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just wait for the sad day when we are noncompetitive for a stretch. We had 3 straight years of .500 or less and our stadium couldn’t fill seats.

I’m a Baltimore native, I’m pretty sure the majority of our fanbase is no more loyal than any other, we haven’t been tested, and I also know from listening to 105.7 callers that our local fanbase isn’t rational at all.

A quarter of our fans would jump ship if Lamar was traded, a quarter of them would stop watching if we fell into a few years of disarray.

That said, I’d be shocked if any stadium had a better gameday experience, the bank has an incredible atmosphere, before during and after games, and a lot of that is due to the fans, they do it big.
and I can compare this to crapex field. The game day experience in Baltimore is no doubt the best, while crapex field has to be the worst.

Having Billick and Harbaugh, while having Newsome and EDC and great owners is the reason why we are so competitive. Harbaugh is a great coach and I hope he stays the Ravens coach for a very very long time. He's not perfect, but he's a great leader and the players respect him.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Heap was the man. Pitta had my heart.

Mark is the one

Man did I love Pitta

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
and I can compare this to crapex field. The game day experience in Baltimore is no doubt the best, while crapex field has to be the worst.

Having Billick and Harbaugh, while having Newsome and EDC and great owners is the reason why we are so competitive. Harbaugh is a great coach and I hope he stays the Ravens coach for a very very long time. He's not perfect, but he's a great leader and the players respect him.
My skins fan stepdad took me to a game at fedex, the tailgating was weak as fuck, it’s in a big open field of nothing and all the tailgating happens in the lot surrounding the stadium, the stadium is a shithole, the halls feel so small, the only fun part was the gogo band in the halls after the game and an eagles fan yelling “redskins suck monkey ass” as we were leaving

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
My skins fan stepdad took me to a game at fedex, the tailgating was weak as fuck, it’s in a big open field of nothing and all the tailgating happens in the lot surrounding the stadium, the stadium is a shithole, the halls feel so small, the only fun part was the gogo band in the halls after the game and an eagles fan yelling “redskins suck monkey ass” as we were leaving
there is one section with the Extremeskins tailgate that tends to be very large and a few other areas as well, but that's about it. Not talking about the field though, as it's in the green lot.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm watching an NFC East Roundtable and the host posed a couple of questions to the rest of the roundtable that I think could be a good discussion in this thread for our beloved Ravens:

1. Which under-the-radar player do you think will step up in a big way?
2. Which player has to show something this year or you're basically done with them?

And let's make it one player from offense and one from defense.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I'm watching an NFC East Roundtable and the host posed a couple of questions to the rest of the roundtable that I think could be a good discussion in this thread for our beloved Ravens:

2. Which player has to show something this year or you're basically done with them?

Do we really have any under the radar guys? could say browser but he is coming off an injury so thats not hopeful.. maybe hayes or poche? Would hayes even considered under the radar since he never really showcased much?
Patrick queen and madikube are def the two that gotta show us something this year…

rossihunter2

Staff Member

hard to work out who counts as "under the radar" - does madubuike count given how quiet it's been around him?

if not then im looking at the same 2 dudes as @Deebo813 - Daelin Hayes and James Proche - they both find themselves at the nexus of opportunity and talent... both have flashed in very limited opportunities and now have the chance to cement themselves as important parts of this team

ill throw in Tyre Phillips too - finally focusing at just LG - maybe he finally gets the opportunity to hone his craft and we can have that big dominating presence at LG - would be doubly helpful if Tyre steps up if Ronnie's not quite ready to go or not fully himself to start the year

Tyre also fits that second question - ive been holding up that candle for him for 2 years already - with everything set up well for him this year, he has to show out this year (or at least lockdown that starting spot for good) or else it's over

not sure there's any other guys who fit that second question - Jaylon Ferguson would have fit there probably too... maybe Malik Harrison

redrum52

Hall of Famer
hard to work out who counts as "under the radar" - does madubuike count given how quiet it's been around him?

if not then im looking at the same 2 dudes as @Deebo813 - Daelin Hayes and James Proche - they both find themselves at the nexus of opportunity and talent... both have flashed in very limited opportunities and now have the chance to cement themselves as important parts of this team

ill throw in Tyre Phillips too - finally focusing at just LG - maybe he finally gets the opportunity to hone his craft and we can have that big dominating presence at LG - would be doubly helpful if Tyre steps up if Ronnie's not quite ready to go or not fully himself to start the year

Tyre also fits that second question - ive been holding up that candle for him for 2 years already - with everything set up well for him this year, he has to show out this year (or at least lockdown that starting spot for good) or else it's over

not sure there's any other guys who fit that second question - Jaylon Ferguson would have fit there probably too... maybe Malik Harrison
This is exactly what I was thinking minus Hayes. No one is really under the radar to me. We all know who we want to step up.

Random but the team was polled asking who was most likely to draw a red card and consensus seemed to be Madubuike. Small but good to hear he has that dog in him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

1. Patrick queen, Brandon Stephens, Justin madubuike

2. Tyre phillips, devin duvernay, malik Harrison