• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
NFL announces new streaming service..... about time. Only for Phone and Tablet, no TV App? It's 2022 and you would think this would be the NFL version of Netflix where we can watch any game, any season, any Super Bowl anytime we want.

With NFL+, fans can take their game on the go. NFL+ offers access to live out-of-market preseason games, live local and primetime regular season and postseason games (phone and tablet only), live local and national audio for every game, NFL Network shows on-demand, NFL Films archives and more.

Provided below is a breakdown of the NFL+ and NFL+ Premium products:
  • NFL+
    • Live local and primetime games on mobile and tablet devices
    • Live out-of-market preseason games across all devices
    • Live game audio (home, away and national calls) for every game of the season
    • NFL library programming on-demand (ad-free)
    • $4.99/month or $39.99/year
  • NFL+ Premium (includes features of product formerly known as NFL Game Pass)
    • All features of NFL+
    • Full game replays across devices (ad-free)
    • Condensed game replays across devices (ad-free)
    • Coaches Film including All-22 (ad-free)
    • $9.99/month or $79.99/year

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
NFL announces new streaming service..... about time. Only for Phone and Tablet, no TV App? It's 2022 and you would think this would be the NFL version of Netflix where we can watch any game, any season, any Super Bowl anytime we want.

I would pay good money to just get Ravens games.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

So, mobile-only and you can't get out-of-market games? Guess I'm still illegally streaming lmao

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So, mobile-only and you can't get out-of-market games? Guess I'm still illegally streaming lmao
Either Apple or Amazon will buy Sunday Ticket then we’ll be able to stream on the TV. I’ve been bootlegging DirecTV for years and the quality is such shit lol. Thank god I have both Amazon and Apple

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Actually, I'm confused. Is DirecTV running the show for this upcoming season?

According to PFT, "...That’s the only thing that’s known at this point; after 2022, DirecTV is out. At some point during the 2022 season, we’ll find out who will be in come 2023."

Plus I got an email from DirecTV last week saying that they'll renew my subscription for this upcoming season or I need to cancel by 9/10/22. Do I have endure their shitty streaming for one more season?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

According to PFT, "...That’s the only thing that’s known at this point; after 2022, DirecTV is out. At some point during the 2022 season, we’ll find out who will be in come 2023."

Plus I got an email from DirecTV last week saying that they'll renew my subscription for this upcoming season or I need to cancel by 9/10/22. Do I have endure their shitty streaming for one more season?
Directv has Sunday ticket for 2022 season. They're out after that.

It's going to a streaming service (NFL has confirmed that) but unknown which one. Also, sounds like based on how the recent TV contracts stipulate, there won't be a sharp decrease in pricing for it either. So the hopes of like Amazon or Apple bundling it for cheap won't be happening, at least in the short term.

So even through a streaming service, it'll still cost like $200-300 or more per season for the short term. And I've seen nothing to suggest the NFL is currently interested "paying for one teams game" plans.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Directv has Sunday ticket for 2022 season. They're out after that.

It's going to a streaming service (NFL has confirmed that) but unknown which one. Also, sounds like based on how the recent TV contracts stipulate, there won't be a sharp decrease in pricing for it either. So the hopes of like Amazon or Apple bundling it for cheap won't be happening, at least in the short term.

So even through a streaming service, it'll still cost like $200-300 or more per season for the short term. And I've seen nothing to suggest the NFL is currently interested "paying for one teams game" plans.
That’s what I feared. Fuck. And honestly, to me, I don’t mind the price. Being in California, having the ability to watch Ravens games with my mom is priceless

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

yes, DirecTV has Sunday Ticket this season

Tank

Hall of Famer
technically you don't go into the hall of fame based on the team you played for, but I understand what you are saying.
If you listened to his acceptance speech it was fairly obvious where his allegiance lies, there’s no question he went in as a steeler. He may act differently for a bit to make some do re mi broadcasting, but he isn’t a Raven. So yeah, screw Rod. lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Also Kyler Murray can lose his $230M by breaking the no-baseball clause that's also in his contract.

Murray’s deal includes a very broad clause that triggers a default as to his guaranteed money in the event that he has any involvement with organized baseball. A default occurs is Murray “participates in any type of baseball-related activity (including, without limitation, a tryout, workout, practice, scrimmage, exhibition or game) for any baseball team, in any baseball league.”

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't imagine having to invest that much money on someone that you feel is THAT immature lol

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't imagine having to invest that much money on someone that you feel is THAT immature lol
Doesn't feel like a maturity issue to me. Media is overblowing it to begin with. It's basically just bad PR. If they were that concerned about his film study habits, they wouldn't have given out the contract.

Also naïve of the public to pretend like all QBs have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady's film study habits and spend 12 hours a day in film sessions. I can guarantee few other players at other positions do that, and even at the NFL level, there's plenty of guys who believe they're there purely on talent and desire.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Doesn't feel like a maturity issue to me. Media is overblowing it to begin with. It's basically just bad PR. If they were that concerned about his film study habits, they wouldn't have given out the contract.

Also naïve of the public to pretend like all QBs have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady's film study habits and spend 12 hours a day in film sessions. I can guarantee few other players at other positions do that, and even at the NFL level, there's plenty of guys who believe they're there purely on talent and desire.

Kyler has came out and stated that he wasn't into studying and doesn't feel the need to study because he can naturally see what's going to happen before it happens.