• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yup. Though I'm generally unclear on how anybody can say they're surprised by inflation. Anybody with a pulse could see this coming from a hundred miles away given the landscape of the economy in the last 2-3 years.

Housing will rebound at some point. Interest rates rising and there's already a slowdown in demand. Builders haven't recognized so in the next few years you'll see an influx of high supply, low demand. Will drive prices flatter.

Not back to levels 3-5 years ago, and I don't necessarily think prices will go down, but they'll flatten out. These like 20-30% price increases YoY aren't sustainable.
Ive always been surprised it didnt happen sooner in here ..most of us here are shocked by how everything is starting to look like up north.. from the skyscrapers, to the house designs and the 1800 rent for 550 sq ft studio apts..

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I can't speak for other states, but boy oh boy do we got some slow MFs in the left lane. Holy shit.
It is my biggest pet peeve when I am on the interstate. If you are not passing someone, stay the hell out of the hammer lane! I had a truck on Thursday ride next to another truck for about 20+ miles and both going a few miles under the speed limit. The line he had backed up behind him was insane. Clear as a bell in front of him. I know there was some serious road rage developing, because at some point you have to think the driver knew what he was doing and just was being an asshole. I do not even like when they have their cruise control on and are going an eighth of a mile an hour faster then pull in the left lane to pass. Take your cruise control off, put the hammer down, pass the camper, get back in the right lane, then reset you cruise control. Don’t be an ignorant asshole.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yup. Though I'm generally unclear on how anybody can say they're surprised by inflation. Anybody with a pulse could see this coming from a hundred miles away given the landscape of the economy in the last 2-3 years.

Housing will rebound at some point. Interest rates rising and there's already a slowdown in demand. Builders haven't recognized so in the next few years you'll see an influx of high supply, low demand. Will drive prices flatter.

Not back to levels 3-5 years ago, and I don't necessarily think prices will go down, but they'll flatten out. These like 20-30% price increases YoY aren't sustainable.
Totally agree. I have a friend who lives in VA who wants to sell his home only because he feels the home prices are going to plummet. He then is going to rent and wait for prices to come down and mortgage rates to go back down before buying again. This friend has 8 years to go before he pays off his mortgage, yet he is ok paying a rent that is also increasing and that's basically throwing money away.

I've tried to tell him that this is much different than 2007-08. In 2007, the housing market started to plummet. A combination of rising home prices, loose lending practices, and an increase in subprime mortgages pushed up real estate prices to unsustainable levels. Foreclosures and defaults crashed the housing market, wiping out financial securities backing up subprime mortgages. This isn't going to happen now. Increases will most likely flatten out to the norm and worst case home prices drop a little.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It is my biggest pet peeve when I am on the interstate. If you are not passing someone, stay the hell out of the hammer lane! I had a truck on Thursday ride next to another truck for about 20+ miles and both going a few miles under the speed limit. The line he had backed up behind him was insane. Clear as a bell in front of him. I know there was some serious road rage developing, because at some point you have to think the driver knew what he was doing and just was being an asshole. I do not even like when they have their cruise control on and are going an eighth of a mile an hour faster then pull in the left lane to pass. Take your cruise control off, put the hammer down, pass the camper, get back in the right lane, then reset you cruise control. Don’t be an ignorant asshole.
btw, being a police officer I have a question for you. When someone is speeding, how far above the speed limit would you pull them over. I'm curious what your answer is for a highway.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can't speak for other states, but boy oh boy do we got some slow MFs in the left lane. Holy shit.
Driving in Florida is gambling with your life

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
are you a lender or do you work in a bank.

On July 1st I paid off my mortgage. I had a 15 year that I paid off in 11 years and ironically it was the lenders birthday.

We just totally gutted our bathroom. It's a total remodel, so now I have more to pay on the bathroom than the house.
Aren't you a finance guy of some sorts? Bank a little first jeez.

Yeah I see a whole shitload of those clapboard 600,000 high dollar homes just invading and taking over the cornfields of Delaware. With the intersets rates now on housing I can see these standing empty for quite some time. There's no gray area they're either building fancy high dollar homes and giving them fancy names like Whispering Valley or Buck Run Estates or building section 8. Whatever happened to low style ranchers? Idk just peeving but I hate those gaudy lookalike houses

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey I take offense to that lolol. Cars do it too. It's called British driving.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Especially on a motorcycle. Pinellas is getting too dangerous. I might be forced to sell my bike. Just the thought depresses me.
That’s the way it’s been for years around the DC/Baltimore Beltways. As long as I live here I won’t own another bike, people drive like their in a video game and it’s become even worse during the pandemic.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s the way it’s been for years around the DC/Baltimore Beltways. As long as I live here I won’t own another bike, people drive like their in a video game and it’s become even worse during the pandemic.
It sucks. I believe Pinellas County is the most densely populated county in FL with more coming every day. A biker dies practically every day here.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Especially on a motorcycle. Pinellas is getting too dangerous. I might be forced to sell my bike. Just the thought depresses me.
Seriously , it’s down right scary how distracted people are here and we all know the speed limit is 80 on every road. I moved from wide open eastern NC where it’s great for riding. Now Tampa, I rode my bike the first day from Apollo Beach to McDill, haven’t taken it outside of the neighborhood since . Just not worth it

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You guys don't know what danger is until you drive around South Florida. Specifically Miami-Dade County (Miami)

Pure insanity
Don’t forget you gotta dodge drunk NFL QBs staggering around the highway lol … to soon? Nah

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Seriously , it’s down right scary how distracted people are here and we all know the speed limit is 80 on every road. I moved from wide open eastern NC where it’s great for riding. Now Tampa, I rode my bike the first day from Apollo Beach to McDill, haven’t taken it outside of the neighborhood since . Just not worth it
If I go for a ride these days I literally just head to Gulf Blvd (5 min ride) and drive up and down the beach at 35 MPH. Its nice but it gets old. I dont dare go anywhere else though.